steveishere
10 years ago

Ok so a guy starts off with 2 games which he got 4 sacks each and the next 6 games he gets none, would he be an awesome pass rusher with an average of 1 a game or is it just an average player that got lucky?

Here is his games played starting from rookie year

2009 16 games played (only season he played every game)
2010 15 games
2011 15 games
2012 12 games
2013 11 games

to we see a bad trend here or is he worth the 22 million a year?

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

He does a hell of a lot more during a game than get sacks. You are crying about plays that happen 10-15ish times a season that's with like 800-1000 defensive plays total. Do you understand how ridiculous that is? You are going to have to come with a hell of a lot more than just sack totals. He didn't miss any games from injury in 2011 so he really played every game that year.

You are so misinformed it's just ridiculous. You are only off on his yearly average salary by about 9m but hey nice try. Dude's costing us 11m this year. GTFO till you know what you are talking about.
steveishere
10 years ago
lol trading him is a genius idea as well ([sarcasm] ) considering not only would it not save money while taking the best player off an already not great defense but it would cost an extra 6m against the cap to do so.
DakotaT
10 years ago
So if Peppers is going to play one of the OLB positions, where will they play Perry? I wonder if he could do some thumping in the middle? God knows we haven't had a linebacker know the snot out of a running in a long time.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Ok so a guy starts off with 2 games which he got 4 sacks each and the next 6 games he gets none, would he be an awesome pass rusher with an average of 1 a game or is it just an average player that got lucky?

Here is his games played starting from rookie year

2010 15 games
2011 15 games
2012 12 games
2013 11 games

to we see a bad trend here or is he worth the 22 million a year?

I didn't see where you mentioned that in 2011 he was a healthy scratch. Why is that? Why would you exclude that? Would it be due to you trying to slant the facts to your opinion?

You can quit trying to validate someone being worth 22 million dollars a year because NO ONE is worth that, period.

I'm also struggling to see where he is bringing home said 22 million dollars a year. Closest i found was his signing bonus which we all know those get spread out.

4/17/2013: Signed a six-year, $69.73 million contract. The deal included a $20.5 million signing bonus. Matthews is eligible for annual $500,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life. He can earn $500,000 in annual per-game roster bonuses in years two through six.
2014: $1 million (+ $5 million roster bonus due in March),
2015: $7.6 million,
2016: $8.65 million,
2017: $10.1 million,
2018: $10.4 million,
2019: Free Agent

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
10 years ago
Its been said Peppers will play fewer than 800 snaps this season. I assume that leaves Perry for the rest.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Who wants to get back on topic?

I can't believe The Packers haven't laid the whole 2014 season defensive game plan out for the media, fans and OPPOSING teams to go over.

MIS-INFORMATION PEOPLE!!!!!

Peppers isn't going to be an every down player.

What he will be is a nightmare for opposing DC's, not knowing just when and where he will be lining up.

With the guys The Packers have signed now, and probably a couple more additions thru the draft or FA, if they stay relatively healthy, hell we could be seeing different looks from series to series.

What he will bring is great veteran knowledge and leadership(which will be needed if Pickett and Jolly are not back).

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
steveishere
10 years ago

So if Peppers is going to play one of the OLB positions, where will they play Perry? I wonder if he could do some thumping in the middle? God knows we haven't had a linebacker know the snot out of a running in a long time.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Perry will probably be the starter but there will be plenty of snaps for a 3rd olb. It might even be a good idea to have perry and peppers at olb and throw clay in the middle here and there.
play2win
10 years ago

Peppers isn't going to be an every down player.

What he will be is a nightmare for opposing DC's, not knowing just when and where he will be lining up.

With the guys The Packers have signed now, and probably a couple more additions thru the draft or FA, if they stay relatively healthy, hell we could be seeing different looks from series to series.

What he will bring is great veteran knowledge and leadership(which will be needed if Pickett and Jolly are not back).

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Yep. Spot on buckeye. The beauty of having Peppers will be a vastly improved rotation, along with the ability to disguise looks to an opposing O.

What I think is really cool is that Peppers has been wanting to play in a 3-4 for years. Who cares if he has to drop back occasionally? He will be very tough to throw over. To have a guy with his talents, excited to be in a new defense, that should be something special to see, even if it is in rotation. Fewer snaps for everybody, solid play throughout with improved talent across the board. This could mean quite a lot to guys like Datone Jones, BJ Raji, Josh Boyd, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal and Nick Perry, not to mention Clay Matthews.

Add to it Peppers' sure motivation to win a ring, and this could get really interesting. Figure, he is a year younger right now than Reggie was when he won his ring. Should be fun to watch.
QCHuskerFan
10 years ago

2010 15 games
2011 15 games
2012 12 games
2013 11 games

to we see a bad trend here?

If we employ 3rd grade math, we would see this is a trend. And not a positive one.

To further act like 3rd graders, we could make excuses for individual years. But excuses don't change the trend. They just make us feel better about it.

It's just a trend. Clay can change it. But I believe it was in the back of TT's mind that when he signed Peppers, it was to insure an impact player would be available if Clay went down. Again. (Or if Perry gets hurt again.)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

Yep. Spot on buckeye. The beauty of having Peppers will be a vastly improved rotation, along with the ability to disguise looks to an opposing O.

What I think is really cool is that Peppers has been wanting to play in a 3-4 for years. Who cares if he has to drop back occasionally? He will be very tough to throw over. To have a guy with his talents, excited to be in a new defense, that should be something special to see, even if it is in rotation. Fewer snaps for everybody, solid play throughout with improved talent across the board. This could mean quite a lot to guys like Datone Jones, BJ Raji, Josh Boyd, Mike Daniels, Mike Neal and Nick Perry, not to mention Clay Matthews.

Add to it Peppers' sure motivation to win a ring, and this could get really interesting. Figure, he is a year younger right now than Reggie was when he won his ring. Should be fun to watch.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I'd probably replace "vastly improved rotation" with a more modest "improved rotation." I like the signing of Peppers quite a bit, but I consider him a tier 2 signing at this point in his career. He might have a tier 1A year left in him, and compared to the rest of the alternatives at LB/DE not named Matthews he is an upgrade, but even with him the team is, IMO, at best a middle-of-the-pack defense.

And, more likely, still below average.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (56m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.