nerdmann
10 years ago
I was just reviewing this playoff again against SF and DAMN.

I do NOT fear that team at all anymore. We started off in a classic Mike McCarthy lull. But boy. They kind of let us hang around too much.

We lost that game just by the thinnest of threads.

1: Shields goes down on first series.

2: Neal goes down on first series.

3: Hyde NEARLY picks of Kaepernick late in the game. Just off his finger tips. Almost guaranteed pick six if Sam is in the game.

4: Kaepernick keeps the drive alive late, I think it was the winning drive, by running for a first down. Bush takes a bad angle, allowing Kapernick to keep it alive. Well that dude is our what, 10th dback? LOL.

5: We lost Bakhtiari, although he was getting pretty lit up anyway.

This team always fights and never gives up. They've got guts, that's for sure. The problem is they play too tight, too nervous, so they go into those goddamn lulls all the time. Oh yeah, another problem is the constant devastating injuries.

I actually gave up on the season during the Bears game. On that last drive, the SECOND 4th down we got. I was thinking, "We might make this, and pull this game out, but even if we go all the way and end up winning the Superbowl, we've still FAILED. This is just NOT good enough."

So, when we lost on that last second FG and got eliminated, it wasn't quite as gut wrenching for me as it may have been for most fans. I had already conceded the season. if we won it all, great. But even if we did, we wouldn't have DESERVED it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
El3ment12
10 years ago
That game was extremely gut wrenching for me. We went from most of us having no faith because we lost Rodgers, to getting him back and almost eliminating the big bad SF 49ers!! We came soooo damn close.
nerdmann
10 years ago

That game was extremely gut wrenching for me. We went from most of us having no faith because we lost Rodgers, to getting him back and almost eliminating the big bad SF 49ers!! We came soooo damn close.

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 

Not only that, but the next game after it was winnable. Forget who we would have played, but some shit was aligning. But still.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

You couldn't be anymore wrong with your #4 statement then Troy Aikmen was when he called the play live.

Got to Packers.com, cue up the very last Larry McCarren show, to about the 13 min mark of the show, where Larry breaks down the play.

Jarret Bush did exactly what he was supposed to do, put pressure on the QB and make him move off his spot.

He was supposed to have contain help come from Mulumba and/or Daniels who were running a stunt and collided with each other.

Throw in the fact that Mulumba was already injured and shouldn't have even been on the field, and that is why Kaepernick was able to run for the 1st down.

I've said it before and will say it again, instant analysis of any football play is just down right silly.

Only the coaches and players know what alignment have been called, who has what assignment, and lastly which player did their job correctly.

There's a reason coaches break down every play of every game, to get a true reading of who is performing and who is not.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
10 years ago

You couldn't be anymore wrong with your #4 statement then Troy Aikmen was when he called the play live.

Got to Packers.com, cue up the very last Larry McCarren show, to about the 13 min mark of the show, where Larry breaks down the play.

Jarret Bush did exactly what he was supposed to do, put pressure on the QB and make him move off his spot.

He was supposed to have contain help come from Mulumba and/or Daniels who were running a stunt and collided with each other.

Throw in the fact that Mulumba was already injured and shouldn't have even been on the field, and that is why Kaepernick was able to run for the 1st down.

I've said it before and will say it again, instant analysis of any football play is just down right silly.

Only the coaches and players know what alignment have been called, who has what assignment, and lastly which player did their job correctly.

There's a reason coaches break down every play of every game, to get a true reading of who is performing and who is not.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Even so, Sam's alot faster than Bush.

At any rate, I do NOT fear the Niners. I don't fear any of these teams.

sschind
10 years ago

We are talking about Jerrett Bush right? Number 24 for the Green Bay Packers. That guy. You have to be wrong or at least you misunderstood. I mean come on, Its Jarrett Bush. He couldn't have been in the right spot. Must be a different Jarrett Bush. The Jarrett Bush I'm thinking of is never in the right spot. He never does anything right. He's the absolute worst player in the league. He obviously has pictures of Ted in some compromising position, maybe with McCarthy. That's the only way he is still in the NFL. Sheesh, Jarrett freaking Bush did something right. Yeah right. Pull the other one.
DakotaT
10 years ago

We are talking about Jerrett Bush right? Number 24 for the Green Bay Packers. That guy. You have to be wrong or at least you misunderstood. I mean come on, Its Jarrett Bush. He couldn't have been in the right spot. Must be a different Jarrett Bush. The Jarrett Bush I'm thinking of is never in the right spot. He never does anything right. He's the absolute worst player in the league. He obviously has pictures of Ted in some compromising position, maybe with McCarthy. That's the only way he is still in the NFL. Sheesh, Jarrett freaking Bush did something right. Yeah right. Pull the other one.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Yeah, but he got a pick in the Super Bowl, and is a hell of a gunner on special teams.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I doubt this point of view will be very popular, but that never bothered me. I had kinda a feeling in that game that the Packers were "playing with house money" - I had pretty much written off the season earlier. Then we had a couple of miracles, but it still seemed like the season was down the drain - let's come back next year with a lot better situation.

As for the Niners, they impressed me as a bunch of chokers - both of the last two years. I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but I really think they had the talent to beat the Seahawks as well as who was it? the Giants? the year before. They just didn't. Hell, they damn near choked against a very much injury-weakened Packer team.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
warhawk
10 years ago
You have to give this team kudo's for how they fought back to tie the Vikes, and beat both Dallas and Chicago.

There were just too many defensive players out of the game against the 49'rs and as hard as they played you could see they just ran out of gas on that last drive. With no Mathews, Neal, Jolly, Shields, several players were in on far more snaps than they normally would have seen.

What was frustrating for me was having to settle for the tying FG rather than taking the lead late in that game. It would have been much harder for SF to come back and win if we had gone up by 4 and they needed a TD vs. a last second FG to put us away.

What I'm fired up about is getting players back healthy, adding some new blood, a deep draft coming up, and a coaching staff that is focused on putting players where they can be successful and adding schemes that cut them loose.

By final roster day I expect this team to be right in the top 3 or four that can win it all. They already proved they won't quit and believe in themselves so the "heart of a champion" is there team wide and that's huge IMO. Got to have that no matter how much talent you have.

"The train is leaving the station."
joemailman
9 years ago

I think McCarren has it wrong. Once Mulumba takes an inside rush lane, Bush has to have the outside contain. Even if Mulumba and Daniels don't run into each other, there is no way Daniels could have gotten into position to have outside contain. The problem is that Kaep does a pump fake, and when he does, Bush takes an inside rush lane. He has to stay outside the fullback there. Once Kaep pulls the ball down and runs outside, Packers had no chance.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (30m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.