Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Since this is turning into a impromptu mock draft thread

UserPostedImage

1st Round: Guinness. Solid first choice. Has a blue collar background though there are worries of over exposure of late
2nd Round: Stella Artois. Polished product from a pedigree background
3rd Round: Blue Moon. Can't go wrong with this pick at this spot.
3rd Round Comp: Samaul Adams Seasonal. At this point, a pure value pick
4th Round: Fat Tire. Great production at current level but some worries over playing weight.
5th Round: Dos Equis Amber. Rotational option.
5th Round Comp: Newcastle Brown Ale. Good potential but either you hate this pick or love it at this spot
6th Round: Budweiser. Filler pick. Probably a product of the system rather than any real talent.
7th Round: Coors Light. See Budweiser analysis.

Wait, what kind of draft are we talking about here? Oh that draft! [grin1]
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Two things I have learned from using 1st pick.
1. The names of players who don't go to Ohio State, and what rnds guys are expected to be drafted.
It's going to make watching the draft this year a little more interesting.

.2. Every draft I have done(and that's a lot), 1 of the top 10 players in the draft always seem to fall to 21, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Evans, Nix, Arnold, if that happens I see Ted grabbing whichever guy it is(the value just to high not to take at 21).

I have 2 that I will go with.

Using 1st pick....in the 1st Clinton-Dix fell to 21.

Stayed pat throughout the draft,came up with thi result:

Round 1 Pick 21: Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Round 3 Pick 21: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Keith McGill, CB, Utah
Round 4 Pick 21: Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 21: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): David Fales, QB, San Jose State
Round 6 Pick 21: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 21: Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts

Since it's very improbable Clinton-Dix will fall to 21, I am also posting this draft.
I traded down to 30 since all the "big name" players were taken before 21.
Used those trade picks to move up in the 4th, 5th and 6th rnds.

Although this draft didn't score as mu "highest" according to 1st pick.
I like the guys that were available when I drafted, would take these guys anytime to keep the "Draft and Develop" going in Green Bay.

Round 1 Pick 30 (S.F.): Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 21: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 4 Pick 21: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Dontae Johnson, FS, North Carolina State
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota
Round 6 Pick 2 (WASH): David Fales, QB, San Jose State

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
9 years ago

Since this is turning into a impromptu mock draft thread

UserPostedImage

1st Round: Guinness. Solid first choice. Has a blue collar background though there are worries of over exposure of late
2nd Round: Stella Artois. Polished product from a pedigree background
3rd Round: Blue Moon. Can't go wrong with this pick at this spot.
3rd Round Comp: Samaul Adams Seasonal. At this point, a pure value pick
4th Round: Fat Tire. Great production at current level but some worries over playing weight.
5th Round: Dos Equis Amber. Rotational option.
5th Round Comp: Newcastle Brown Ale. Good potential but either you hate this pick or love it at this spot
6th Round: Budweiser. Filler pick. Probably a product of the system rather than any real talent.
7th Round: Coors Light. See Budweiser analysis.

Wait, what kind of draft are we talking about here? Oh that draft! [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I like your draft best Mucky. 😆 😆 😆

"over exposure..." too good.
play2win
9 years ago

Two things I have learned from using 1st pick.
1. The names of players who don't go to Ohio State, and what rnds guys are expected to be drafted.
It's going to make watching the draft this year a little more interesting.

.2. Every draft I have done(and that's a lot), 1 of the top 10 players in the draft always seem to fall to 21, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Evans, Nix, Arnold, if that happens I see Ted grabbing whichever guy it is(the value just to high not to take at 21).

I have 2 that I will go with.

Using 1st pick....in the 1st Clinton-Dix fell to 21.

Stayed pat throughout the draft,came up with thi result:

Round 1 Pick 21: Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 21: Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Keith McGill, CB, Utah
Round 4 Pick 21: Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 21: Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): David Fales, QB, San Jose State
Round 6 Pick 21: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 21: Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts

Since it's very improbable Clinton-Dix will fall to 21, I am also posting this draft.
I traded down to 30 since all the "big name" players were taken before 21.
Used those trade picks to move up in the 4th, 5th and 6th rnds.

Although this draft didn't score as mu "highest" according to 1st pick.
I like the guys that were available when I drafted, would take these guys anytime to keep the "Draft and Develop" going in Green Bay.

Round 1 Pick 30 (S.F.): Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Round 2 Pick 21: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
Round 4 Pick 21: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Dontae Johnson, FS, North Carolina State
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Tyler Starr, OLB, South Dakota
Round 6 Pick 2 (WASH): David Fales, QB, San Jose State

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Holy Crap buckeye! Your first 4 picks would go a very long way towards solving any problems we have on D. Keith McGill at the end of R3 would be a nice way to finish that off - though would like to see an ILB in there. And with your 2nd set, Kony Ealy and Anthony Johnson are big dudes. Getting Smallwood at the top of R4 would be big.
play2win
9 years ago
Hey, anyone think we may take a stab at DE Kareem Martin 6-6 266 out of North Carolina? Someone for fellow NC alumni Julius Peppers to mentor? Almost a prototype. He had 78 tackles last year, 20 for loss and 11 sacks. I could see it.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
Wade all your trading down would drive me crazy. I would be a sniper in a bell tower somewhere and people would be wondering why. When I mumbled something about that damn "Uncle Teddy" no one outside this board would have a clue since I have no Uncle named Teddy, Ted or Theodore.
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago
Postal.

Yeah, I understand this draft is perceived to be deep, but you do want to get the best players you can out of a deep draft. Not to mention, for a real mock, there has to be some realistic expectations of the kinds of trades that can be made. Trades are not easy to pull off. I would imagine there will be a ton of teams wanting to trade down for the same reasons many in the draft game do.

Maybe this is the year Ted finds partners to trade up, as well as down. He does seem pretty masterful when it comes to closing draft day deals. All I care is that he lands some really good players for us. If he somehow walks away with 5 really solid players at their respective positions, I'll be happy and consider this team improved. Having 4 in the top 100 to start is a big help.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Buckeye, since Clinton-Dix actually DID last until #21 in your stand pat draft, why would you say you don't think he will last that long? In most of the mock drafts I've seen, he is still there. I like that one of yours mainly because you went back for another Safety in the 3rd round too.

Wade, as I have said, with the Packer propensity to cross-train O-Linemen to play Center and to not do a lot of sophisticated stuff from the Center position, I really don't think they should or will draft a Center until very late if at all.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
mi_keys
9 years ago

Buckeye, since Clinton-Dix actually DID last until #21 in your stand pat draft, why would you say you don't think he will last that long? In most of the mock drafts I've seen, he is still there. I like that one of yours mainly because you went back for another Safety in the 3rd round too.

Wade, as I have said, with the Packer propensity to cross-train O-Linemen to play Center and to not do a lot of sophisticated stuff from the Center position, I really don't think they should or will draft a Center until very late if at all.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Out of curiosity, which mocks have Dix available at 21? I think all of the nfl.com and a few others I've looked at all have him gone by the Rams at 13 or Bears at 14. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to us, mind you.
Born and bred a cheesehead
play2win
9 years ago

Out of curiosity, which mocks have Dix available at 21? I think all of the nfl.com and a few others I've looked at all have him gone by the Rams at 13 or Bears at 14. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to us, mind you.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Yeah, I've seen him in the 10-15 range. But, stocks do fall, and maybe his does. I still question whether or not he is all of that. Is it his SEC experience that is driving up his stock? Because, to me, there are a handful more guys playing the position with equal or better skills/measureables. Pure, layman's fan perspective though. Sure, he is a good player and I would't mind at all if he were our pick. Not one bit.

Agree on the mocks. I haven't seen him falling.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.