Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

The next Packer GM will be John Schneider of the Seahawks. Schneider is from DePere and was a Packer fan growing up. Its his dream job. Wolf could be a GM down the road but it wont be in GB when Thompson retires.

Originally Posted by: The GM 

It's a good point, and I'd personally rather have Schneider.

But would "coming back home" be enough for him? He's already a GM, and he works for a billionaire who keeps his hands off. He's got rings.

It's sort of like an alumnus of Wisconsin who already serves as the President of the University of Colorado? How likely is it that he would become President of the U of W?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
uffda udfa
9 years ago

If you go to the "News " link in the upper left corner, you could have found the same story and clicked "Discuss" to generate the topic and add your thoughts. :-)

it'll look like this !!

Mark Murphy doesn't decide if Mike McCarthy gets an extension. That is Ted Thompson. When Thompson leaves, he will give advance notice. He's not shady like that. And yes Eliot Wolf has been groomed to take his place and admires McCarthy.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is from the article: Murphy, the team's president, has been working on a contract extension for McCarthy during the off-season, according to sources.

A housekeeping issue... is it wrong to start a topic the way I started it? I'd never been to the "NEWS" section until you mentioned I should've clicked it. I clicked it to see what had been discussed, already, and it created a discussion. Oops.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Laser Gunns
9 years ago
Fun factoid:

jon Schnider talked very fondly of his time in Green Bay.... At the Seahawks Super Bowl parade.

And again during a radio interview a few weeks ago.

I don't think a homecoming is really too far fetched.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

This is from the article: Murphy, the team's president, has been working on a contract extension for McCarthy during the off-season, according to sources.

A housekeeping issue... is it wrong to start a topic the way I started it? I'd never been to the "NEWS" section until you mentioned I should've clicked it. I clicked it to see what had been discussed, already, and it created a discussion. Oops.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

UU if you click the "discuss" button it creates a new thread. It you click the yellow hyper link it pulls up the story for you but does not create the thread here.

We do get 2 or 3 threads sometimes. Zero often combines them together.

One of the advantages to using the news feed section is it saves time. Zero has it set up that it creates the topic subject line. It pulls the story or partial story in, provides a hyper link and put the story into a quote box. It just says time. Many posters prefer to create their own threads and that is fine too.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

UU if you click the "discuss" button it creates a new thread. It you click the yellow hyper link it pulls up the story for you but does not create the thread here.

We do get 2 or 3 threads sometimes. Zero often combines them together.

One of the advantages to using the news feed section is it saves time. Zero has it set up that it creates the topic subject line. It pulls the story or partial story in, provides a hyper link and put the story into a quote box. It just says time. Many posters prefer to create their own threads and that is fine too.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Thank you for the heads up. I wish I had "delete" powers over my own mistakes. That mistake won't happen again.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

WPR in CINCINNATI! Wait, that was WKRP wasn't it? Anyhow, Wayne pretty much covered it greatly. I am just chiming as acknowledgement more than anything else. 🙂

This post has a little more information on what the NEWS  feature is.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

The next Packer GM will be John Schneider of the Seahawks. Schneider is from DePere and was a Packer fan growing up. Its his dream job. Wolf could be a GM down the road but it wont be in GB when Thompson retires.

Originally Posted by: The GM 

I think Eliot Wolf has a far better shot at it than John Schneider. There is just no way Paul Allen lets him go to the Packers after Ted Thompson did it just a decade or so ago.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

Fun factoid:

jon Schnider talked very fondly of his time in Green Bay.... At the Seahawks Super Bowl parade.

And again during a radio interview a few weeks ago.

I don't think a homecoming is really too far fetched.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

I'm sure that's reassuring to Seahawk fans. 😆
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

I think Eliot Wolf has a far better shot at it than John Schneider. There is just no way Paul Allen lets him go to the Packers after Ted Thompson did it just a decade or so ago.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

But what if Schneider doesn't want to stick around? What happens if Carroll flexes his muscles in regards to personnel who don't work out and then bails before the crash like at USC? Think Schneider would want to deal with that? Remember, Carroll is driving that boat and Schneider is along for the ride.

Edit: Couldn't get the multiquote function to work between two posts from different pages 🤔
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

But what if Schneider doesn't want to stick around? What happens if Carroll flexes his muscles in regards to personnel who don't work out and then bails before the crash like at USC? Think Schneider would want to deal with that? Remember, Carroll is driving that boat and Schneider is along for the ride.

Edit: Couldn't get the multiquote function to work between two posts from different pages :-k

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

If it is Pete Carroll making all the decisions, then why would we want Schneider if he's just a face?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.