Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:05:55 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 715

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I think that would be a mistake. He could prove to be a gigantic bank heist taking Benjamin with the 21. I remember Rob Wolf passing on Randy Moss. We regretted that immediately, the first game we played them...

Word has it SF will snap him up.

I can't agree. Benjamin is not Moss. I don't think he has Moss's skill set. And while Moss had real red flags, his football brain wasn't one of them. (I don't think -- Anyone remember Moss's Wonderlic?)

No one thought Moss was a stretch talent-wise.

Talent-wise, Moss was as good (or better) than Watkins. Benjamin is at least one tier down from both of them.

Benjamin may be better than Lee. I don't agree, but a lot of people would say so.

But he's not Moss.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 5/7/2014(UTC), TheKanataThrilla on 5/7/2014(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:09:14 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 715

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
My problem with a WR in the 1st is I think that Aaron Rodgers can improve the ability of most of these guys. That is why I would prefer the good route running guys since if they can stay disciplined I think Rodgers will get them the damn ball.

Agree completely.

And this draft has a good number of those route-running guys. That's part of the reason I like Lee better than Benjamin.

Jordan Matthews (2nd/early third).

Grant/T.J. Jones/Norwood later.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline uffda udfa  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:34:10 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Randy Moss scored a 12 on his wonderlic test. Benjamin should never be compared with Randy Moss. Moss ran 4.25 and had incredible hands to go with his height. Benjamin is on the slow side with 4.61 speed. These guys aren't in the same universe. Benjamin's 3 cone drill time is worse than a lot of DE's.... Kony Ealy ran a 6.83 in his 3 cone. Benjamin ran a 7.33. In fact, Benjamin wouldn't have cracked the Top 15 for 3 cone drill numbers for defensive lineman. Benjamin is tall and about it. I will boldly predict there is no way in the world Ted Thompson takes this guy. He is one of the guys I don't want in this draft.

I want Jeremiah Attaochu...he will make the draft for me. I also want one of the stud WR prospects Latimer/Matthews/Moncrief/Beckham.

I've warmed to the idea of Ryan Shazier when I was totally opposed to it just due to the Ohio State thing but that's ridiculous. The guy has unique speed.

Wouldn't mind the guy many here don't want in Louis Nix...guy would be fun to have on the team. He's a different type of fun personality and I think he can play.

Would love Aaron Murray as a mid round selection as high as our 3rd round comp pick.

A 7th round flier on Colt Lyerla would be intriguing.

Love the idea of Borland in the middle and it has nothing to do with Badgers angle. Shazier and Borland would make a very interesting tandem in the middle for us. I also like Van Noy.

Clearly we need a safety but I have no clue who it should be. I just know whomever we take should be better than MD Jennings or Jerron McMillian. Pryor intrigues because he's Chuck Cecil psychotic and he would help remove the soft label.

Message modified by user Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:45:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed