uffda udfa
9 years ago
So much stuff out there on Manziel. He will go top 3... to he won't go in 1st round at all. Wow...what a scenario that would be...Packers on the clock and Johnny Football still on the board. No reason in this for fun scenario to think that the Packers could trade down as someone would want to move up to grab him save for the fact the Eagles are after Green Bay and Chip Kelly was totally devastated he didn't get this kid to come to Duck land.

If Manziel is there and trading down is not a possibility would you consider taking him?

My answer is... YES. If you're really taking BPA how can you consider passing on him despite having Rodgers? No one knows for sure, but that kid has a real possibility of being a rare NFL talent. I couldn't not take him if I was making the call. Way too much upside that would be "wasted" so to speak as he likely would be a non-starter, for years, but I'd love knowing if Rodgers went down we could potentially have a Bledsoe/Brady torch pass if he did.

Would love to see Packers in that position solely for the drama of it all. Ted Thompson could fleece some team trying to jump in front of the Eagles or he could take the college legend. I don't see any way where if we're in that scenario where we pick someone else at 21.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Yerko
9 years ago
If Johnny Manziel is BPA at 21, I hope the Packers trade out of the pick and give it to someone who is in need of a quarterback who, imo, think will be a huge flop.
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago
If Ted took Manziel there, his phones would be lit up immediately, and the light would be brighter than the sun.

I believe he could trade him for a king's ransom.

All of these insanely QB needy teams passing up their opportunities to take their QB in the hopes of doubling up on top talent by possibly getting them in R2 are a bunch of assholes and should be made to pay.

Fuck you Minnesota. You've got Fran Tarkington II staring you in the face and you take a LB? Fuck you.

And fuck you too Dallas.

😆
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
I have said this before and it is just as true now.

Trade the pick don't take a qb you don't need. If Uncle Teddy doesn't feel he is getting enough value for the pick take someone else.

There was a huge difference between taking Aaron Rodgers and Manziel. Brett only had a few years to go, if that much. Aaron has 5 or more. It would be a wasted pick.
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago

I have said this before and it is just as true now.

Trade the pick don't take a qb you don't need. If Uncle Teddy doesn't feel he is getting enough value for the pick take someone else.

There was a huge difference between taking Aaron Rodgers and Manziel. Brett only had a few years to go, if that much. Aaron has 5 or more. It would be a wasted pick.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

What if it nets you an R2, and R3 and a future R1?

BTW wpr, that video cracks me up. Freaking hilarious.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I am all in favor of that trade. I don't see why Uncle Teddy wouldn't be too.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago
I don't like him because he's too short. Maybe he's ok, I don't know.

I don't know how Ted has evaluated him.

If we do take him, Mike is just the guy to make a player out of him. But that's gonna be a year or two down the road when he pays dividends, probably a R1.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: play2win 

If a team isn't willing to trade up to that pick to take him I don't see why they would give up that much to get him after he's been picked. I mean heck if it's a team drafting early in the 2nd they could probably get the trade up with just the 2 and the 3.
steveishere
9 years ago

Bad investment. First of all you are giving up a 1st round pick. Then to get anything out of him he has to get substantial enough playing time that another team is confident in his ability. The playing time has to be fairly early enough that a team won't just be willing to wait out his contract if there's only a year left. He also has to play pro-bowl like in his probably small amount of opportunity just to even break even with a 1st round pick. To me all of that just doesn't seem that likely. Even less likely to land more than a 1st in the end.
play2win
9 years ago
Oh he'll, I couldn't do it anyway. We need to win a Super Bowl, not to fuck around. Hey, haven't we been through this?

And, the Michael Scott NO is pretty damn funny too
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.