uffda udfa
9 years ago
Why? For years and years all I ever heard was "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business"...that was the gay mantra for years and years. I would say EXACTLY it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Why do you care? Why is it your business? It sounds a bit hypocritical for you to tell me not to tell them what to do but you seem to say you wish for them to tell? Name me one heterosexual in the world, minus gay rumors, that ever made a proclamation about their sexuality? It's become like a top HS recruit announcing where they're going to college. It has become an obsession in this country to see people come out. That has been expressed in this very thread. That is no more right or wrong than my asking someone not to call some presser and tell the world they're gay. If Rodgers is gay, show up to the events with your boyfriend, as he may have done, and let that be it. He doesn't talk about what he does with the women he's linked to and I'm great with that in the same way I am about the guys he's seen with.

Now, all of a sudden it has become "cool" to admit what you do in your bedroom with another. I was perfectly fine not knowing. I don't care...I don't want to know. To praise someone for admitting they like sex with the same sex is one of the oddest phenomenons I've ever witnessed on this earth especially in light of the way gay folks used to want it which it was nobody's business. Now, they make it everyone's business and the world is supposed to fawn all over them about how brave they are? Right. What about all those years they didn't come out? How brave were they then? Plenty of others have now come out before them. I truly don't get it. I don't and won't.

Why do I want him to wait, if he is? It will create a media circus not conducive to winning. The last thing I want to see is JC Tretter being asked how he feels having a gay man's hand on his rear end 50+ times a game and what about those delay of game penalties? It isn't right for anyone at their place of business to have to answer questions like that. I wouldn't want anyone asking me those kind of idiotic questions. What am I supposed to say? I marvel at how strong that person was for coming forward?

Semi-related, I was bamboozled Russell Wilson had the Seahawks announce he was going through a divorce and then asked for privacy? On what level does that make sense...that was like a fast forward version of what the LGBT crowd wanted for years.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

mi_keys
9 years ago

Why? For years and years all I ever heard was "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business"...that was the gay mantra for years and years.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Which made sense in light of sodomy laws.

I would say EXACTLY it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Why do you care? Why is it your business?

I don't. That's why I'm willing to let a gay person decide whether or not they want to tell other people he or she is gay. As I said, that's his or her prerogative (along with their partner, if we are talking about a relationship).

It sounds a bit hypocritical for you to tell me not to tell them what to do but you seem to say you wish for them to tell?

Let me reiterate, it is their prerogative. I'm saying they should be free to choose whether or not they want to disclose their homosexuality. It should not be dictated by a third party either way (either for disclosure or against).

Name me one heterosexual in the world, minus gay rumors, that ever made a proclamation about their sexuality?

Try almost everyone. Every time a guy says this is my girlfriend or this is my wife (or conversely a woman saying the same about a husband or boyfriend) they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. When you see certain public displays of affection between a man and a woman, they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. If you have a picture of your spouse of the opposite gender and your kids sitting at your desk at work, you are implying that you are heterosexual. When a group of guys or girls talk about the member of the opposite sex they met at the club the night before and that they might go out on a date with them, they are necessarily declaring they are heterosexual. For crying out loud, when you see a proposal at a game two people are declaring in front of an audience of tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people that they are heterosexual (I've yet to see a homosexual proposal at a game, though that doesn't mean there hasn't been one). People announce, verbally or otherwise, to crowds large and small, friends and strangers, that they are heterosexual all the time.

That was the whole point of bringing up players and their wives and girlfriends out in public. They are declaring that they are heterosexual whether or not they explicitly state it. And all of this before we even get to athletes who have very openly gone about their womanizing.

Bringing this up also ignores the fact that the base assumption about a persons sexual orientation will almost invariably be that he or she is heterosexual. That's what the vast majority of people are.

It's become like a top HS recruit announcing where they're going to college. It has become an obsession in this country to see people come out. That has been expressed in this very thread.

And I'm not arguing the ideal is that we all devolve into mass euphoria every time someone comes out; but so long as people tell homosexuals they should keep their mouth shut, the reaction you're going to get is people applauding gays for asking to be treated the same.

That is no more right or wrong than my asking someone not to call some presser and tell the world they're gay. If Rodgers is gay, show up to the events with your boyfriend, as he may have done, and let that be it.

No, it is wrong. If Tom Brady can show up at public events with Gisele, effectively announcing that he is straight; then a gay athlete can announce they are gay.

He doesn't talk about what he does with the women he's linked to and I'm great with that in the same way I am about the guys he's seen with.

Now, all of a sudden it has become "cool" to admit what you do in your bedroom with another. I was perfectly fine not knowing. I don't care...I don't want to know.

And back to the "what happens between two people in their own bedroom is their business" argument for silence, which I wanted to return to for another reason: I have never once heard a gay person come out and immediately spill what their favorite sexual position, fetish or toy is. That just doesn't happen. And for all you know they're a virgin saving themselves for their future husband or life partner.

To praise someone for admitting they like sex with the same sex is one of the oddest phenomenons I've ever witnessed on this earth especially in light of the way gay folks used to want it which it was nobody's business. Now, they make it everyone's business and the world is supposed to fawn all over them about how brave they are? Right. What about all those years they didn't come out? How brave were they then? Plenty of others have now come out before them.

They aren't praising them for enjoying sex with a certain group of people; they are praising them for refusing to be silenced.

I truly don't get it. I don't and won't.

The first thing I've agreed with.

Why do I want him to wait, if he is? It will create a media circus not conducive to winning. The last thing I want to see is JC Tretter being asked how he feels having a gay man's hand on his rear end 50+ times a game and what about those delay of game penalties? It isn't right for anyone at their place of business to have to answer questions like that. I wouldn't want anyone asking me those kind of idiotic questions. What am I supposed to say? I marvel at how strong that person was for coming forward?

So the premise is because others are bigots, and the media will feed off of that, a gay athlete should have to hide who they are... is that what you are saying?

Michael Sam has already come out and that media firestorm has died down already.

And as for questions to Tretter or anyone else about a gay teammate, I'm hoping they would say it makes absolute fuck all difference.
Born and bred a cheesehead
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I'm saying there is no need for a press conference or some contrived announcement of one's sexuality. If Rodgers and Kevin had a relationship he should've spoken to it when they were seen together. I wouldn't have had any issue if that came out in the natural course of things but to put this out there on some grand scale is sick and wrong in my view. I don't like it and will never like it. If it's truly about equality NOBODY will be getting whipped into a frenzy if someone is gay or not...as it is now, we're to Defcon 4 everytime some famous person makes their homosexual/lesbian proclamation. It's big time news. Yes, who the hetero is dating is also big news, but it is not news, in and of itself, for the choice in sexual preference. I don't think you separate the two properly and place them in proper context. "They're praising them for refusing to be silenced"?????? That is your quote. What? I asked below...who is silencing them? Who? The awful bigots? Who exactly are you referring to...there is NOTHING standing in the way of anyone being gay today. It's boomtown, today for LGBT folks. Haven't you seen the parades? Yes, it really looks like they're afraid of being silenced. Listen and think about what you wrote... makes no sense at all. It's a quote typed for nothing more than to say it's right to celebrate one's coming out. It is not but I doubt you'll see it any differently.

I think you've confused something quite badly. The idea that Tom Brady shows up with Gisele is not calling a press conference to announce he's heterosexual. Rodgers has been at events with that Kevin guy for years...no press conference. No different than Brady. You want to try and take Brady's arrangement to the level of Ellen Page announcing to the world she likes girls. That is not the same. Tom Brady has never called a presser or spoke out on Twitter that he is a flaming heterosexual, nor should he. You talk about gays being silenced. That, again, I don't get. Who is silencing them? The entire world could be against what they want to say but, in the end, they still hold all the power in the world to tell the world they're gay if that's what they really feel they need to do.

I'm not sure how old you are but I doubt you're typing to me what you're typing to me now 20 years ago. What has changed? You should really, really ponder that before you go on other pro tell the world sermonette. What has changed is you have been wildly influenced by the powerful gay movement in this country, nothing more, nothing less. I feel the same way about this issue, today, as I did 20 years ago. The throng of support and the literal clamoring for more and more gay people to announce is not for me not my thing. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. You should ask yourself why you seem so in favor of it today? Are your thoughts yours or are they manipulated by the changing cultural mores? I can picture you, hypothetically, speaking out in favor of incest if it ever happened to gain traction in this country as homosexuality has. If you want to run with the crowd and follow those who equate this to the despicable race issues this country has you're free to do so. I just love the whole...40 years from now you'll be on the wrong side of history if you aren't pro gay marriage and pro homosexuals. It is sad that many look out to see what the world might think of their viewpoint before they're ever comfortable sharing it. In a sense, what all these new converts to the pro gay platform need to do is celebrate a bigot who comes out and says they don't like it because that is tough to do these days. Stand against the raging pro LGBT tide. That takes more courage and is more worthy of your celebration than someone coming out as gay because those skids have been greased for some years now.

You may find it hard to believe but I believe in liberty and justice for ALL. However, homosexuals deserve no special adulation in this country...NONE. It's the hot new en vogue thing these days to run around telling everyone how you support gay rights and gay marriage because gosh darn it that's just the good hearted kinda guy you are. This self deception of how much better of a person you are and these others against it are awful bigots is just unreal to me. Literally un-freaking-real. I have treated and will continue to treat every human being like I want to be treated but I will not have anyone on this earth telling me how I should react or should think toward someone's sexuality whether that be to encourage or discourage a particular secret getting out.

Honestly, you think it would be "wonderful" if Aaron came out and told the world he was gay? Why? Would your argument be that it would make it easier for the next person to admit they were gay? Billy Beane has done it. Many hollywood actors and actresses have done it and music people as well. Jason Collins has done it. Esera Tuaolo has done it. Michael Sam has done it. How many is enough? Oh, but it would be so wonderful if Aaron Rodgers would do it? That makes no sense on any level whatsoever. I would be shocked if someone like him came out in the prime of his NFL career.

I don't want to know if you're gay, you shouldn't want to know if I'm gay... it would not be wonderful if you were hetero or homo and the same goes for me. There is more than enough acceptance out in the world already for any gay person to come on out...they're one of the hottest things going right now.

A final EDIT: I find great irony in the fact that many who seem to be on the "cool" side of this thing that have said they wouldn't care or they'd actually like it if he came out have to make sure they tell us that they aren't gay. That tells me that despite their words about gay acceptance it's just words...just wanting to be part of the crowd that is growing on the pro gay movement side of things. My gosh people have this undying need to be tapped into what is popular...heaven forbid they are in the minority and are subject to ridicule. Oh, no! Not that! Anything but that! Anyone who has commented in this thread and shared with us their "not being gay" story should ask themselves why they felt compelled to do that if they're all about "equality" there should be zero need to express to anyone what your sexuality is if you really look at all sexuality as being equal.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
This rumor was around six months or so ago. It seemed to get dismissed then. I haven't seen it discussed recently in other forums. I haven't seen any news now to get it going again. Has there been any?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

This rumor was around six months or so ago. It seemed to get dismissed then. I haven't seen it discussed recently in other forums. I haven't seen any news now to get it going again. Has there been any?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Yeah, Rodgers has been secretly dating Johnny Football. That's why Jaws likes him in the 3rd round. 😆

No, texas...nothing new. I just never realized how much junk there is on the web about this guy and his potential association with Aaron.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I could care less if Rodgers is gay. There's not a team in the league that wouldn't want him as their QB. And if he is gay, the right thing to do would be to come out and do it proudly. America is accepting that lifestyle more and more, except for dumbasses like those relics Texas and Gunny! Assholes like those guys will never accept anything but their own narrow minded visions of the world.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

You could care less? That means you DO care. Personally, I couldn't careless. Sure, the rumors had been true, I think Rodgers would have been the best person prepared for any backlash. As for caring though? I couldn't careless.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Oops... I thought that was directed at me... man, I gotta get more sleep. Pitiful.
UserPostedImage

mi_keys
9 years ago

If he's gay, I hope he waits until his playing days are over.

That was your first statement on the matter. It does not suggest you feel there is an acceptable way to come out if he were gay.

You asked about silencing, and it is the more vehement and direct iterations of the above statement. It's the proclamations that gays aren't welcome in sport due to some effeminate stereotype or another. It's the statements that a gay teammate wouldn't be welcome; the claims that they should keep it to themselves, that they have to hide who they are (often with the regurgitated line that what they do in the bedroom is their business). It's the cases of ostracization by families and friends. There is still significant social, cultural, religious and/or familial pressure to keep quiet and hide. Don't ask, don't tell. To deny this is at best naive and at worst dishonest.

And never mind the more serious issues such as the fact that 33 states still ban gay marriage. But please, go on with this image that it's a grand ol' time to be a gay.

I wouldn't have had any issue if that came out in the natural course of things

And for a star (athlete or otherwise), what effectively is the difference between saying "I'm gay" in front of a camera and sharing a kiss with your gay partner in front of said camera (the way so many heterosexual stars do all the bloody time)? They both tell you the exact same thing about the person's sexuality to the exact same number of people. There would be a media firestorm either way, until they get bored and move on to their next "breaking story."

I'm not sure how old you are but I doubt you're typing to me what you're typing to me now 20 years ago. What has changed? You should really, really ponder that before you go on other pro tell the world sermonette. What has changed is you have been wildly influenced by the powerful gay movement in this country, nothing more, nothing less. I feel the same way about this issue, today, as I did 20 years ago. The throng of support and the literal clamoring for more and more gay people to announce is not for me not my thing. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. You should ask yourself why you seem so in favor of it today? Are your thoughts yours or are they manipulated by the changing cultural mores? I can picture you, hypothetically, speaking out in favor of incest if it ever happened to gain traction in this country as homosexuality has. If you want to run with the crowd and follow those who equate this to the despicable race issues this country has you're free to do so. I just love the whole...40 years from now you'll be on the wrong side of history if you aren't pro gay marriage and pro homosexuals. It is sad that many look out to see what the world might think of their viewpoint before they're ever comfortable sharing it. In a sense, what all these new converts to the pro gay platform need to do is celebrate a bigot who comes out and says they don't like it because that is tough to do these days. Stand against the raging pro LGBT tide. That takes more courage and is more worthy of your celebration than someone coming out as gay because those skids have been greased for some years now.

I'm 25. I've felt this way since I was maybe 12 and I first understood what homosexuality really is. My age has nothing to do with my beliefs and this isn't about being "cool." I'll feel this way at 45, 65 and until the day I die, because I just don't see your lot putting forth a remotely convincing argument. I've heard all of this before and if you had a valid point to make you wouldn't be talking about my age or incest.
Born and bred a cheesehead
dfosterf
9 years ago
Don't assign my beliefs, Dakota. I don't give a damn where another man sticks his pecker or gets another pecker stuck in him, as long as it doesn't involve me.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

That was your first statement on the matter. It does not suggest you feel there is an acceptable way to come out if he were gay.

You asked about silencing, and it is the more vehement and direct iterations of the above statement. It's the proclamations that gays aren't welcome in sport due to some effeminate stereotype or another. It's the statements that a gay teammate wouldn't be welcome; the claims that they should keep it to themselves, that they have to hide who they are (often with the regurgitated line that what they do in the bedroom is their business). It's the cases of ostracization by families and friends. There is still significant social, cultural, religious and/or familial pressure to keep quiet and hide. Don't ask, don't tell. To deny this is at best naive and at worst dishonest.

And never mind the more serious issues such as the fact that 33 states still ban gay marriage. But please, go on with this image that it's a grand ol' time to be a gay.

And for a star (athlete or otherwise), what effectively is the difference between saying "I'm gay" in front of a camera and sharing a kiss with your gay partner in front of said camera (the way so many heterosexual stars do all the bloody time)? They both tell you the exact same thing about the person's sexuality to the exact same number of people. There would be a media firestorm either way, until they get bored and move on to their next "breaking story."

I'm 25. I've felt this way since I was maybe 12 and I first understood what homosexuality really is. My age has nothing to do with my beliefs and this isn't about being "cool." I'll feel this way at 45, 65 and until the day I die, because I just don't see your lot putting forth a remotely convincing argument. I've heard all of this before and if you had a valid point to make you wouldn't be talking about my age or incest.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

You're 25...that makes good sense, then.

You're absolutely right... I do no wish for Rodgers to come out while he's playing for the Packers as I feel that will have a very negative impact on the Packers as it relates to winning which is what I hope them to do when I watch them.

IF he was to come out, the natural course of things is preferable, to me, than some self serving press conference.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.