steveishere
9 years ago

Zero.. Did Johnathan Franklin die?

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Depending on the severity of his neck injury his football career may have died.
RaiderPride
9 years ago

Depending on the severity of his neck injury his football career may have died.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

He should be fine.. like him to contribute this year.

From Rotoworld:

"Franklin went down in Week 12, but avoided surgery. Coach Mike McCarthy was evasive on Franklin's status Tuesday, which is curious, but not altogether worrisome. As of now, there's no reason to believe Franklin won't be ready for camp. Franklin is a firm third on the depth chart after the Packers re-signed James Starks."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8459/johnathan-franklin 
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
I was going to pick this apart, but apart from thinking FInley won't be back and the fourth TE will be someone as yet unidentified, and prefering Francois to Jones, I can't really disagree with anything.

This is after all, what Ted has to work with right now.

Annoyingly.

You jokers never stay on my topics, so screw you!!! I'm doing a depth chart :P

Quarterback
[list=1]

• Aaron Rodgers
  • Matt Flynn[/list]

• Running Back
    [list=1]
  • Eddie Lacy
  • James Starks
  • DuJuan Harris
  • John Kuhn[/list]

• Wide Receiver
    [list=1]
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Randall Cobb
  • Jarrett Boykin
  • Davante Adams
  • Jared Abbrederis
  • Jeff Janis[/list]

• Tight End
    [list=1]
  • Jermichael Finley
  • Andrew Quarless
  • Richard Rodgers
  • Colt Lyerla[/list]

• Tackle
    [list=1]
  • Bryan Bulaga
  • David Bakhtiari
  • Aaron Adams
  • Derek Sherrod[/list]

• Guard
    [list=1]
  • Josh Sitton
  • T.J. Lang
  • Andrew Tiller
  • Lane Taylor[/list]

• Center
    [list=1]
  • J.C. Tretter
  • Corey Linsley[/list]

• Defensive Line
    [list=1]
  • Mike Daniels
  • B.J. Raji
  • Datone Jones
  • Johnny Jolly
  • Jerel Worthy
  • Mike Neal
  • Josh Boyd
  • Khyri Thorton[/list]

• Linebackers
    [list=1]
  • Clay Matthews III
  • Julius Peppers
  • Nick Perry
  • A.J. Hawk
  • Brad Jones
  • Adrian Hubbard
  • Andy Mulumba
  • Jamari Lattimore[/list]

• Cornerbacks
    [list=1]
  • Sam Shields
  • Tramon Williams
  • Casey Hayward
  • Demetri Goodson
  • Jarrett Bush[/list]

• Safeties
    [list=1]
  • Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix
  • Morgan Burnett
  • Micah Hyde
  • Sean Richardson[/list]

• Kicker
    [list=1]
  • Mason Crosby[/list]

• Punter
    [list=1]
  • Tim Masthay[/list]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

• And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
    gbguy20
    9 years ago
    wheres my man davon house
    steveishere
    9 years ago
    I don't think that Peppers or Daniels will necessarily be "starters" according to the base defense chart though they will get plenty of snaps along with Neal.
    buckeyepackfan
    9 years ago
    [mfing]

Qb-2 Rodgers, Flynn

Rb-3 Lacy, Starks, Franklin

Fb-1 Kuhn

Wr-5 Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, Abbrederis

Te-5 Quarless, Taylor, Bostic, Stoneburner, Lyerla

Ot-3 Bahktari, Bulaga, Sherrod

Og-3 Lang, Sitton

T/G/C-1 Barclay

C-2 Linsley, Tretter,……………………………………………………………….……24

ST-3 Crosby, Goode, Masthay……………………………………………………...03

Cb-5 Williams, Shields, Hayward, Hyde, Bush

S-3 Burnette, Richardson, Clinton-Dix

Olb-4 Mathews, Perry, Bradford, Hubbard

Ilb-4 Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington

De/Lb-2 Neal, Peppers

De-4 Jones, Boyd, Worthy, Thornton

Dt-3 Raji, Daniels, Guion......... ……………………………………………………26

PS-8 Rettig QB, Neal RB, Janis WR, Rodgers TE,
    Adams OT, Lane OG, Goodson CB, Doughty OLB........................08

Some tough cuts coming, and of course, that I word will come into effect to a degree that will create changes.

Harris(rb), Tolzien(qb) and Rodgers(TE) are 3 skill player That I hate to see not make the roster and would not be surprised if they take someones spot.

Adams, Tiller and Lane are 3 O-lineman who will have a shot if Sherrod doesn't work out.

House, Banjo, Mulumba, and Palmer all will be fighting for a spot, and I would have no problem if they made the final 53.

I still think Raji and Guion better take this Training Camp very serious or they may find themselves looking for a job in the end.
    I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
    steveishere
    9 years ago
    Rodgers is not making it to the PS if he gets cut though I have no idea on earth what you've seen from Stoneburner to want to keep him over Rodgers. All Stoneburner ever did with his limited playing time last year was screw up.
    buckeyepackfan
    9 years ago

Rodgers is not making it to the PS if he gets cut though I have no idea on earth what you've seen from Stoneburner to want to keep him over Rodgers. All Stoneburner ever did with his limited playing time last year was screw up.

Maybe you read over this.

"Harris(rb), Tolzien(qb) and Rodgers(TE) are 3 skill players That I hate to see not make the roster and would not be surprised if they take someones spot."

I don't see anything in anyone at this point in the season, good or bad, let's let them play a little ball 1st.

Rodgers, right now is a project that Ted took in the 3rd round, he may turn out to be great, but at this point it is a real uknown.

Stoneburner was PS player that got promoted due to injuries, nobody knows what he will be like this year.

steveishere
    9 years ago
    You can't say we don't know anything about them we do know things. We know Ted (the guy who decides who makes the team) thinks Rodgers was good enough to use a precious 3rd round pick on him. We also know Stoneburner didn't initially make the team last year and couldn't get any snaps on offense even after 2 TEs went down and has never done anything to show he should be expected to make the roster over a rookie 3rd rounder.

I saw you put your little qualifier in there but there still has to be some reason you put Stoneburner, Taylor and Bostick over Rodgers so what is it? Did you just use a dartboard to make the picks? You can't just say you don't see anything in anyone at this point and then say you think Jake Stoneburner is going to make the team over Rich Rod, that doesn't make sense. You've obviously seen something in someone to come to that decision.
    buckeyepackfan
    9 years ago

You can't say we don't know anything about them we do know things. We know Ted (the guy who decides who makes the team) thinks Rodgers was good enough to use a precious 3rd round pick on him. We also know Stoneburner didn't initially make the team last year and couldn't get any snaps on offense even after 2 TEs went down and has never done anything to show he should be expected to make the roster over a rookie 3rd rounder.

I saw you put your little qualifier in there but there still has to be some reason you put Stoneburner, Taylor and Bostick over Rodgers so what is it? Did you just use a dartboard to make the picks? You can't just say you don't see anything in anyone at this point and then say you think Jake Stoneburner is going to make the team over Rich Rod, that doesn't make sense. You've obviously seen something in someone to come to that decision.

Because they were on the roster last year.

At this point I'm going to give guys, even with 1 year experience, the nod over any rookie.

Especially if Ted and Mike continue their trend of keeping at least 5 TE's on the team.

You know what, I'm deleting the post, this dumbass arguing just isn't worth my time.

You all carry on.
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.