Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
I'm sure someone already started this thread, but I must be using the wrong search queries. I can't find it.

So, since most everyone (save me and uffda, apparently) is in the usual post-draft glow of optimism, let me start with my own pessimistic prediction:

Seahawks. Lose 0-1.
Jets. Win. 1-1.
Lions. Packerdom shocked. Loss. 1-2.
Bears. Packerdom shocked again, as GB opens 0-3 on the road. Loss. 1-3.
Vikings. Poor purple. Angry Packers blow them away. Win 2-3.
Dolphins. Finally a road win. 3-3.
Panthers. Three in a row. Win. 4-3.
Saints. Crap. More road woes. Shootout, but New Orleans has ball last. Loss. 4-4.
Bye. Still 4-4.
Bears. Revenge, part I. 5-4.
Eagles. Well, that was fun. Another two game win streak. 6-4.
Vikings. Avoid the ignominy of home and home across the division. Barely. Win. 7-4.
Patriots. Rodgers outplays Brady just as he outplayed Brees earlier. Unfortunately, the defense played as badly as they did against New Orleans, too. Loss 7-5
Falcons. Rodgers has a bad game, for him, throwing just one TD and 2 INTs. Loss. 7-6
Bills. Another road win as Crosby hits winning FG despite lake effect semi-blizzard. Win 8-6
Buccaneers. Another road loss, bringing year's road record to 3-5 and the overall record to 8-7.
Lions. Win the final wild card seed in the most unlikely of ways, a tie. Final record 8-7-1, despite fewer games lost to injury than any year in the Thompson/McCarthy era.

Wildcard game: Whoever it is, its on the road. This year that means loss.

It of course all was because of the bad calls by the officials.

Edited by Zero (sorry Wade, just trying to be consistent and didn't wanna create new thread 🙂 )

2014 Opponents

Home (5 - 2 - 1)
  1. W - New York Jets
  2. W - Minnesota Vikings
  3. W - Carolina Panthers
  4. W - Chicago Bears
  5. W - Philadelphia Eagles
  6. L - New England Patriots
  7. L - Atlanta Falcons
  8. T - Detroit Lions

Away (3 - 5)
  1. L - Seattle Seahawks
  2. L - Detroit Lions
  3. L - Chicago Bears
  4. W - Miami Dolphins
  5. L - New Orleans Saints
  6. W - Minnesota Vikings
  7. W - Buffalo Bills
  8. L - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
steveishere
9 years ago
15-1, lose to the Bills because that's the only thing that makes sense.
OlHoss1884
9 years ago
I see 4-2 in the division, splitting with the Lions and Bears.
2-0 in 1st place games. I think the improved defense opening the year with Seattle without half of them on IR and the new running game will be a big surprise to the Seahawks and the Eagles will have been figured out by now.

Against the NFC South I think we lose to the Saints on the road and beat everyone else.

Against the AFC East I think we slip up once...maybe to Miami or New England but not both.

I see 12-4 and a bye. Barring injury issues (always a big question) I see going to the Super Bowl this year and taking on Denver.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
2014 Opponents

Home (5 - 3)
  1. W - New York Jets
  2. W - Minnesota Vikings
  3. L - Carolina Panthers
  4. W - Chicago Bears
  5. L - Philadelphia Eagles
  6. L - New England Patriots
  7. W - Atlanta Falcons
  8. W - Detroit Lions

Away (5 - 3)
  1. L - Seattle Seahawks
  2. W - Detroit Lions
  3. W - Chicago Bears
  4. W - Miami Dolphins
  5. L - New Orleans Saints
  6. W - Minnesota Vikings
  7. W - Buffalo Bills
  8. L - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Can I argue about the one's I've seen? 🙂

I don't know what it is, but I just bristle every time I see someone predict a loss vs. Carolina. I'm not a gambler but I feel like I should bet everything I own on that game as for some reason I feel like it's impossible they lose to them.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I don't know what it is, but I just bristle every time I see someone predict a loss vs. Carolina. I'm not a gambler but I feel like I should bet everything I own on that game as for some reason I feel like it's impossible they lose to them.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You can bust other peoples balls on their prediction when YOU have the balls to publicize your own prediction! MAN UP!!! [grin1]
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago
I'll say it again, 19-0, and we win another Lombardi Trophy.

Is that crazy? I guess anyone could say that, but this is a simple prediction thread in a forum, and who cares, or is to really know better with certainty?

We are due to come up on the right side of the injury ledger for a change. That consideration, which is paramount IMO, coupled with some sweeping changes on D in both approach and personnel upgrades, along with what I see as being one of the most potent offenses in the NFL makes me think it is indeed possible.

This is one of the most talented teams we have ever put onto the field in GB since 1996-1997, as I see it now.

Is 19-0 probable? Oh, hell no. Not when every single divisional game is a toss up, we start the season in SEA against the defending champs, and we see very tough matches against PHI, NE, NO and ATL. There are also the trap games against lesser foes that can bite us in the ass.

But, for now, just for the hell of it, I'll stick with an undefeated season. Nothing to really lose.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I'll say it again, 19-0, and we win another Lombardi Trophy.

Is that crazy? I guess anyone could say that, but this is a simple prediction thread in a forum, and who cares, or is to really know better with certainty?

We are due to come up on the right side of the injury ledger for a change. That consideration, which is paramount IMO, coupled with some sweeping changes on D in both approach and personnel upgrades, along with what I see as being one of the most potent offenses in the NFL makes me think it is indeed possible.

This is one of the most talented teams we have ever put onto the field in GB since 1996-1997, as I see it now.

Is 19-0 probable? Oh, hell no. Not when every single divisional game is a toss up, we start the season in SEA against the defending champs, and we see very tough matches against PHI, NE, NO and ATL. There are also the trap games against lesser foes that can bite us in the ass.

But, for now, just for the hell of it, I'll stick with an undefeated season. Nothing to really lose.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Yeah, what he said.

Undoubtedly the Packers will slip up and lose a game or two even if they stay healthy, but I honestly would not/could not predict against them in ANY individual game, and that includes at Seattle in Week One.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Ok, Zero with gun to my head...

Packers go 8-0 at home.

Packers go 4-4 on road with losses to: Detroit, Tampa, Miami, New Orleans

(Could see us beating Detroit and losing to Seattle leaving us still at 4-4 on road)

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

9 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Remember that Jets game a few years ago that was a huge defensive battle and it ended like 9-0 in favor of the Packers? That's how I see the Carolina game playing out for some reason.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (15h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (15h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (16h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.