NormaL
  • NormaL
  • Registered Topic Starter
15 years ago
I would be over the moon with a wild card spot! I really think we're good enough for a deep playoff run, just not setting myself up for any kind of disappointment.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
evad04
15 years ago
My theory on Culpepper: playmakers and good offensive lines make him a top 10 QB in the league. I know, I sound like an idiot -- but before I beat myself up too much, look at the production. He had one of the best seasons ever by a quarterback in 2004. Before you point out he had Randy Moss, I'm aware. But Moss only played in 13 of the games that year, and only accounted for 767 of Pep's 4700+ yards. That year, Daunte completed 69% of his passes, through for 4,700 yards, threw 39 TDs to only 11 interceptions. If not for Peyton Manning throwing 49 that year, Daunte was the league MVP.

The problems since then are obvious: bad teams and a horrific injury. So, I'm not the best judge on Daunte RIGHT NOW. But I know that he was a heckuva quarterback -- he just NEEDS the supporting cast to do it. I'd feel comfortable with him as our backup. Certainly more comfortable than Brohm and Flynn -- both of whom I like. It's just -- can we really win if A-Rod goes down and a rookie comes in to do the job?
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
NormaL
  • NormaL
  • Registered Topic Starter
15 years ago

My theory on Culpepper: playmakers and good offensive lines make him a top 10 QB in the league. I know, I sound like an idiot -- but before I beat myself up too much, look at the production. He had one of the best seasons ever by a quarterback in 2004. Before you point out he had Randy Moss, I'm aware. But Moss only played in 13 of the games that year, and only accounted for 767 of Pep's 4700+ yards. That year, Daunte completed 69% of his passes, through for 4,700 yards, threw 39 TDs to only 11 interceptions. If not for Peyton Manning throwing 49 that year, Daunte was the league MVP.

The problems since then are obvious: bad teams and a horrific injury. So, I'm not the best judge on Daunte RIGHT NOW. But I know that he was a heckuva quarterback -- he just NEEDS the supporting cast to do it. I'd feel comfortable with him as our backup. Certainly more comfortable than Brohm and Flynn -- both of whom I like. It's just -- can we really win if A-Rod goes down and a rookie comes in to do the job?

"evad04" wrote:

Not to mention all the I told you so's due to having rookie back ups. I still don't buy that Culpepper isn't a throw it up and hope your WR makes a play type of quarterback (Moss being the best), but with our WR's we can do at least that and win. I've really got to get my precognition working again.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Pack93z
15 years ago
My biggest problem with Cpep isn't what he does on the field.. it is the attitude he may bring in the locker room and on the sidelines.. I think he would push for playing time at every turn to the point of distraction.. again, that is my distant opinion of him.

Me first type player.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
NodakPaul
15 years ago

My biggest problem with Cpep isn't what he does on the field.. it is the attitude he may bring in the locker room and on the sidelines.. I think he would push for playing time at every turn to the point of distraction.. again, that is my distant opinion of him.

Me first type player.

"pack93z" wrote:

Exactly. When he was with the Vikings Tice constantly fed his ego. Culpepper was a big part in the decision to trade Moss too (that worked out well). If he was in the GB locker room, he would be looking for every opportunity to unseat Rodgers. Every tie Rodgers struggles (which he naturally will early on in the season) Culpepper will be there chomping at the bit.

God I hope he goes to Green Bay. 😉
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
zombieslayer
15 years ago

zombieslayer you're saying with a first year starter it's superbowl or bust?
i have all the confidence in the world but come on you can't say bust, its way to easy to lose a playoff game just look at last year!

"shanks2122" wrote:

We should play with that attitude.

Now, as a fan, I'd be happy to win the division, skip the first round of the playoffs, win the divisional round, and lose the championship game. But I bet that Mike McCarthy has his players aiming for the SB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
PackOne
15 years ago
I would welcome the guy with open arms. I'm as pro Pack as it gets, but we need a veteran backup, period.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

Me first type player.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Exactly. When he was with the Vikings Tice constantly fed his ego. Culpepper was a big part in the decision to trade Moss too (that worked out well). If he was in the GB locker room, he would be looking for every opportunity to unseat Rodgers. Every tie Rodgers struggles (which he naturally will early on in the season) Culpepper will be there chomping at the bit.

God I hope he goes to Green Bay. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

I think we have enough veteran leadership to keep Culpepper in check. The team is around Rodgers and I think onald Driver and others would make sure Culpepper doesn't cross the line and try to steal Rodgers' job
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago
I liked the Culpepper idea better in April than I do now. I bet right now he is wishing he had accepted Thompson's offer back then, but at this point, I just don't think the Packers would gain enough by signing a veteran backup. The rookies have been through all of the off-season stuff, and they will be improving each week.
blank
Packedhouse01
15 years ago
One of our backup quarterbacks will be hurt this week and will have to be placed on IR. (wink) The Pack has tons of cap money and that means they'll sign a veteran QB. They're not going to give up on either Brohm or Flynn. It's not going to happen, but I think they clearly know that they need to sign a back up. I'll be surprised if one of our QB's doesn't get put on IR.
Packedhouse
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.