MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago
CAN'T WAIT!!!

GREEN BAY — Calling his relationship with the organization "much better," Brett Favre believes his reconciliation with the Green Bay Packers truly is a matter of when, not if.

In an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio Thursday afternoon, Favre confirmed that he and the Packers attempted to have him return to Lambeau Field for a game in "the latter part of the year" last season, but the timing didn't work — just as team president Mark Murphy told reporters in April.

Both Murphy then and Favre on Thursday said Favre couldn't make a game work last season because of scheduling conflicts as the offensive coordinator for the local high-school football team, Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss. The team won the 6A state championship last season, although Favre reportedly isn't coming back for another year on the sidelines.

That could make it easier for the two sides to find a game to bring Favre back to the place that was his football home for 16 seasons, until his acrimonious departure during the summer of 2008.

"We have had communication. Not that it's really anybody else's business, with all due respect," Favre said in an interview with Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Green Bay, and it's not about me. It's not necessarily about them. It's about the fans and respect. When the time is right [it will happen]. They're going to have things to do. They have a season to play. They have to get ready, and I don't want to be a distraction for them."

Favre, who spent one season with the New York Jets and two with the Minnesota Vikings after his final pass as a Packer was intercepted in overtime of the 2007 NFC Championship Game, said he hasn't been back in the Green Bay area since his last appearance at Lambeau as a member of the Vikings in 2010, his final season.

"Time heals a lot of things, and I think in this case, you're playing for the rival team, things are going to change," Favre said. "There's no better history than there is in Green Bay — the tradition, and people love their team there, and they usually hate the other team. So when you join their opponent, that's going to happen.

"Again, time heals a lot of things. In fact, I had planned on going up to a game the latter part of the season last year, but my high school team played into December and it just was a conflict. But the relationship is much better.

"It's going to happen, I'll be back up there. Again, my career in Green Bay, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It was awesome. The people were awesome, and I just think everything's going to be fine and in my opinion it is now. It's just a matter of getting back up there."

During the interview, Favre said he has spoken with both Murphy and general manager Ted Thompson, whom he'd criticized publicly on FOX News and clashed repeatedly with before being traded to the Jets.

Other than a handful of radio interviews and an occasional TV appearance on NFL Network, Favre has largely stayed out of the spotlight since his retirement, and he said Thursday that's been intentional.

"I'm really content with where I am. I don't feel the need to do anything, really," Favre said. "Our youngest daughter (Breleigh) is playing volleyball and we travel around for tournaments on Saturdays. We're traveling for that and my wife (Deanna) is in Seattle at the moment. [She] is climbing Mount Rainier with seven other teams. I'm just kind of hanging out and waiting for her to get off the mountain. Like I said, I'm very content with where I'm at and what I'm doing.

Asked if he's looking forward to his virtually guaranteed induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016, Favre replied, "Yes and no. Again, like I said earlier, I say that with all due respect, we kind of like the anonymity that retirement has brought, and that's going to be, rightfully so, a positive thing. But it's also going to be a public thing. [Breleigh] really hates the limelight and is very shy so we try to keep that atmosphere around here. So that won't be an atmosphere that she's comfortable in. But it is such an honor, so from that respect, yes, I am looking forward to it."

As for his relationship with his replacement, current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Favre claimed that the two had a good relationship. Rodgers has admitted in the past that their first year together, 2005, was a rocky one, but the relationship did improve thereafter — at least until Favre's unretirement in 2008.

"I'm no idiot; I know that there's always someone who's going to replace you," Favre said. "The fact he was drafted in the first round, it was time for him to give it a shot. When I did retire, he became that guy. I understand that. I have no ill feelings or animosity towards Aaron. In fact, I thought we got along well. We watched tons of film together to help him along the way.

"But obviously we all know how good of a player Aaron is and I'll be the first to say it — the guy is tremendous player. He should have a long, long career barring injury. I can't speak for Aaron. Do we talk all the time? No, we don't, but do I talk to most guys I played with? No, I don't. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, and I'm not surprised how well he's played."

Jason Wilde  wrote:

nerdmann
9 years ago
Fuck Brett Favre.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago

Fuck Brett Favre.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

For another 5 years anyway. I'm in no rush.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
They'll reconcile like Motley Crue riding separate tour buses. On with the show...
nerdmann
9 years ago

They'll reconcile like Motley Crue riding separate tour buses. On with the show...

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Favre can come back when Ted and Aaron are done. Mike too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Favre can come back when Ted and Aaron are done. Mike too.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Posthumously.

Like Curly.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
DoddPower
9 years ago
Bring him back. All parties involved should be over this situation by now, or at least very close to it. Just like a rough break up with a partner, one can't dwell on it forever. Eventually, all the good things about Favre outweigh a nasty break up. Things happen that aren't necessarily intended during a rough period. I can understand that. It would be good for both Favre and the Packers to mend the fences. Brett Favre and modern Packers history are one and the same.
dfosterf
9 years ago
I don't give a damn what the organization, the fan base, and Lord Favre decide to do as to a reconciliation.

He quit. He threatened to quit prior to quitting.

The Pack moved on once he quit. I don't know why that is so hard to grasp.

Then he un-quit.

In the National Football League, aka "not for long"

Favre owed us nothing, and we owed him nothing. He OPTED for the Vikings, for PERSONAL CHILDISH reasons, imo.

He can come back and be the great hero, or never come back at all, I don't give a damn. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan, not a Brett Favre fan, and that has always been true.
OlHoss1884
9 years ago
I don't think anyone holds a grudge against Jim Taylor for being a prima donna and finishing his career with the saints. I think they've already kind of buried the hatchet, but I think it has more to do with the divided fan base moving on than it does whether Rodgers and Thompason etc. are gone.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
DakotaT
9 years ago

Favre owed us nothing, and we owed him nothing. He OPTED for the Vikings, for PERSONAL CHILDISH reasons, imo.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

And that is something that taints his Packers legacy, and always will. Never could stand the "Big Man on Campus" and never will.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.