Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:49:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

We're all loaded up on our new layout. The FORUM portion is the only thing that is not yet mobile friendly. Everything else should be a bit more friendly to your mobile devices. Also, the site looks a lot cleaner and could be a bit faster for you.

Front Page
The 5 latest Packers headlines
The 10 most applauded users in the last 7 days
The 10 users with the most posts in the last 7 days
The 10 users who handed out most applause in the last 7 days
The latest "Blog" entry

PLEASE feel free to post your complaints, your raves, and suggestions as always.

Reported Issues
  1. going to / then /forum all topics 'read'
  2. Packers Schedule needs to be gooder 2014-08-01

Message modified by user Friday, August 1, 2014 10:46:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:22:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

I have been commenting on Shoutbox. This is fast. I am stumbling along while I lear the new layout. I will get it eventually.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 6:41:10 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 399
Applause Received: 1,078

Like it.. a couple of notes post cutover:

1. Stats on the front page appear still to be pointing towards the Beta site.
2. Are we missing sync'd posts.. I know at least one from the BackAlley is missing?
3. Great job... seems pretty snappy and clean.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 6:45:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Like it.. a couple of notes post cutover:

1. Stats on the front page appear still to be pointing towards the Beta site.
2. Are we missing sync'd posts.. I know at least one from the BackAlley is missing?
3. Great job... seems pretty snappy and clean.

1. What do you mean? I applauded your post, went to the front page and it now shows 8 applause.
2. No posts were lost, in fact this is the same PH database. I shut the site down for a couple hours to make backups and do the upgrade.
3. thank ya! :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:09:21 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

I like the new layout. My favorites link goes right to the forum page so I skip the home page so the news stories and the top posters etc are missed but no big deal.

In the last life the tweets section cut into my message viewing window and thats gone now but I am not a big fan of the tweets being at the top of every page since I have to scroll down to get past them (I don't read them.) realize I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't read tweets so its no big deal at all.

Lastly, and this may be fixable on my end, and I will testthe fact right now, spelling errors are no longer highlighted when I type. I am not a great typist and my keyboard malfunctions whenever I type a word that ends with a T and the next word starts with a T the space function doesn't work leaving the words stuck together. Again, not a deal breaker, if this can't be fixed Its not going to make me leave (sorry, you can't get rid of me that easily) but it may make my posts even harder to read.

That's it, Overall I like it. Looks cleaner and more like other forum sites. Not thatthe other one was bad or that being like all the other is good but I like it.

Somehow though, after the last look, I can't help but think it needs a little more green.

EDIT- I thought maybe it would go through a spell checker once I hit post but apparently not. Is there a way I can turn on a spellchecker? Just curious. I don;t think I will be the only one with more misspellings in my posts now.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:15:51 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I like the new layout. My favorites link goes right to the forum page so I skip the home page so the news stories and the top posters etc are missed but no big deal.

In the last life the tweets section cut into my message viewing window and thats gone now but I am not a big fan of the tweets being at the top of every page since I have to scroll down to get past them (I don't read them.) realize I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't read tweets so its no big deal at all.

Lastly, and this may be fixable on my end, and I will testthe fact right now, spelling errors are no longer highlighted when I type. I am not a great typist and my keyboard malfunctions whenever I type a word that ends with a T and the next word starts with a T the space function doesn't work leaving the words stuck together. Again, not a deal breaker, if this can't be fixed Its not going to make me leave (sorry, you can't get rid of me that easily) but it may make my posts even harder to read.

That's it, Overall I like it. Looks cleaner and more like other forum sites. Not thatthe other one was bad or that being like all the other is good but I like it.

Somehow though, after the last look, I can't help but think it needs a little more green.

I don't do twitter either. I was going to say something but thought maybe that is a way to get more of the younger people involved on this site. Lure them in so to speak.

I was going to point out the spell check but now there is no need to do so. I am sure we could have a contest for the more medioucure typists. I would give you a run for your money. (I did notice that I could spell check in the shout box last night when I requested it. (Right mouse click) But it doesn't work here.

The other item I just notuiced is the link that should direct us to the newest post in a thread only takes us to the top of the page in that thread.

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:57:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

sschind- you use that 1024x768 resolution and I had you in mind with this layout lol ... With that resolution, you shouldn't see the Tweeter on top anymore.

I'll add Spell Check to things to fix as well as Newest Post issue.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:02:17 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
1. What do you mean? I applauded your post, went to the front page and it now shows 8 applause.

The stats here seem very low.. unless the rest button was employed. :)

Pack93z attached the following image(s):
PHstats.JPG (38kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:03:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The stats here seem very low.. unless the rest button was employed. :)

lol it's just a total of the last 7 days ... what you expect? :P

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:18:49 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

lol it's just a total of the last 7 days ... what you expect? :P

Perfection...lol.. and pronto. ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:22:06 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

On the headlines.. there is no link to the current article.. link to the author not the article. You can however hit the discuss then from the post leap to the article.

***Tried it again.. the author link this time took to the article.. maybe the tightend one was a bad link?

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:22:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Perfection...lol.. and pronto. ;)

Ha! Well, sorry to bust ya bubble but your ass is stuck with ... me! muwahahahaha

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 12:37:27 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

sschind- you use that 1024x768 resolution and I had you in mind with this layout lol ... With that resolution, you shouldn't see the Tweeter on top anymore.

I'll add Spell Check to things to fix as well as Newest Post issue.

I like this a lot. You didn't change it for everyone just because of me did you? Some people may like the tweets. If you just fixed mine (if that is possible) then thank you so much.

I know we talked about the resolution a bit before but I'm so ignorant when it comes to such things and I didn't want to keep harping on the issue so I just let it go rather than pester you more.

All I can see that is needed is the spell check and I think its a great renovation.

Well done.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 1:22:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I like this a lot. You didn't change it for everyone just because of me did you? Some people may like the tweets. If you just fixed mine (if that is possible) then thank you so much.

I know we talked about the resolution a bit before but I'm so ignorant when it comes to such things and I didn't want to keep harping on the issue so I just let it go rather than pester you more.

All I can see that is needed is the spell check and I think its a great renovation.

Well done.

You my friend need to upgrade from Windows XP to 7 or even 8 lol.

You can increase your screen resolution if you'd like.

Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.

In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.

Move the Screen resolution slider to the left to decrease the resolution of your monitor, making text and pictures appear larger. Or move the Screen resolution slider to the right to increase your monitor’s resolution, making text and pictures appear smaller.

Click Apply to have the new resolution take effect.

If the Monitor Settings dialog box appears, look at your display. If you like the new resolution, click Yes. If you do not like the resolution, click No, and return to step 3 to try a different resolution.

Click OK.

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 8:22:49 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

You my friend need to upgrade from Windows XP to 7 or even 8 lol.

You can increase your screen resolution if you'd like.

Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.

In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.

Move the Screen resolution slider to the left to decrease the resolution of your monitor, making text and pictures appear larger. Or move the Screen resolution slider to the right to increase your monitor’s resolution, making text and pictures appear smaller.

Click Apply to have the new resolution take effect.

If the Monitor Settings dialog box appears, look at your display. If you like the new resolution, click Yes. If you do not like the resolution, click No, and return to step 3 to try a different resolution.

Click OK.

They have an 8 now?

thanks for the tips I'll check it out.

Good work on the site though and thanks for the hard work.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 6/28/2014(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:50:05 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

I kind of like the white for the thread box etc ... but having the background be white also just makes the thread box hard to read - perhaps something off; like grey or faded green or something.

- keep up the good work Kevin! -
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 5:50:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
I kind of like the white for the thread box etc ... but having the background be white also just makes the thread box hard to read - perhaps something off; like grey or faded green or something.

- keep up the good work Kevin! -

What do you mean by thread box? And thank you, will try lol

Message modified by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:56:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:55:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

A few more tweaks. The Text Editor where we type to submit a post has a darker gray background.
Removed unncessary columns for the grid. Gotta make a better button though, that large ass green one is wicked weird.

The Spell Check is not coming back anytime soon. The developer is looking into it. Unfortunately, its not something I can do.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:34:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Add Most Applause Given in last seven days to the front page.
Added Trophies to all users now that the feature has been fixed.

UserPostedImage
wpr on 7/2/2014(UTC)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:38:50 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 484

Hey Zero, I've noticed twice now the headlines top three stories being the same. Both times occurred from articles from profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 7/3/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 4:59:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Hey Zero, I've noticed twice now the headlines top three stories being the same. Both times occurred from articles from profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

The service that grabs the headlines, grabs the latest one and enters it into the database. PFT for some reason resubmits their RSS information several times when they edit it. So basically if they submit their entry and edit it, our RSS service thinks it's a NEW headline and enters it into the database. I haven't found a way around it yet. I just delete them buggers when I see'em.

Additionally, made a few tweaks to the color palette over the weekend. The green background was just too childish looking and I couldn't get past it. If you hit CTRL+F5 or Right Click and click choose "Reload" or "Refresh" you'll see the new palette. It still needs some tweaking. e.g. link colors are goofy.

UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 3:30:57 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Bananna! or custard!

:)

how about trying to make the background (where the packershome footballs are at) a little bit darker.

Offline Dulak  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:27:16 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Like the grey a bit more then the yellow - getting close ... I can feel it :)
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:54:28 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 484

Yo Zero, when I just used a smiley in a post, it turned all the remaining text blue and the numbers I typed green. Itn's not supposed to do that is it?

PS Bring back the yellow.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:04:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Yo Zero, when I just used a smiley in a post, it turned all the remaining text blue and the numbers I typed green. Itn's not supposed to do that is it?

PS Bring back the yellow.

Applause Weeeee!!

When you add a smiley to your post from the "Add Smiley" panel on the left, the text itself is highlighted. This is done to prevent someone from clicking over and over adding many smileys really easily.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed