MintBaconDrivel
9 years ago
Unfortunately many within Packer Nation are too naive to understand your value to the offense, Jermichael.

The wait for tight end Jermichael Finley's return to football after last year's neck injury and surgery has lasted throughout the offseason and there haven't been many signs that the end is in sight. When it does end, though, Finley hopes that there's a Packers uniform waiting for him. Finley told Jason Wilde of ESPN...

Josh Alper wrote:

GREEN BAY — While the waiting remains frustrating, Jermichael Finley remains hopeful that he will continue his NFL career — and he wants to do it with the only team he's known as a pro: The Green Bay Packers.

Speaking in a brief phone interview between workouts Wednesday, the free-agent tight end said that he is feeling good and that he still fully intends to resume his football career, hoping it's with the Packers.

Finley received medical clearance from his surgeon, Dr. Joseph Maroon, in late May, but despite visits to the New England Patriots and New York Giants, and a check-in with the Packers' medical staff, he remains unsigned.

As he worked out Wednesday, though, Finley was in good spirits. He didn't sound discouraged by the waiting game and said he continues to be in great shape physically.

"This is the best I've felt in this entire crazy process," he said.

While Finley didn't discuss other potential suitors and didn't say whether the Packers have reached out to him recently, he made it clear that coming back to Green Bay is his preference.

"Tell everybody I'm working as hard as I can to get back to Packer Nation," he said.

The enduring question with Finley remains whether an NFL team doctor will clear him, paving the way for him to sign with that team. Finley's agent, Blake Baratz,told NBC Sports'Pro Football Talk Live in late May that his client also must seriously consider the $10 million in tax-free money he would receive from a disability policy should he never play football again. Finley had the policy in place before undergoing C3/C4 spinal fusion on Finley in January after suffering a bruised spinal cord on Oct. 20 against Cleveland.

"Opinions can be subjective. Dr. Maroon's opinion may not be the opinion of 31 other team doctors," Baratz told host Mike Florioin a telephone interview, during which he broke the news of Maroon clearing Finley. "Now, a lot of the teams that are interested in Jermichael are getting copies of the films, he's going to start taking visits [on Friday], and the process will start moving along.

"He may not be 100 percent there yet, but he's very close. He's working out, he's in phenomenal shape, he can do everything right now. The question is just whether everyone would sign off on him taking a hit right now, which obviously he wouldn't need to do anyway."

Asked by Florio if Maroon had given Finley full clearance to play football again, Baratz replied, "That is correct. ... The final question is whether those other doctors, whether they're NFL team doctors or independent doctors, would also green-light him to take a hit."

Later in the interview, when asked about the $10 million policy that Finley has in the event that he doesn't play football again, Baratz again acknowledged that other doctors might not clear Finley, even though Maroon did.

"I think in his case, it will be fairly easy because there's going to be a lot of experts and doctors that would not clear him today," Baratz said. "Now, three weeks from now, or six weeks from now, or nine weeks from now, and he plays in X number of games, it's a different story. But if he shuts it down right now, he's got a very sound argument to collect on the disability plan."

Tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot said last month that he and Finley had exchanged some text messages throughout the offseason and has not given up hope that he'll be coaching Finley again.

"I'm absolutely hoping for the best. Nothing would please me more than to be able to welcome Jermicahel Finley as a member of the Green Bay Packers again," Fontenot said. "[But] that's a decision that unfortunately isn't going to be made by any coaching staffs. It's going to be a medical decision, ultimately. So whatever they say, we move with. Sure, I'd love to see him back, but not at the expense of him possibly further injuring himself.

"Again, it's up to our medical staff. Those are the guys that we trust and we listen to."

Jason Wilde wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
And here is another difference between Nick Collins and Jermichael Finley.

--- Asked by Florio if Maroon had given Finley full clearance to play football again, Baratz replied, “That is correct. … The final question is whether those other doctors, whether they’re NFL team doctors or independent doctors, would also green-light him to take a hit.” ---

What NFL team doctor cleared Nick Collins full clearance to play football again?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago
How hard do you have to work to undo a spinal injury?

Is he working on developing a flux capacitor?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago
We've wasted a lot of time on Finley, and he's given us one season of pro bowl caliber play in a four year career. Keep working Finley and we'll maybe have a spot for you down the road.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
9 years ago
funny how guys when there on top of the world just collect the check and dont care so much, but when things are a little dicey , they want you too know there working there tail off !!
jimmy b.
sschind
9 years ago
Regarding the doctor who cleared him

"What a Maroon"

It helps to read it with a Bugs Bunny voice in your head.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Someone who could cash in on $10 million tax free dollars is turning that down so he can earn it instead? Yep, lets bash the guy!!!
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Someone who could cash in on $10 million tax free dollars is turning that down so he can earn it instead? Yep, lets bash the guy!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's disingenuous at best. Finley is damaged goods and is playing Russian roulette with his health. The smart play for him would be to cash in on his insurance policy, finish college and have a normal life. Nobody wants to see him carted off the field and be a paraplegic the rest of his life.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
44m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.