DoddPower
9 years ago

I'm a crazy idiot.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Now this is one of the first things you have said that actually makes sense! This deserves applause.

StarrMax1
9 years ago
Did somebody finally realize that trading 2 1st round draft picks for Jimmy Graham was not a good move by The Packers?

Just wondering why this thread is now talking about Bill Bellicheck's football life?

Damn, this is turning into a place NOT to come to talk Packer football, seems all most end up doing is arguing with one certain poster.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Did somebody finally realize that trading 2 1st round draft picks for Jimmy Graham was not a good move by The Packers?

Just wondering why this thread is now talking about Bill Bellicheck's football life?

Damn, this is turning into a place NOT to come to talk Packer football, seems all most end up doing is arguing with one certain poster.

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

I think deep down, we all knew trading two 1st round picks for a TE would not be wise for the Packers. It was an entertaining topic while it lasted though. 🙂
UserPostedImage
StarrMax1
9 years ago
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/266751611.html 

Brought down from the news feed, seems to go along with the original topic.

Funny no mention of Jimmy Graham anywhere in the article.

Edit: whoops I misspoke(Lyerla's teamates at Oregon think he has the potential to be better then Jimmy Graham)....if he does we will probably not see it this year, but if the young man can keep his head on straight, who knows, guess that's why Ted took a chance on him.

Guess I was correct when I said Ted and Co. looked at what they had coming back, then adressed the position in the draft, and now are comfortable with what they have to go foward with.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/266751611.html

Brought down from the news feed, seems to go along with the original topic.

Funny no mention of Jimmy Graham anywhere in the article.

Edit: whoops I mispoke(Lyerla's teamates at Oregon think he has the potential to be better then Jimmy Graham)....if he does we will probably not see it this year, but if the young man can keep his head on straight, who knows, guess that's why Ted took a chance on him.

Guess I was correct when I said Ted and Co. looked at what they had coming back, then adressed the position in the draft, and now are comfortable with what they have to go foward with.

I doubt that very much. Most unsettled position on the team per Jerry Fontenot. I don't think they're any more confident than they were with what they had at S or ILB heading into last year. It's a huge risk rolling into the year with no proven option and the most experienced one missing all OTA's.

This isn't over...here's an update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/grahams-appeal-deadline-is-coming-quickly/ 

BTW, nobody is encouraging you to argue with anyone. This is a topic I started. If you didn't want to participate you didn't have to. You wanted to participate and have done so repeatedly. You could be posting unchallenged in multiple other threads. I'm not sure why if this isn't a fun topic for you why you would be here? Again, there are many topics that I haven't even looked at much less posted in.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftology408_1.php 

Earlier in this thread I showed it was right around a 10% chance the Packers would hit on a player as good as Jimmy Graham is at his position. One 1st for Jimmy is highly logical and stealing if you ask me. Two 1st's still favor you in that you have one superstar vs. the odds saying you get ONE out of TWO 1st rounders over the next two years being an actual player. The odds that one player out of the two is a stud like Jimmy is minute. I believe many hear two 1st's and instantly think it's a bad idea and stop right there. Doing some actual thinking and looking at data shows you it's actually not such a bad idea after all.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago
[quote=sschind;279503]I understand that but people still look at those stats per 100 targets and like to extrapolate them into "what if he had twice as many targets?" After week 1 last year did anyone really think Peyton Manning would throw 96 TD passes on the year

They may be more productive per catch but that does not mean either on of them is neccecsarily a better WR than the guy with 200 targets and 11 TDs. Also, when you compare two guys to 1 its not uncommon for them to have higher numbers.

on a side note, does this thread make anyone else feel like this

It is pretty simple. Doing something less effectively but more times doesn't make them better.

If a player is average 200 times, and someone else does it better 100 times, he is going to have higher totals. That doesn't make him better. Or Vinny Testaverde is a top 10 all time QB. Who put excessive amounts of mediocrity.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
StarrMax1
9 years ago

I doubt that very much. Most unsettled position on the team per Jerry Fontenot. I don't think they're any more confident than they were with what they had at S or ILB heading into last year. It's a huge risk rolling into the year with no proven option and the most experienced one missing all OTA's.

This isn't over...here's an update:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/grahams-appeal-deadline-is-coming-quickly/ 

BTW, nobody is encouraging you to argue with anyone. This is a topic I started. If you didn't want to participate you didn't have to. You wanted to participate and have done so repeatedly. You could be posting unchallenged in multiple other threads. I'm not sure why if this isn't a fun topic for you why you would be here? Again, there are many topics that I haven't even looked at much less posted in.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftology408_1.php 

Earlier in this thread I showed it was right around a 10% chance the Packers would hit on a player as good as Jimmy Graham is at his position. One 1st for Jimmy is highly logical and stealing if you ask me. Two 1st's still favor you in that you have one superstar vs. the odds saying you get ONE out of TWO 1st rounders over the next two years being an actual player. The odds that one player out of the two is a stud like Jimmy is minute. I believe many hear two 1st's and instantly think it's a bad idea and stop right there. Doing some actual thinking and looking at data shows you it's actually not such a bad idea after all.

This is like a bad accident on a highway, no matter how hard you try not to. you just gotta look.

😆 😆 😆

You can throw all the stats, studies, "talking head opinions" or anything else here.

It's not going to change the fact that TED THOMPSON has not and will not give up 2 1st round draft picks for Jimmy Graham.

I agree with Ted Thompson.

Doesn't matter if anyone else on this forum agrees with you, the only person opinion that matters is THE GM'S!!

DoddPower
9 years ago

I believe many hear two 1st's and instantly think it's a bad idea and stop right there. Doing some actual thinking and looking at data shows you it's actually not such a bad idea after all.

I don't think it's necessarily a horrible idea on the surface. It is however, not a very good idea for the Green Bay Packers. If they wanted to add another superstar, they should try to make it a linebacker, defensive linemen, or maybe even a safety. That would make much more sense to me. The Packers offense driven by Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and others will be very good already. That I am confident in. The Packers biggest weakness will be their defense. If they insisted on adding more offensive talent, it should probably be an offensive linemen, anyway.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

This is like a bad accident on a highway, no matter how hard you try not to. you just gotta look.

😆 😆 😆

You can throw all the stats, studies, "talking head opinions" or anything else here.

It's not going to change the fact that TED THOMPSON has not and will not give up 2 1st round draft picks for Jimmy Graham.

I agree with Ted Thompson.

Doesn't matter if anyone else on this forum agrees with you, the only person opinion that matters is THE GM'S!!

It is not a shock that you misunderstood the premise of this thread as you've misunderstood so many other things along the way. It had nothing to do with TT...it had everything to do with what would YOU do? Yes, the vast majority of educated NFL fans know Ted Thompson LOVES his draft choices.

I have challenged and will continue challenging that this idea is crazy. Yes, it's crazy for who Ted Thompson is...it isn't crazy in general. Nowhere in this thread, or elsewhere have I stated this had much of a chance of happening, in fact, I've said throughout this thread it doesn't...but in MY opinion it should. If Adam Schefter was in this thread my opinion and his opinion would be the same opinion despite March 3rd.

It's fun watching the situation unfold in New Orleans... that deadline for his appeal is here...and next Tuesday is the last day they can work out a long term deal.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

StarrMax1
9 years ago

It is not a shock that you misunderstood the premise of this thread as you've misunderstood so many other things along the way. It had nothing to do with TT...it had everything to do with what would YOU do? Yes, the vast majority of educated NFL fans know Ted Thompson LOVES his draft choices.

I have challenged and will continue challenging that this idea is crazy. Yes, it's crazy for who Ted Thompson is...it isn't crazy in general. Nowhere in this thread, or elsewhere have I stated this had much of a chance of happening, in fact, I've said throughout this thread it doesn't...but in MY opinion it should. If Adam Schefter was in this thread my opinion and his opinion would be the same opinion despite March 3rd.

It's fun watching the situation unfold in New Orleans... that deadline for his appeal is here...and next Tuesday is the last day they can work out a long term deal.

Gonna tell you one time and one time only!!!

Don't come on here and act like you are superior to anyone else on this forum.

The so-called "premise of this thread was you and you alone saying Jimmy Graham was worth 2 1st rnd picks and 10 mil a year.

Nothing more nothing less,

It was only when almost everyone else disagreed with you, that you started spinning this thread into so many different directions, you ended up talking about Bill Bellicheck

You like to go back and check "FACTS", just go back and tell me how many times I have ended my posts with this statement.

JIMMY GRAHAM IS NOT WORTH 2 1ST RND PICKS TO THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!

If you can't figure out that means HELL NO I WOULDN'T GIVE UP 2 1ST RND PICKS FOR JIMMY GRAHAM.

Then whose the one who is misunderstanding??????

You have turned this thread, like most others you post in, into a joke!!!!

I know of 2 memebers who have left because of your clamoring/

Congratulations, soon you will be the only one left here.