Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#51 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:29:05 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,097
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Yes, the star QB makes a lot of difference. I would point to the NYG's ability to win the SB with their backup QB (Jeff Hostetler) How did they do that? They were a GREAT team. Green Bay is not a great team. That is the point. We're not very good and I don't think many fans care to think about or acknowledge it even if they have thought about it. I do think injuries play a role in all of this. At some point, you need to jettison injury risk players and find some who aren't Clay Matthews included.

Ted Thompson gets credit for Rodgers and blame for what he's put around him. I think that is more than fair. You think the team is talented enough to beat anyone. I think Rodgers is good enough to beat almost anyone at any time. Sadly, he has to play a game like he played at Atlanta in the playoffs to do it vs. the better teams. That will be what it takes for us to beat Seattle and I have believed we can go in opening night and win that one. He will have to be lights out because on the whole we aren't better than Seattle especially D vs. D.

This is TT's and MM's last hurrah in my book. If they fail and don't make the playoffs or go one and done it's time to clean house. 4 years of failure is enough. Ray Rhodes got one.



There are very few truly "great" teams. Most teams are going to have weaknesses. There are exceptions to everything in life. Most teams are not going to win championships without their star quarterback. It's just the way it is. If the Packers stay healthy and have a few players step up on defense, they will be a very good team. Those aren't unreasonable expectations at all. Things could always be better, and there's nothing wrong for wishing they would be, but the Packers are in a pretty good position, overall.
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:21:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
So, we get rid of Thompson and replace him with whom exactly?


Alonzo Highsmith?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#53 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:49:04 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 321


If you follow GMs and drafts, you know it takes a while to grade both of them as usually it takes time to get you players into the team and for them to develop. It usually takes AT LEAST two years, and they say it takes 3 years to fairly grade a draft. So Sherman best records as GM were mainly because of the GM before him carrying over into his time...

Same with the 4-12 record that happen in 2005 and 8-8 in 2006, they carried over from Sherman years as GM...


Sherman was very poor at the drafting, then again I've heard most coaches are because they get caught up with flashes of potential and get blinded and over look a ton of smaller/little things that make a good player other than just the exciting things such as speed...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline beast  
#54 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:59:59 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 321

Also I kind of like having the robot as a GM... it seems to tick off some people that want flash, but I care more about substance... why tell the media anything you don't have too? I want someone who's good at the draft / player evaluating... not press conferences.


Yes Thompson has CLEARLY made mistakes... can you name a GM who's done it for a very long time and hasn't made mistakes? Overall they seem pretty good, other than finding 3-4 OLBers... good linemen who don't get injured but some of that isn't their fault. Hard to predict the future with injuries unless maybe there is a clear history and sometimes the talent suggest taking a risk, because players like Adrian Peterson... very talented but injury history filled college career and I think he dropped outside the top 5 because of it and then mostly because a healthy stud in the pros.

.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 2 applause.
AbbaGav on 7/13/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 7/13/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#55 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:17:26 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post
Get off your high horse, when are you going to realize, because most are now just flat out saying it straight to your face, you are a joke.

Nobody takes you serious, in fact, most are responding to you, just to get another dumbass reaction from you.

I thought you might realize that, when I started asking for studies and quotes on this subject.

I guess you just hold yourself at such a high esteem, you are thinking that everyone here just can't wait for your next response.

You are sadlley mistaken.

You think you have all this knowledge about football, and think you are somehow doing everyone on this forum a favor by spreading your crap around.

You find the posters on this forum boring and simplisctic?

Then why don't you move on?

There has to be other beings in this universe with your high intellect.

Go find them.

You bring nothing to this forum.

There is an internet word that describes you, I believe it is Troll.

I would say I can't wait for your response, but I'm not gonna screw with you anymore, nothing you say is relevant.


I hope you feel better. I can't imagine how you feel about you if this is how you feel about me.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline uffda udfa  
#56 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:43:19 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
If you follow GMs and drafts, you know it takes a while to grade both of them as usually it takes time to get you players into the team and for them to develop. It usually takes AT LEAST two years, and they say it takes 3 years to fairly grade a draft. So Sherman best records as GM were mainly because of the GM before him carrying over into his time...

Same with the 4-12 record that happen in 2005 and 8-8 in 2006, they carried over from Sherman years as GM...


Sherman was very poor at the drafting, then again I've heard most coaches are because they get caught up with flashes of potential and get blinded and over look a ton of smaller/little things that make a good player other than just the exciting things such as speed...


So, let me get this straight....

When we went to the NFC Championship and lost in OT to the Giants that was a function of Mike Sherman the GM's greatness? That was 3 years after he was removed as GM.

Spin is fine...this spin just doesn't add up. 3 years later and Mike Sherman the GM's team is in the NFC Chip.

The fact remains... Mike Sherman the GM left the Packers as GM with a better record as Ted Thompson has now. Shermy had an old Brett Favre. Ted Thompson has/had a young Aaron Rodgers. Advantage Sherman as to record and Ted Thompson with QB situation.




UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline beast  
#57 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:08:35 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 321

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
So, let me get this straight....

When we went to the NFC Championship and lost in OT to the Giants that was a function of Mike Sherman the GM's greatness? That was 3 years after he was removed as GM.

Spin is fine...this spin just doesn't add up. 3 years later and Mike Sherman the GM's team is in the NFC Chip.

The fact remains... Mike Sherman the GM left the Packers as GM with a better record as Ted Thompson has now. Shermy had an old Brett Favre. Ted Thompson has/had a young Aaron Rodgers. Advantage Sherman as to record and Ted Thompson with QB situation.



You're the one spinning it... not me... I never said Sherman was anywhere close to great... but clearly you don't understand the role of GM. And yes Sherman's time as GM did effect the Packers 2007 season... how? Kampman, Corey Williams, Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Al Harris all played important roles in 2007 right? They were all added during Sherman's time as GM right? Therefor Sherman's time as GM did have an effect that year... as some players he added had a very important roles that year.

GM's role isn't always about right here and right now... it's also about the future. And what I said was, they (draft people) say it takes about 3 years for drafts to take effect... and most of Sherman's drafts were pretty poor, but he did add some very good players which pushed past him, just like Wolf's players (and Sherman's coaching) carried Sherman as GM for a while... until they figured out Sherman as GM was poor.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline uffda udfa  
#58 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:29:16 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
You're the one spinning it... not me... I never said Sherman was anywhere close to great... but clearly you don't understand the role of GM. And yes Sherman's time as GM did effect the Packers 2007 season... how? Kampman, Corey Williams, Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Al Harris all played important roles in 2007 right? They were all added during Sherman's time as GM right? Therefor Sherman's time as GM did have an effect that year... as some players he added had a very important roles that year.

GM's role isn't always about right here and right now... it's also about the future. And what I said was, they (draft people) say it takes about 3 years for drafts to take effect... and most of Sherman's drafts were pretty poor, but he did add some very good players which pushed past him, just like Wolf's players (and Sherman's coaching) carried Sherman as GM for a while... until they figured out Sherman as GM was poor.


I'm sorry, beast...the Sherman's greatness thing was sarcasm.

I felt Sherman was a very poor coach and very poor GM. Brett sure didn't like him at all...Brett thought so little of Shermy he never even called to say goodbye or good luck when he was totally ousted by TT. LeRoy Butler also though little of Sherman. Sherman was known as fearful and not very confident. How or why he ever got hired is beyond me for one role much less the dual.

The simple point remains...both Sherman and Thompson have ridden HOF QB's to records that don't fully reflect the total teams they built or didn't in this case.

One thing is for certain...the Packers faithful is going to lambaste the new GM even if he's building a full well rounded team but it isn't good quick enough because it doesn't have a HOF QB like the 3 previous GM's had. You can write that in stone.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline mi_keys  
#59 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:06:31 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 227
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No we didn't. I've been shaking the tree for a long time.


Did you miss the sarcasm?
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline yooperfan  
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:55:18 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

If the defense shits the bed again this year, if the Packers go 1 and done again this year, or worse yet, if they fail to make the playoffs then I think it's time for change.
I don't think either Thompson or McCarthy should be extended if they can't get this team out of 2nd gear this year.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 7/13/2014(UTC), uffda udfa on 7/13/2014(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#61 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:53:21 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/21/2008(UTC)
Location: Wayne's Basement

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 81

Yes I want Ted Thompson to be extended.

Still chuckling a little at the Sherman win% discussion. Maybe he was just such a great coach, and overcame his GM abilities. Interesting that the three consecutive division titles were on the back of Wolf's last draft in 2001.
Sherman had three years of drafts. Netted us Javon Walker, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, Ahmad Carroll, and Scott Wells.

On top of every beard grows a man.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline StarrMax1  
#62 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:12:25 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 5/9/2014(UTC)
Location: Toledo

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 84

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
I hope you feel better. I can't imagine how you feel about you if this is how you feel about me.


I feel great about myself.

I was referred to this site by a long standing member telling me how different it was from other sites.

He told me there were people on here who really know their Packer football, and even though they always didn't agree, it was mostly a fun and informative place to come.

That member will never come back to this site because of you and you alone.

From one of your earlier posts, I see you are proud of the fact that you are responsible for another long standing members leaving.

What a tool you are.

You think you are creating debate and discussion.

Better step back and take a good look.

Reality isn't what you think it is.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 7/13/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#63 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:21:26 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
It is ironic that it's stated that I'm trying to get everyone to agree with me. It's the opposite. I want you to disagree so we can have a real debate. If you don't agree with me that's good theater, at least to me.

I knew most would say NO to Jimmy Graham and two 1st's...I knew the odds of Ted Thompson ever doing it were next to nil. However, I believe the idea is not crazy at all based on a study of the Packers history drafting stars in Round 1 over the last 40 years. The cap can be managed just fine in my detailed look at it and where we stand with room to make if we need to.

There is more irony to be found in the fact Dex can post a stat about yards per target and fumbles and he's got someone on the forum believing Boykin is as good as Jeffery and ready to start over Randall or Jordy. I get hammered for showing multiple angles and no mind is changed and I end up being ridiculed. Excuse me but that has some of the makings of a certain type of behavior that I would never want to get caught up in.

The majority of fans are total homers. The same applies here. I don't want to be a homer...I wish to be objective. I don't think my goal and many others goal is the same thing. That doesn't make me better, but it certainly makes me different. I know that I am and all the insults in the world the best ya got ring hollow. I do have a very low tolerance for those who say things that I think are ridiculous. IE: Sherrod has a 75% chance to be a player in my opinion. To me...that is an opinion with no basis in any form of reality anywhere at any time. He may be a perennial pro bowler for the next 10 seasons but that doesn't mean his odds, right now, are 75% he'll be a player for us so I showed swhat the odds were. MI disputed them. That's good...at least he looked. Most here would just insult me and tell me how stupid I am when I've actually spent time researching and studying an issue they have given 2 seconds of thought to but they know they're right and I'm crazy. Yes, I find this entertaining. How could I not?


Now I get it. You really think it would be a mistake for the Packers to trade for Graham. You really want Thompson to be extended. You just post these threads to get good theatre. Makes so much sense now otherwise I can't see anyone defending such point so vehemently in the face or such overwhelming opposition. I've got to hand it to you, youve kept your stories straight and played it to the hilt.

What's next uffda? Forrest Gregg was a better coach than Vince Lombardi? Don Hutson was not a very good WR? I can't wait for those.

Side note, does anyone remember the days of the CBS boards with the lone wolf. Uffda reminds me a lot of him. Without the serious character flaws wolf had of course.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline voiceofreason2.0  
#64 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:35:11 AM(UTC)
voiceofreason2.0

Rank: Practice Squad

United States
Joined: 7/13/2014(UTC)
Location: Racine, WI

Applause Received: 4

I haven't posted in so long that I couldn't even figure out how to log on to my original account, so now I'm 2.0. Even though I haven't posted I have always been here, watching, listening, because I consider it by far the best Packers forum on the interwebs. It saddens me to see site stalwarts threatening to, or even actually leaving because of one poster. Our packers love is far greater than one man's quest for debate through ridiculous statements.

TT: Of course he should and will be extended. Top 3 GM in the league, and if you want him gone I want to know who we can get thats better.

Jimmy Graham: No tight end is or ever will be worth 2 1st rounders.

thanks Post received 4 applause.
wpr on 7/13/2014(UTC), beast on 7/13/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 7/13/2014(UTC), Pack93z on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline beast  
#65 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 10:45:05 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 321

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason2.0 Go to Quoted Post
Jimmy Graham: No tight end is or ever will be worth 2 1st rounders.


I still think Jimmy Graham is a WR... not a TE. From what I've seen he mainly goes out for passes and isn't usually asked to block anybody... he has two seasons over 1,200 yards (just like Nelson) and one season of over 1,300 yards (just like Nelson).

If Graham didn't have such long arms, there would be WRs that block better than him, but because of his long arms it lets him have more recovery time when he makes a mistake and regroup and have a second or sometimes even third attempt at blocking... but power/technique wise I think some physical WRs are better blockers than him especially power blocking.

I think of Jimmy Graham as a worse Calvin Johnson (and I think of it as a good thing as Johnson very well might be the best WR in the game today, and if he had a better team around him might of put up a lot bigger numbers).
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DarkaneRules  
#66 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:45:10 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 358

There were a couple assumptions made about me earlier in this thread that I wanted to address, but this guy's posts are long and exhausting to me.

I am a relatively new football fanatic. I haven't been studying the game that long. Only really got into doing that when I joined this forum. I know next to nothing about any GM the Packers had before Ted Thompson beyond Ron Wolf trading a first rounder for Brett Favre. Before Ted, I just knew I was watching a HOF quarterback play amazing football, but also with the tendency to break our hearts with the game on the line.

When I measure Ted Thompson, I don't compare him to any GM that came before in our organization. I think about now, in this present time, how I feel about the way the team is being run from the top in comparison to the other 31 NFL franchises, and I believe it is being run very well in a tough time to be a GM. That's it. That's all.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 3 applause.
TheKanataThrilla on 7/13/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 7/13/2014(UTC), Yerko on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#67 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:13:48 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Now I get it. You really think it would be a mistake for the Packers to trade for Graham. You really want Thompson to be extended. You just post these threads to get good theatre. Makes so much sense now otherwise I can't see anyone defending such point so vehemently in the face or such overwhelming opposition. I've got to hand it to you, youve kept your stories straight and played it to the hilt.

What's next uffda? Forrest Gregg was a better coach than Vince Lombardi? Don Hutson was not a very good WR? I can't wait for those.

Side note, does anyone remember the days of the CBS boards with the lone wolf. Uffda reminds me a lot of him. Without the serious character flaws wolf had of course.



That's close. In both examples I strongly believe the Packers will do the opposite of what I would do. The Packers (TT) won't give up 2 1st's for Graham, and Mark Murphy will extend Ted Thompson (if Ted Thompson will let him).

You guys are all honed in tightly on how our organization acts. You know both of those things are crazy based on what our organization will ultimately do. However, stepping outside the "Packer way" mindset, I believe in the things I've said. It is tough to reconcile someone could think that when you're as into the "Packer way" as you are. Plus, I really do think most of you are perfectly content with the idea of "having a chance" vs. "having the best chance". That is where we differ. Ted Thompson is a GM who has our org plodding along riding a HOF QB hoping for a magical run. I believe Aaron Rodgers deserves one superstar before he's done. Jimmy Graham is a good place to start considering we have nothing at TE heading into this season and we could actually get him. Our draft history CLEARLY shows we are running about a 10% chance of getting a Graham in draft.

Sorry, but I do believe these things you can't get your mind around... it is not that they are crazy, it is you who is "brainwashed" as Greg Jennings would say to the "Packer way". You can think like the Packers because you've been fed that way since Ted Thompson has been here and you saw a championship which has completely turned you from considering anything outside of the Packer way. I get the push back against me.

To say that I'm happy or proud I ran someone off is ludicrous. Where did I make such statements? I addressed it elsewhere. I said I didn't believe it. If the reason people left was stated to be because I was truly insane the person would not leave. A truly insane person is not to be taken seriously....this person took me seriously, obviously, and left so the allegation that I'm crazy and pushing people away from here is inaccurate. I will assume we're talking about p2w. If that's correct, he left because statements he made were crazy and I held up a mirror and showed him. He didn't like what he saw and ran.

"Would YOU...." is probably a dumb question to ask on fan board pertaining to that fan's team mode of operation. Most of you are in the Packers kool aid club. All things Packers are good...the way it is now is good and you like good so there's validation to not do anything outside of the Packer way, plus let's not forget the championship. More validation the Packer way is not to ever be questioned or messed with. There can be no other way to do things. Seattle didn't follow the Packer Way to win their SB. Few teams do. Don't let that in though it will be hard to square. There might actually be another better way to do things but since we all feel so insignificant and no way we could ever be like a Ted Thompson anything and everything he does must be right only to the point that it's proven it isn't then you will criticize. Not before it's proven though. MD Jennings was the answer at S until he wasn't. Jerron McMillian was the answer because Ted Thompson sniffed him out of a small non- big time football school ala Collins...he was the answer. Until he wasn't. Ted Thompson will always get the benefit of the doubt. Let's see how you feel about the defense and TE when this season is over. Safety as well. How many years is it not going to compute for you? Oh, a past SB and Aaron Rodgers...that will keep you content. It'll be years later when you realize that Ted Thompson didn't do his job well enough and wasted Rodgers prime years.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline steveishere  
#68 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:38:53 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
So, we get rid of Thompson and replace him with whom exactly?


Some guy who will draft great players with every pick, sign every good free agent to half the price it would cost another GM, find the best coaches in the NFL from out of nowhere and will engineer a dynasty. Between that guy and Ted Thompson I take that guy 10 times out of 10. Most fans are content with just 1 Superbowl every couple years I want one every year and this guy can make that happen.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
uffda udfa on 7/13/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 7/13/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#69 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:40:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason2.0 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't posted in so long that I couldn't even figure out how to log on to my original account, so now I'm 2.0. Even though I haven't posted I have always been here, watching, listening, because I consider it by far the best Packers forum on the interwebs. It saddens me to see site stalwarts threatening to, or even actually leaving because of one poster. Our packers love is far greater than one man's quest for debate through ridiculous statements.

TT: Of course he should and will be extended. Top 3 GM in the league, and if you want him gone I want to know who we can get thats better.

Jimmy Graham: No tight end is or ever will be worth 2 1st rounders.



We need more posts like this from people like you. That's what will bring this site to greater greatness.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#70 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:55:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
There were a couple assumptions made about me earlier in this thread that I wanted to address, but this guy's posts are long and exhausting to me.

I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
To say that I'm happy or proud I ran someone off is ludicrous. Where did I make such statements? I addressed it elsewhere.

Oh, a past SB and Aaron Rodgers...that will keep you content. It'll be years later when you realize that Ted Thompson didn't do his job well enough and wasted Rodgers prime years.


First part, you shouldn't want others to leave, you should want others to join in the discussion. If you throw down 1,000 words after 1,000 words, people will not want to participate because they are overwhelmed, just like DarkaneRules is implying. Novels are not necessary. Lighten up, get your point out and discuss. We are each Packers fans after all.

Last part, the Packers are doing very well when you consider the mass 32 teams and ignore the Madden'like expectations. This is real world. Families are involved in Free Agent decisions. Money. And a plethora of other factors. To solely say Ted Thompson is not doing his job is ignoring the whole picture and being somewhat narrow minded --- in my opinion.

Thompson deserves to be extended. How many GM's have done better than him? Who is out there that gives hope of doing better? It's not the right time for a regime change, plain and simple.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#71 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:10:36 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I agree 100%.



First part, you shouldn't want others to leave, you should want others to join in the discussion. If you throw down 1,000 words after 1,000 words, people will not want to participate because they are overwhelmed, just like DarkaneRules is implying. Novels are not necessary. Lighten up, get your point out and discuss. We are each Packers fans after all.

Last part, the Packers are doing very well when you consider the mass 32 teams and ignore the Madden'like expectations. This is real world. Families are involved in Free Agent decisions. Money. And a plethora of other factors. To solely say Ted Thompson is not doing his job is ignoring the whole picture and being somewhat narrow minded --- in my opinion.

Thompson deserves to be extended. How many GM's have done better than him? Who is out there that gives hope of doing better? It's not the right time for a regime change, plain and simple.


I reject your post for being too long and too dumb. :) (I hope you catch the irony and sarcasm)

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#72 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:39:56 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't disagree with your point, but why even respond and fuel the fire then? It's like saying Bears are mean animals and then going up to one, poking it and then complain that it chased after you.

If someone says something "dumbass"-like, ignore it and move on. Why is this so difficult for us to do?


Some people find stupidity annoying and want to rub their noses in it so they stop doing that on the carpet.

But you are right. He is trying to get attention.

We should stop obliging him.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/13/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#73 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:07:55 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Some people find stupidity annoying and want to rub their noses in it so they stop doing that on the carpet.

But you are right. He is trying to get attention.

We should stop obliging him.


I couldn't agree more with your opening line. Jarrett Boykin is not Alshon Jeffery's equal and all attempts to show someone who says they are should be made.

I can assure you I enjoy debate.... if you substitute "attention" and the words "debates going"...you would hit it right on the mark. It is the dead time of the year. Do you want to sit and discuss the countdown of how a certain media guy rates our players 40 down to 1?

Would have to agree some should stop obliging as it hasn't ended well for them.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#74 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:12:04 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
I couldn't agree more with your opening line. Jarrett Boykin is not Alshon Jeffery's equal and all attempts to show someone who says they are should be made.

I can assure you I enjoy debate.... if you substitute "attention" and the words "debates going"...you would hit it right on the mark. It is the dead time of the year. Do you want to sit and discuss the countdown of how a certain media guy rates our players 40 down to 1?

Would have to agree some should stop obliging as it hasn't ended well for them.



Bad dog.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
beast on 7/14/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#75 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:25:25 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Bad dog.


That was a rare LOL moment for me. Thank you.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann