Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:06:56 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 3,481
Andrew Quarless I believe will be the starter. Although, the underware practice reports on Richard Rodgers were quite impressive. Maybe he'll be the #2? I am still intrigued by this Brandon Bostick kid though and can't wait to see what he can bring to the table.
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:05:34 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,460
I agree with Beast I think Quarless will start and I even believe he will be decent. Though I could see Rodgers as the kind of guy that will be ready for snaps sooner than guys we've recently brought in so I wouldn't be surprised if we see him getting some PT a few games in.
Offline uffda udfa  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:20:45 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 339
Applause Received: 374
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
I agree with Beast I think Quarless will start and I even believe he will be decent. Though I could see Rodgers as the kind of guy that will be ready for snaps sooner than guys we've recently brought in so I wouldn't be surprised if we see him getting some PT a few games in.

It is hard for me to see Quarless not being the starter as hard as it is for me, personally, to see Quarless being the starter.

It is interesting to look at Q's career game logs. He's had his best games when Rodgers isn't the QB. That tells me a few things...Rodgers doesn't look Q's way very much and that the backups threw it to him as he was a safety valve for them. Rodgers doesn't need a safety valve TE...he needs one who can make big plays. He hasn't thrown to Q in the past a lot and I can't imagine him starting this season.

That is scary...your most experienced TE has hauled in 21 receptions for his career high with Aaron and his best game with Aaron was 3 for 35.

I think so little of Andrew Quarless that even though it's hard not seeing him being the starter for experience alone I'm going to say he's just enough of a JAG to not start. Aaron's guy, Richard Rodgers, will get the nod and it may be because Q is not fully healthy more than anything.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:54:24 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 297
Applause Received: 589
I have liked what I have seen from Quarless when he is on the field regardless of who the quarterback is, but he is certainly not a game changer or a guy that imposes his will on other players. We need a tight end that can physically measure up to those linebackers and big cover guys in space. I think he starts due to seniority first, but I have no doubt that he will be pushed by some of the other younger guys as the pre-season transitions over to the regular season.
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:02:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,257
Applause Received: 1,229
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post

It is interesting to look at Q's career game logs. He's had his best games when Rodgers isn't the QB. That tells me a few things...Rodgers doesn't look Q's way very much and that the backups threw it to him as he was a safety valve for them. Rodgers doesn't need a safety valve TE...he needs one who can make big plays. He hasn't thrown to Q in the past a lot and I can't imagine him starting this season.

Or maybe that he tore the shit out of knee and was just starting to get back up to speed when Aaron went down.
Offline beast  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:36:37 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 461
Applause Received: 555
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post

First off great noticing the game logs and his best games have come without Rodgers throwing him to him... but I think you then make a couple of assumptions (which might be right) but also could be explained in a different. I forget where I read it, but I read that Rodgers told Quarless he was looking forward to working with him more... as the two haven't worked a ton together recently as Quarless missed a lot of time and has gotten a lot more practice reps with the back-up QBs... and then when Quarless gets healthy then Rodgers goes down.

You're theory could be correct, but I think it's also possible they just don't have much chemistry working together recently... and so Rodgers is looking to guys he has more chemistry with (the WRs)... and the back-up QBs had more chemistry with Quarless and therefor looked his way more.
Rss Feed