Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
18 Pages«<15161718>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uffda udfa  
#241 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 1:15:05 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 150

I understand. Again, though, the reasons I gave to do it where never countered properly. Side issues were raised. The 10% thing is a fact and can't be challenged. So, in essence dealing 2 1st's for a superstar is not crazy, even though I was told that is was, repeatedly. I understand you may not think Graham is as good as I think he is...that is one thing, but to say "nobody ever did it" so it's stupid is what's stupid. History is on my side. Someone reading would be moving quickly to the cap side or losing Cobb or some side issue. None of that is a given. The "that's dumb"...or "we'll lose Cobb"..."too much cap"...are all things that are not factual reasons not to do it. Anything can be dumb to anyone if that's what they want it to be. I just think it's easily defendable to do this above the strong objections to the contrary.

Here's the latest...no appeal?

http://profootballtalk.n...ham-ruling-not-expected/
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline uffda udfa  
#242 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 4:22:06 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Jimmy G. did appeal after all... and then there's this from Adam Schefter...

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Saints and Jimmy Graham closing in on long-term deal to make him highest-paid TE in NFL history. Now optimism deal done by Tues deadline.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline PWT36  
#243 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:24:43 AM(UTC)
PWT36

United States

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 32

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Jimmy G. did appeal after all... and then there's this from Adam Schefter...

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Saints and Jimmy Graham closing in on long-term deal to make him highest-paid TE in NFL history. Now optimism deal done by Tues deadline.

uffda udfa

Today (Tuesday) Jimmy Graham reached a 4 year deal, $40m with the Saints. The Star New Orleans receiver will get $20 to $21m guaranteed over the 4 year contract Graham is now the highest paid Tight end in the NFL.

This 4 year deal will Graham will give him a shot at Free Agency when is 31 years old. So ends your topic about the Packers making a trade with Saints for Graham. Of coarse, every knowledgeable Packer fan knew The Packers would never make a trade with the Saints for Graham.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/15/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#244 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:24:07 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: PWT36 Go to Quoted Post
uffda udfa

Today (Tuesday) Jimmy Graham reached a 4 year deal, $40m with the Saints. The Star New Orleans receiver will get $20 to $21m guaranteed over the 4 year contract Graham is now the highest paid Tight end in the NFL.

This 4 year deal will Graham will give him a shot at Free Agency when is 31 years old. So ends your topic about the Packers making a trade with Saints for Graham. Of coarse, every knowledgeable Packer fan knew The Packers would never make a trade with the Saints for Graham.

LOL! Yes, I saw that. I guess you're referring to me, as well. I knew this wouldn't happen...but I would've done it. The question was would YOU trade for Jimmy Graham? The answer was yes and still is yes even though I knew we wouldn't be doing it.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline steveishere  
#245 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:25:01 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

I guess none of the great minds in the NFL thought it was such a good idea.
Offline uffda udfa  
#246 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:08:36 AM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I guess none of the great minds in the NFL thought it was such a good idea.

I guess the illusion that you're going to find 2 Jimmy Graham's in the 1st round was too strong... we know, in our case, the odds of getting a player the caliber of Jimmy Graham next year will be 10% or less. I know, personally, I'd rather fight to the death that I'd rather have Sherrod and Nick Perry over Jimmy Graham.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#247 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:35:31 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 109

I guess the illusion that you're going to find 2 Jimmy Graham's in the 1st round was too strong... we know, in our case, the odds of getting a player the caliber of Jimmy Graham next year will be 10% or less. I know, personally, I'd rather fight to the death that I'd rather have Sherrod and Nick Perry over Jimmy Graham.

Actually all you need to find a 1/2 Jimmy Craham in the first round for 2 years. And you can still spend $10M on a free agent.

"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#248 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:10:56 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
Actually all you need to find a 1/2 Jimmy Craham in the first round for 2 years. And you can still spend $10M on a free agent.

Right, you get two swings with a 10% chance, each and a 54% chance with each of those that they'll be players who aren't busts like Jamal Reynolds or Justin Harrell. So, you'll probably get one decent starter vs. pairing a superstar with Aaron in the backside of his prime.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline StarrMax1  
#249 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:26:51 PM(UTC)
StarrMax1

United States

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 84

Right, you get two swings with a 10% chance, each and a 54% chance with each of those that they'll be players who aren't busts like Jamal Reynolds or Justin Harrell. So, you'll probably get one decent starter vs. pairing a superstar with Aaron in the backside of his prime.

Congratulations you have managed to spam this forum for 2 weeks, with all your useless minutia content and you convinced absolutely no one that Jimmy Graham was worth 2 1st rnd picks and 10 mil a year.

You Go Boy!!!!!!

Hey now you can turn all your attention to The Packers letting Ted Thompson walk.

Oh lord i just realized Ted is signed through 2015, which means you have 2 years to bring up meaningless and useless stats trying to convince the Packer nation that, "by god this time I AM RIGHT, and you all are wrong".

Hell that thread may reach 100 pages!!!!!!

Go for it, If anything, you can be proud everytime you log on to see your name at the top of THE post list!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Rolling Eyes
DoddPower on 7/15/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#250 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:30:07 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

I'm starting to think StarrMax1 doesn't care for Uffda! Hey Zero, make yourself useful and lock this sucker down. Graham signed for 4 X $40M.
UserPostedImage
StarrMax1 on 7/15/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#251 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:46:44 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 351

The 10% thing is a fact and can't be challenged.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Javon Walker was as talented, if not more talented than any WR Ted Thompson drafted.

Right, you get two swings with a 10% chance, each and a 54% chance with each of those that they'll be players who aren't busts like Jamal Reynolds or Justin Harrell.

By the way, that "statistic" you keep posting as objective fact (the one that is really just some asshole on the internet that listed every player for a 10 year period as either a bust or a hit with no discussion on methodology or reasoning) cites Javon Walker as a bust.

Message modified by user Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:15:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#252 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:32:22 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way, that "statistic" you keep posting as objective fact (the one that is really just some asshole on the internet that listed every player for a 10 year period as either a bust or a hit with no discussion on methodology or reasoning) cites Javon Walker as a bust.

I agree with him...Javon Walker was a bust due to injury. As talented as we've seen in Green Bay in a long time, though.

Anyone who follows the draft for any period of years knows it's hard finding stud players in the draft in any round even the first. It was no shock to me that it's about a 50-50 proposition you're going to hit on a guy. and way less that they'll be a true superstar. I think that's pretty common sense if you've watched enough drafts.

I'll count Ha Ha as one of the first rounders we could've dealt for Graham and then see who we get next year and see in a few years if it would've been smarter to have Ha Ha and next year's #1 or Jimmy G. My money is Jimmy G. being the better of the two options.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline mi_keys  
#253 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:23:44 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

I agree with him...Javon Walker was a bust due to injury. As talented as we've seen in Green Bay in a long time, though.

Yet you were happy to point him out in defense of Sherman...

And the fact that Walker was a bust largely, if not entirely due to injury, is important context for that subjective opinion you keep asserting as objective fact.
Offline uffda udfa  
#254 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:16:41 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Yet you were happy to point him out in defense of Sherman...

And the fact that Walker was a bust largely, if not entirely due to injury, is important context for that subjective opinion you keep asserting as objective fact.

Yes, I was happy to point him out in defense of Sherman and I stand by what I said about him...Javon Walker was as talented of a WR as we've seen in Green Bay in a long time and sadly injury ruined the guy.

I appreciate your misguided obsession with trying to prove me wrong at every turn but you're doing yourself a disservice with posts like this.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline mi_keys  
#255 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:08:13 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

I appreciate your misguided obsession with trying to prove me wrong at every turn but you're doing yourself a disservice with posts like this.

Laughing You're comedic gold, mate.
Rss Feed