Zero2Cool
9 years ago

You don't like us calling each other names but you use the phrase "any true Packers fan" and that is probably the most insulting thing you can say to anyone on this forum, doubting their loyalty. You really don't think Uffda is a true Packers fan? I do, I don't agree with his line of thinking but I don't think that makes him any less of a Packer fan than you or me.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

First off, lets get this straight right out of the gate. I quoted dfosterf, not uffda in that comment and it was quite clear to me I was poking fun at him with being so over the top and out of character. I am the last person to question someones fanhood with any ounce of seriousness. Apparently though, it was NOT as clear as I thought and for that, I apologize to whomever could have been offended.

That being said, I firmly believe both dfosterf and uffda are loyal passionate fans and have probably been fans of the Green Bay Packers longer than I've been breathing the same air as them. And I do respect that.

But, life is short and if we don't and can't have a little fun from time to time, what is the point of anything at all?

Thank you for helping me clear this up for anyone who could have been confused.

UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

The simple question to ask is, who is available that would do a better job then Ted Thompson ????

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

This is the root of the question for me too. He's had misses, the Packers have weaknesses, but would going with another GM solve all issues at every position? SF has big questions in the secondary, Seattle on their O Line...you could go down any roster and find concerns going into camp.

Another thing that hasn't been stressed in this thread is player accountability.

Even some duds that haven't produced lately like Raji, have demonstrated they CAN produce at a high level. At what position are the Packers currently slim in players that have demonstrated they can produce at a high level? In my opinion center, safety, and then arguably ILB, and TE. There is proven talent at all other positions, and with this year's draft, in my own personal opinion I feel good about TE, S, and possibly even ILB. To me, that means Ted has for the most part fulfilled his responsibility, he's provided the supplies to build the house. It's now up to the coaches, training staff, and most importantly the players to produce.

Pack93z
9 years ago

That being said, I firmly believe both dfosterf and uffda are loyal passionate fans and have probably been fans of the Green Bay Packers longer than I've been breathing the same air as them.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I hope you are not breathing the same air.. the CO2 levels might be elevated to a point in which clear thought may be difficult. Hmmmm. [grin1]

I personally have exhausted my input on this topic.. If I was signing the checks.. his name would be upon it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I hope you are not breathing the same air.. the CO2 levels might be elevated to a point in which clear thought may be difficult. Hmmmm. [grin1]

I personally have exhausted my input on this topic.. If I was signing the checks.. his name would be upon it.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Interesting fact. The water you drink, you're not the first to have done so.

=d> Oh snap, am I derailing this derailed topic??
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

First off, lets get this straight right out of the gate. I quoted dfosterf, not uffda in that comment and it was quite clear to me I was poking fun at him with being so over the top and out of character. I am the last person to question someones fanhood with any ounce of seriousness. Apparently though, it was NOT as clear as I thought and for that, I apologize to whomever could have been offended.

That being said, I firmly believe both dfosterf and uffda are loyal passionate fans and have probably been fans of the Green Bay Packers longer than I've been breathing the same air as them. And I do respect that.

But, life is short and if we don't and can't have a little fun from time to time, what is the point of anything at all?

Thank you for helping me clear this up for anyone who could have been confused.

Actually I thought the same thing as sschind I didn't respond so as to not get into trouble again.

Interesting fact- the website owner gave us all smilies to use at various times. Some actually indicate a degree of sarcasm in order to help the reader understand what the poster meant. But then they don't work at this time so I will go with the old standby icon πŸ˜›
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Actually I thought the same thing as sschind I didn't respond so as to not get into trouble again.

Interesting fact- the website owner gave us all smilies to use at various times. Some actually indicate a degree of sarcasm in order to help the reader understand what the poster meant. But then they don't work at this time so I will go with the old standby icon :P

Originally Posted by: wpr 

They do to work!! I edited my post to help make the point of being in jest more clear!

Hit CTRL F5 a few times or right click "refresh" or "reload" depending on your browser.

[boxing] 😒 πŸ˜› πŸ‘

See they work just fine!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

They do to work!! I edited my post to help make the point of being in jest more clear!

Hit CTRL F5 a few times or right click "refresh" or "reload" depending on your browser.

[boxing] 😒 πŸ˜› πŸ‘

See they work just fine!!

[palm]
They didn't work a moment ago. πŸ€₯
A superior web guru wouldn't require his people to jump through hoops all the time. Exit and come back in and it would be the newest features. πŸ˜†

Does this mean I am derailing the thread too?

If so- I think Uncle Teddy needs to be held accountable. One and done is no fun. πŸ˜†

While reading this thread (most of it any way) I keep thinking about KC Royals of the 70s-80s. Whitey Herzog was the manager and they lost 3 straight years to the Yankees. When they failed to win the West and thus were not in the playoffs at all (Back when only 2 teams from each league made it) the owner fired Whitey. He went to St Lou and they were in 3 World Series int he 80s. The Royals were in the playoffs after that but their winning percent kept dropping and finally after 85 (The year Don Dinkinger stole the WS from StL and gave it to the Royals) they have not been back since. Point is if Uncle Teddy is gone we may look back and wish he was here. He certainly frustrates me and I want better from him and the team there are not a lot of better options just sitting around waiting for THE call.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

[palm]
They didn't work a moment ago. πŸ€₯
A superior web guru wouldn't require his people to jump through hoops all the time. Exit and come back in and it would be the newest features. πŸ˜†

Fair enough, when is the last time you exited and then came back on? Mind you, exit means logging off. ;-)[grin1]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Fair enough, when is the last time you exited and then came back on? Mind you, exit means logging off. ;-)[grin1]

The only time I log off is when I do one of the those purges that dump all the old crap from firefox.

BTW- I edited my last post and got us back on subject. You ruined my effort now I have nothing else to add. 😒
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
9 years ago

While reading this thread (most of it any way) I keep thinking about KC Royals of the 70s-80s. Whitey Herzog was the manager and they lost 3 straight years to the Yankees. When they failed to win the West and thus were not in the playoffs at all (Back when only 2 teams from each league made it) the owner fired Whitey. He went to St Lou and they were in 3 World Series int he 80s. The Royals were in the playoffs after that but their winning percent kept dropping and finally after 85 (The year Don Dinkinger stole the WS from StL and gave it to the Royals) they have not been back since. Point is if Uncle Teddy is gone we may look back and wish he was here. He certainly frustrates me and I want better from him and the team there are not a lot of better options just sitting around waiting for THE call.

This is the backbone of my contention that he should be retained.. we have not been failures.. hell.. if the standard is only one.. then Wolf failed as well. We could of pulled the plug with the yearly exits to the Pokes.. but we didn't. And the rest is history.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I expect the defense to be greatly improved this season if they can stay relatively healthy.. if not, I may alter my opinion on the entire regime... lol. And if Matthews struggles again with health.. I believe it is time to cut bait and move him. Too large of a chunk of the salary cap to have him as a part time player.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"