Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:30:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,991
Applause Received: 2,285

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Exactly. He tweaked his ankle. He'll be fine. Why if someone gets nicked up do we already start talking about cutting him. Way too knee jerk here.

lol the first line clearly states that "Certainly he is physically limited."

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel Go to Quoted Post
Morgan Burnett has not done a whole lot during today's padded practice. Certainly he is physically limited.

What if it is a message though? What if Micah Hyde and Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix form a better tandem than Burnett with either? What do the Packers do with Burnett? Release him? Trade him? Drop him down the depth chart?

No, Burnett won't be released. That is just silly talk, but who's to say he couldn't be moved via trade? We lack the depth for a trade so that makes it unlikely.

The remark about which TANDEM makes the Packers better is something we should be keying on in this topic, I think.

What if lets say ...

Burnett + Hyde = 30
Burnett + Clinton-Dix = 40
Clinton-Dix + Hyde = 70

Obviously, you start the best TANDEM, right?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:59:47 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 273
Applause Received: 267

I've read that ALL THREE may be used in some packages, so even the tandem argument doesn't really apply.

even if Burnett was significantly hurt/under performing we're left with Banjo and Richardson for depth. The Packers will hire Jerry Jones to be GM before they cut/trade Burnett this year.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 8/1/2014(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:19:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,991
Applause Received: 2,285

Even when he's available, he's not that good. And now he's not even able to practice.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Tezzy  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:25:29 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 88

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I've read that ALL THREE may be used in some packages, so even the tandem argument doesn't really apply.

They have already shown the packages where Hyde moves to CB in certain Nickel and Dime situations. I don't see Burnett being cut before this season plays out unless we get some lopsided trade in our favor, and I don't see why any suitors would come calling for Burnett at this point. I want to see this play out with all three playing this season.

On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 7:19:31 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

The guy on the bench is always better than the guy on the field.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline porky88  
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:46:52 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 421

This thread did get me thinking about Burnett's long-term future. If Micah Hyde and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix emerge as viable starters, then Burnett is expendable. I like Burnett, and I think he'll be better if he's playing with somebody he trusts on the backend, but the team is better with Hyde on the field. Putting Burnett’s long-term future aside, I do love the versatility of this year’s secondary.

Both Casey Heyward and Davone House are having good camps. We know what we have in Sam Shields and Tramon Williams. Hyde’s move to safety has gone smooth and Clinton-Dix is certainly a better alternative than M.D. Jennings is.

Everybody is looking at the front seven, but the secondary is the strength of the defense.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:55:14 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
This thread did get me thinking about Burnett's long-term future. If Micah Hyde and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix emerge as viable starters, then Burnett is expendable. I like Burnett, and I think he'll be better if he's playing with somebody he trusts on the backend, but the team is better with Hyde on the field. Putting Burnett’s long-term future aside, I do love the versatility of this year’s secondary.

Both Casey Heyward and Davone House are having good camps. We know what we have in Sam Shields and Tramon Williams. Hyde’s move to safety has gone smooth and Clinton-Dix is certainly a better alternative than M.D. Jennings is.

Everybody is looking at the front seven, but the secondary is the strength of the defense.

Clintin-Dix didn't get as much playing time at family night as Richardson and didn't do as much with his time.

He may end up 4th on the depth chart.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing, He can take more time to catch on like Nick Collins did.

Offline beast  
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:52:44 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 324

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Clintin-Dix didn't get as much playing time at family night as Richardson and didn't do as much with his time.

He may end up 4th on the depth chart.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing, He can take more time to catch on like Nick Collins did.

You mean unlike Nick Collins did? ... Collins was a starter every year... he missed 3 starts in his first 6 years... and those were all in one year and due to injury.

http://www.nfl.com/playe...kcollins/2506390/profile
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:54:14 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
You mean unlike Nick Collins did? ... Collins was a starter every year... he missed 3 starts in his first 6 years... and those were all in one year and due to injury.

http://www.nfl.com/playe...kcollins/2506390/profile

No, I meant as in Nick really didn't really catch on for the first couple years. Not that he didn't play.

Rss Feed