Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:09:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 688
Applause Received: 1,411

Not too many MASH units make the NFCCG, Uffda. The Niners are chock full of Top 15 picks. I would rather be a playoff team every year than have a decade of fielding dog shit. The Packers can make a run at Super Bowl every couple of years if things fall right for them. Ted Thompson has a lot to do with that, whether or not you think it is true or not.
UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 5:22:58 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 159

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Not too many MASH units make the NFCCG, Uffda. The Niners are chock full of Top 15 picks. I would rather be a playoff team every year than have a decade of fielding dog shit. The Packers can make a run at Super Bowl every couple of years if things fall right for them. Ted Thompson has a lot to do with that, whether or not you think it is true or not.

It is true but ONLY because of Aaron Rodgers. No other reason. None.

Why so many can't get their heads around that baffles me. I think they really do but just like celebrating things for the sake of celebrating because they know Ted Thompson was GM when we won one so this must be a good thing.

Enjoy the division titles and playoff failures...I'm almost certain that's what you're going to see over the next several seasons minus the fact we might be caught and passed by other teams in the division who are actually teams and not just fronts for their greatest of all time candidate QB.

EDIT: Thank you, Tom Silverstein! At least someone is noticing...

Green Bay — Only four teams in the National Football League have used a first-round pick in each of the last three seasons on a defensive player.

Only one of those teams has gotten almost nothing out of it.

---You can guess which one... Hint: He recently signed an unspecified multi year deal because he drafted Aaron Rodgers almost a decade ago.

Message modified by user Friday, August 1, 2014 6:48:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 8:42:29 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 469

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post

Enjoy the division titles and playoff failures...I'm almost certain that's what you're going to see over the next several seasons minus the fact we might be caught and passed by other teams in the division who are actually teams and not just fronts for their greatest of all time candidate QB.

Before you said the Packers would not sniff another SB as long as Ted Thompson was around now you are only "almost certain" I knew you would come around eventually.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline uffda udfa  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 9:41:15 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Before you said the Packers would not sniff another SB as long as Ted Thompson was around now you are only "almost certain" I knew you would come around eventually.

No one knows the future... I would love to flash forward to the end of Aaron's career, and assuming we have no more SB appearances, what the take would be here? I think this has been touched on in the 17 page Ted Thompson thread but I really do. What excuses would be made, then, or would any be made? I have a feeling that the general consensus would be that "at least we got one" and "it's hard winning a championship, so we should be thankful"...yes, true, but a waste of what could've been. Why wait until then when you can see what's likely coming.

Why celebrate being "good"... greatness is just something that is not gunned for but is unexpected and a bonus? We have a "chance"... Man, Dumb and Dumber right through my mind.

The sad thing is we'll likely never get to see what another GM would've built around the greatest of all time. We'll just have to wonder what could've been.

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:33:34 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post

I am confused. Do you mean those 3 other teams in the NFC North that were handed the division on a silver platter last year, but were still unable to win the division at a measly 9-7? Those "actual" teams?
UserPostedImage
Offline uffda udfa  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 12:01:52 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
I am confused. Do you mean those 3 other teams in the NFC North that were handed the division on a silver platter last year, but were still unable to win the division at a measly 9-7? Those "actual" teams?

Yes, you are... It is 2014. Welcome, to THIS season. Get your divisional championship gear orders in, today!

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Rss Feed