Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 7/18/2016 1:25:29 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:09:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 758
Applause Received: 1,541
Not too many MASH units make the NFCCG, Uffda. The Niners are chock full of Top 15 picks. I would rather be a playoff team every year than have a decade of fielding dog shit. The Packers can make a run at Super Bowl every couple of years if things fall right for them. Ted Thompson has a lot to do with that, whether or not you think it is true or not.
Offline uffda udfa  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 5:22:58 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 233
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Not too many MASH units make the NFCCG, Uffda. The Niners are chock full of Top 15 picks. I would rather be a playoff team every year than have a decade of fielding dog shit. The Packers can make a run at Super Bowl every couple of years if things fall right for them. Ted Thompson has a lot to do with that, whether or not you think it is true or not.

It is true but ONLY because of Aaron Rodgers. No other reason. None.

Why so many can't get their heads around that baffles me. I think they really do but just like celebrating things for the sake of celebrating because they know Ted Thompson was GM when we won one so this must be a good thing.

Enjoy the division titles and playoff failures...I'm almost certain that's what you're going to see over the next several seasons minus the fact we might be caught and passed by other teams in the division who are actually teams and not just fronts for their greatest of all time candidate QB.

EDIT: Thank you, Tom Silverstein! At least someone is noticing...

Green Bay — Only four teams in the National Football League have used a first-round pick in each of the last three seasons on a defensive player.

Only one of those teams has gotten almost nothing out of it.

---You can guess which one... Hint: He recently signed an unspecified multi year deal because he drafted Aaron Rodgers almost a decade ago.
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 8:42:29 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 575
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post

Enjoy the division titles and playoff failures...I'm almost certain that's what you're going to see over the next several seasons minus the fact we might be caught and passed by other teams in the division who are actually teams and not just fronts for their greatest of all time candidate QB.

Before you said the Packers would not sniff another SB as long as Ted Thompson was around now you are only "almost certain" I knew you would come around eventually.

Offline uffda udfa  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 9:41:15 PM(UTC)

sschind said: Go to Quoted Post
Before you said the Packers would not sniff another SB as long as Ted Thompson was around now you are only "almost certain" I knew you would come around eventually.

No one knows the future... I would love to flash forward to the end of Aaron's career, and assuming we have no more SB appearances, what the take would be here? I think this has been touched on in the 17 page Ted Thompson thread but I really do. What excuses would be made, then, or would any be made? I have a feeling that the general consensus would be that "at least we got one" and "it's hard winning a championship, so we should be thankful"...yes, true, but a waste of what could've been. Why wait until then when you can see what's likely coming.

Why celebrate being "good"... greatness is just something that is not gunned for but is unexpected and a bonus? We have a "chance"... Man, Dumb and Dumber right through my mind.

The sad thing is we'll likely never get to see what another GM would've built around the greatest of all time. We'll just have to wonder what could've been.

Offline cheeseheads123  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:33:34 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 79
Applause Received: 158
uffda udfa said: Go to Quoted Post

I am confused. Do you mean those 3 other teams in the NFC North that were handed the division on a silver platter last year, but were still unable to win the division at a measly 9-7? Those "actual" teams?
Offline uffda udfa  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 12:01:52 PM(UTC)

cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
I am confused. Do you mean those 3 other teams in the NFC North that were handed the division on a silver platter last year, but were still unable to win the division at a measly 9-7? Those "actual" teams?

Yes, you are... It is 2014. Welcome, to THIS season. Get your divisional championship gear orders in, today!

Rss Feed