PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago
I think we are dealing with men who have been stretching their bodies for the majorities of their lives and nobody knows what their body does and does not need better than they do. We are all different and all our bodies react different.

Not warming up enough can cause injury, and warming up to much can also cause injury. Changing the routine can also positively or negatively effect a player.

I've always needed very little stretching even in my mid 40s and playing ball like I was in my mid 20's.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

I think we are dealing with men who have been stretching their bodies for the majorities of their lives and nobody knows what their body does and does not need better than they do. We are all different and all our bodies react different.

Not warming up enough can cause injury, and warming up to much can also cause injury. Changing the routine can also positively or negatively effect a player.

I've always needed very little stretching even in my mid 40s and playing ball like I was in my mid 20's.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I stretched a lot and most of it was static. I never pulled a muscle playing ball into my late 40s.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
steveishere
9 years ago

I stretched a lot and most of it was static. I never pulled a muscle playing ball into my late 40s.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

Same for me but I still injured my hamstrings all the freakin time.

sschind
9 years ago

Same for me but I still injured my hamstrings all the freakin time.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I'm telling ya, it was Mike McCarthy's fault.

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Love this answer from Vic today!

"It’s always been this way but the number of injuries/games lost to injury would seem to be increasing. It’s not limited to the Packers. Training camp reports throughout the league feature injuries to key players. I had mentioned either in this column or in my “Family Night” blog that ACL injuries have become commonplace. Once upon a time, a torn ACL was the death knell of a career. Heads bowed when it was revealed a player had torn his ACL. Evolution isn’t producing a weaker ACL; at least not that quickly. In my opinion, the size of players has exceeded the force the soft tissue of their bodies can endure. In my opinion, the game needs to get smaller and it’s my hope the league and its rules committee will start brainstorming rules changes that would make the game smaller. Or maybe this is the proper perspective: As long as the quarterback doesn’t get hurt, everything’s fine."
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/injuries 

Above is a list of all players injured so far this year.

The Packers seem to be in the middle, some teams are better off some are not.

Gonna check this at end of pre season games just to see where The Packers are at.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
9 years ago

Love this answer from Vic today!

"It’s always been this way but the number of injuries/games lost to injury would seem to be increasing. It’s not limited to the Packers. Training camp reports throughout the league feature injuries to key players. I had mentioned either in this column or in my “Family Night” blog that ACL injuries have become commonplace. Once upon a time, a torn ACL was the death knell of a career. Heads bowed when it was revealed a player had torn his ACL. Evolution isn’t producing a weaker ACL; at least not that quickly. In my opinion, the size of players has exceeded the force the soft tissue of their bodies can endure. In my opinion, the game needs to get smaller and it’s my hope the league and its rules committee will start brainstorming rules changes that would make the game smaller. Or maybe this is the proper perspective: As long as the quarterback doesn’t get hurt, everything’s fine."

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

The rationalizations are amazing. Yes, the Packers are in the middle of the pack, as far as injuries go, THIS year. Yes, ACLs are now "commonplace."

What do either of those have to do with the fact that this team is decimated year after year after year? We field a JV team every year in the playoffs, then bitch that Kaepernick "runs wild."
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

The rationalizations are amazing. Yes, the Packers are in the middle of the pack, as far as injuries go, THIS year. Yes, ACLs are now "commonplace."

What do either of those have to do with the fact that this team is decimated year after year after year? We field a JV team every year in the playoffs, then bitch that Kaepernick "runs wild."

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What are you going to do about last year?
The year before?
The year before that?

The Packers have made changes, introduced different programs, are utilizing a nutrionist expert for the 1st time this year.

Let's see how it works out, crying year after year about years gone by is pretty silly.

2010 The Packers were decimated by injuries and how did they do?

Just think, if The Packers sustain major injuries this year how Excited you will be to come on this forum and tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO".

The Packers haven't played a preseason game yet and you have them being decimated by injuries.

Jesus, try and enjoy a few games, will you.

nerdmann
9 years ago

What are you going to do about last year?
The year before?
The year before that?

The Packers have made changes, introduced different programs, are utilizing a nutrionist expert for the 1st time this year.

Let's see how it works out, crying year after year about years gone by is pretty silly.

2010 The Packers were decimated by injuries and how did they do?

Just think, if The Packers sustain major injuries this year how Excited you will be to come on this forum and tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO".

The Packers haven't played a preseason game yet and you have them being decimated by injuries.

Jesus, try and enjoy a few games, will you.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Injuries are good, because we won it all in 2010?

I suppose stat whoring is good too. Oh wait!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Injuries are good, because we won it all in 2010?

I suppose stat whoring is good too. Oh wait!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Damn, figure it out, they are doing everything they can, you say you are a damn doctor of some sort, get the hell up there and tell them what they are doing wrong.

No injuries aren't good, but they are not the only thing that determines whether a team wins or losses.

You are going to be in fucking heaven this year, because with the new rules, The packers better be able to put up 30+ points a game, that is just the way The NFL wants it.

You will call it stat-whoring,

The normal fan will realize that is what The NFL has become.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.