uffda udfa
9 years ago

We know you're going to be watching Ted Thompson to ensure he is doing things behind the scenes to validate his extension.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I want to see if Ted has splurged now that he got his extension and added a guy to clean his glasses like Jerry Jones. Oops, sorry... Ted Thompson is so cheap he doesn't even wear glasses even though he probably needs them. [grin1]

I would sit Lacy for almost the entire pre-season. No need to send him out there in pre-season. Other than the 3rd game, I would be very stingy with any playing time for any of our starters.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I want to see if Ted has splurged now that he got his extension and added a guy to clean his glasses like Jerry Jones. Oops, sorry... Ted Thompson is so cheap he doesn't even wear glasses even though he probably needs them. [grin1]

I would sit Lacy for almost the entire pre-season. No need to send him out there in pre-season. Other than the 3rd game, I would be very stingy with any playing time for any of our starters.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

UserPostedImage

[wasntme]
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

UserPostedImage

[wasntme]

Sunglasses? You're killin' me. Killin' me!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

gbguy20
9 years ago

I find stories like the "5 things to watch" or "What to watch for" mildly offensive. Are you kidding me? If you're a fan of this team, you know what to watch for without anyone telling you.

Those articles are written for people who don't follow football at all. To bring one over into a forum of savvy Packers followers is a little insulting, IMO. I guess I should be happy... as I wouldn't have any idea what I should be watching for if some guy from another website didn't tell me.

The thread about what you wanted to focus on is different as it points out to everyone what things are important, or of interest, to individual fans.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It's amazing how easy to dislike you really are.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

It's amazing how easy to dislike you really are.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

About as amazing as it is multiple websites would have to tell a fan what to watch as if they don't know, and if they don't, they aren't really fans in the first place. A story like that has no business on a Packers forum. Put it on a site like "newtofootball.com" but not here.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I like the things to watch comments. I like to see what others feel are important to see. I am sure we all have our own, but the same can be said about opinions, yet we share those freely.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

I like the things to watch comments. I like to see what others feel are important to see. I am sure we all have our own, but the same can be said about opinions, yet we share those freely.

But you don't understand. This article is TELLING me what I MUST watch for. I really wanted to watch to see if the long snapper position was up for grabs and I wanted to see if James Starks was still going to be a running back or if they were going to switch him to holder for extra points. I was looking forward to seeing if the defense still lined up on the opposite side of the ball than the offense and I was really excited to be able to see if the refs were still using whistles. Instead, I have to watch for the 5 things this article says I have to watch for. My free will has been taken away. In fact I am not even watching the game. I was so infuriated by the notion that I had to watch these 5 things that I decided to put my foot down. I refuse to allow some article writer tell me what I have to watch for. I would rather not watch the game than be told what I have to watch for.

If only the writer had said "5 things I will be watching for" or "5 things I think are important" That simple change to the title of the article would still have allowed me to watch the things I wanted to watch for while giving me some ideas as to some other things that HE thinks are important that I may have missed.

I wish these writers of opinion pieces would go out of their way to tell me they are writing their opinion. That way I would know that I could feel free to look upon their writings as suggestions rather than dictates that I have no choice but to follow. Some of us need it spelled out you know, we can't figure it out on our own that they are opinions.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

But you don't understand. This article is TELLING me what I MUST watch for. I really wanted to watch to see if the long snapper position was up for grabs and I wanted to see if James Starks was still going to be a running back or if they were going to switch him to holder for extra points. I was looking forward to seeing if the defense still lined up on the opposite side of the ball than the offense and I was really excited to be able to see if the refs were still using whistles. Instead, I have to watch for the 5 things this article says I have to watch for. My free will has been taken away. In fact I am not even watching the game. I was so infuriated by the notion that I had to watch these 5 things that I decided to put my foot down. I refuse to allow some article writer tell me what I have to watch for. I would rather not watch the game than be told what I have to watch for.

If only the writer had said "5 things I will be watching for" or "5 things I think are important" That simple change to the title of the article would still have allowed me to watch the things I wanted to watch for while giving me some ideas as to some other things that HE thinks are important that I may have missed.

I wish these writers of opinion pieces would go out of their way to tell me they are writing their opinion. That way I would know that I could feel free to look upon their writings as suggestions rather than dictates that I have no choice but to follow. Some of us need it spelled out you know, we can't figure it out on our own that they are opinions.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I like it! Bring that passion... mock my intelligence. The difference may be subtle to you but to me it's ridiculous to post one of those articles on a site like this. Plus, it was from "Lombardi Avenue" no less making it even less relevant.

If I typed a post titled, "5 Things to Watch For", that would be a little presumptive of me. Who am I to tell you, a fan who understands the game, what you should be watching for? If I said, "5 Things I'm Watching For" the meaning is completely changed. I have taken it from what you should do to my opinion. World's apart.

It is further funny that what bothers me, bothers you because it bothers me. That's even greater stuff right there.

Can't wait until next week so I can learn the 5 new things I should be watching for. Some guy who has never been an athlete in his life and has followed this team for less years than I have surely has the answers. A wives club who is trying to get into football to support their husbands passion is one thing, but posting those articles here is a bit insulting. No place or need for them here. We know what to watch for. We know what TC battles are taking place and where we're deficient as a team. IF we're fans who actually pay attention to this team.

UserPostedImage

evad04
9 years ago
Somewhere in there I think uffda is a good guy. But much like how McCarthy's earned detractors based on style points (or rather, lack of style) at his pressers, uffda's made few friends with his delivery.

You're clearly a knowledgeable fan. But it seems you're trying too hard to be a villain. Or a hotshot Packer maven. Or a, I don't know, a dude who flies against the grain because the band's first album is way better than the rest.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Somewhere in there I think uffda is a good guy. But much like how McCarthy's earned detractors based on style points (or rather, lack of style) at his pressers, uffda's made few friends with his delivery.

You're clearly a knowledgeable fan. But it seems you're trying too hard to be a villain. Or a hotshot Packer maven. Or a, I don't know, a dude who flies against the grain because the band's first album is way better than the rest.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

Not really going for the villain. I would just say that I'm incompatible. My perspective is very different. That doesn't mean it's better... just different. Personally, I enjoy the eccentrics in life who are different...those who don't really fit and are unique due to their awkwardness. I also enjoy running across people who happen to share my different perspective.

The hotshot Packer maven is an interesting allegation. I see a lot of wannabes in reference to guys on boards like these who posit themselves that way and it's a big pet peeve of mine. If I come across as if I think I'm a big hotshot then I've become the very thing I hate. I would hope that my disdain for some of the things I can't stand isn't perceived that way. Nobody should ever let themselves be defined by typing on a message board regarding a meaningless game.

Against the grain works for me... I surely do that. I just don't like the grain so of course I'd be going against it.

Do you really believe an article about what we should be watching for should be posted among savvy Packers followers? I don't. It bothers me to a certain degree...I certainly don't lose it over it but for fun I blasted those types of articles. I would hope I never see another on this site.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.