DoddPower
9 years ago
Hello all. I thought I'd make a post to see if any posters here have had any experience with this issue. My fiance recently noticed some swelling in her arm and numbness. We went to the doctor. They suspected a blood clot, so they sent us to the emergency room. She eventually received a CT scan, and they discover about a 4x4 inch mass inside her chest. It's in between her lungs right under her sternum. It likely originated from her thymus gland. We were transferred four hours away to an advanced hospital in San Jose, CA. We have been here for almost two weeks getting various lab tests, blood thinners, etc. She does have blot clots all the way up her right arm and in her neck chest area. But they finally diagnosed the mass and it turns out she has Hodgkin's Lymphoma (a form of cancer). We aren't sure what stage yet. She has been poked and prodded like crazy, and now she has a pick line installed that will remain throughout the treatment.

She is being scheduled for six months of chemotherapy and five weeks of radiation therapy. She is only 33 years old, very healthy, cooks all her own food, and just an overall amazing and cheerful person. We have been told that Hodgkin's Lymphoma is one of the most treatable forms of cancer, and her long term prognosis actually looks pretty good, but one never knows. Either way, it's going to be a very long seven months. We are also very concerned about her becoming infertile, as we were hoping to start a family soon. Tough times.

So my question is, does anyone have experience with Hodgkin's Lymphoma? How did the treatment go and how is the affected person now? Any advice you could offer would be very much appreciated, because we have absolutely no idea what to expect yet. She starts her first dose of chemo tomorrow.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!!
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The only experience I know about Hodgkins is Mario LeMieux. Read his story if you haven't. I think Troy might be the best to offer up advice on this subject.

I wish for this be swift and painfree for you and your family.

UserPostedImage
Dulak
9 years ago
I don't know much about Hodgkin's Lymphoma but if it were me.

I would do this:

- Start by removing all stressors to the body as far food toxins
- Look into gerson therapy and buy a few books
Main premise revolves around juicing/enemas/and other supplements - I would at least look into juicing and some of the supplements.
- Iodine - in the past Iodine was used to kill cancer - lugals solution is a great way to take it. (make sure not allergic too)
- wahls protocol for curing MS - has a lot of great suggestions as far as ways of eating.
- cruciform veggies are good for anti cancer - ie kale, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage etc ...

There are a lot of different diets out there that promote healing - many suggest to cut out certain types of food because it is suggested they are harmful - grains, nightshades and of course all processed and sugars.

GL

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
Sorry to here this Dodd. I have no experience other than I too heard they are pretty successful in treating which is encouraging. but if I were you/her I wouldn't want to just be a number.

Keep us informed as to her progress.

God bless you both.

Here is to a house full of little dodds pattering around.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago
Well Dodd, I'm very sorry to hear this. There's no nice way to say cancer sucks, in any form. My daughter had a cancerous brain tumor. They removed the tumor, she then did 7 weeks of extensive radiation on her head and spine, and then when we finally got her home from Mayo - we began a regiment of 10 rounds of chemo, which took a year.

This process of chemo and radiation will change your lives, but through it all you become closer and stronger. I'm told cancer treatment is harder on adults than children, so if I were you guys, I'd really look into the medical marijuana for some pain relief.

I don't know much about Hodgkins, but chemo and radiation really don't vary much. Your fiance' is going to be weaker physically and probably going to lose her hair. Mostly though, she's going to really need you.

Good luck and PM me anything you want to talk about. Go look up some of those old Mia threads if you like.

Again, sorry man - luckily you found it early which is most important with the treatment.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
Dodd, I'm so sorry to hear this. The "c" word is always scary. Please give my best to her and let her know Cheesey will be praying for her. (And you).
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago
I am very sorry to hear that she is having to go through all this. We will keep her in our prayers. I don't have any expiriance dealing with Hodgekins.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
yooperfan
9 years ago
Best wishes to you and your fiance Dodd.
And good Luck.
4PackGirl
9 years ago
Oh my gosh - you two hold on tight to each other, accept help when offered, & be ready for anything. You mmight want to ask about harvesting some of her eggs if you're really concerned about future doddles. They can freeze them & she could have IVF later on. You're in my prayers.
DoddPower
9 years ago
Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Needless to say, it's already been tough. There are simply too many errands and responsibilities for me to mostly do on my own while working a demanding full time job. I very rarely only work 40 hours a week. We did receive some good news that the cancer is only Stage 1B. That's the lowest stage and the "B" just means there has been some fever and weight loss, which is worse than a designation of "A," but still not a huge deal. It's still a very big tumor in a very bad spot, but at least it hasn't spread.

She has had one dose of chemotherapy. Only 11 more to go over the next 6 months, and then 5 weeks of radiation. No doubt this means a life change, at least during the treatment. Hopefully we can make it through it without losing our minds.

There's nothing "fair" about life, that's for sure. Just have to take the punched in stride and fight through it.
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (7h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (7h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (7h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (18h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
    beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
    wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
    Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
    Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    5h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.