uffda udfa
9 years ago

As far as I am concerned, bust is a dirty word. Even the national media, whose opinions change by the second don't use the B word for years. As far as I can tell Datone is a good kid who had 3.5 sacks his rookie year. Including 2 in one game against the NFC East champion Eagles. I come to this forum to support MY GREEN BAY PACKERS. If I want to bash 21 year old kids ill go to a Vikings forum.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

I don't come here to support my Green Bay Packers...you should join a fan club or something if that's what you're after. I come here to talk about the Green Bay Packers. Different perspective. I'm not in the kool aid club. I like real talk...real issues. I have strong opinions just like you but my agenda isn't to support the Packers...it's to give honest feedback based on what I see. I like Josh Boyd, I don't like Datone Jones. Balance. I don't rah rah for both of them. Now, I sure hope Datone develops but I don't believe he will. We are NOT going to cut him as a 1st rounder from last year. I'm not going as far as clamoring for that. I could be wrong. I don't believe I am...I've moved from the fence on Datone to the side that says he's not going to be a player. Most of you are on the fence because you sure can't think much of that guy at this point no matter how supportive you think you are or wish to be. It isn't reality.

The forum you advocate is located in Stepford. This isn't Stepford.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

voiceofreason
9 years ago
I live in Wisconsin boy. Not Stepford and sure as hell not Texas. Datone had 3.5 sacks his rookie year. you act like he completely shat the bed.
blank
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I live in Wisconsin boy. Not Stepford and sure as hell not Texas. Datone had 3.5 sacks his rookie year. you act like he completely shat the bed.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

You live in Wisconsin? And...? I grew up there. And...? Jairus Wynn had a multiple sack game against the Bears a few years ago. Do you know where he is now?

Here's what I know... our 1st rounder was on the sideline while our 6th rounder was in games making plays because our 6th rounder was better than our 1st rounder. You can spin that if you'd like. I know you're supportive. I'd rather talk about reality.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

jlyons043
9 years ago
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000361852/Datone-Jones-Highlights 

Video of all Datone's sacks.

His first sack was a coverage sack. Datone drops back and McCown had no one open so he attempts to run but falls down and Jones was the first guy to touch him and gets awarded the sack.

His Second sack was almost the same thing as the first. Good coverage down field with Jones basically playing spy and Foles has nowhere to go and tries to run. Luckily for Datone, Foles is slower than crap and had no shot of getting away.

3rd Sack is the most impressive and something I hope to see more of. Easily Datone's best play of year. He really overpowers one of the best LT's in the game on this play.

His "3.5th" sack, Clay comes up the middle and forces Romo to try and run off, too bad for Romo because Jones was right there.

Again he had one really nice play vs Jason Peters but the rest of his "sacks" are pretty meh.
voiceofreason
9 years ago
657 people have viewed this topic. Come on guys and gals, log in and show some support for Datone "the beast" jones. Or bash him. Either way it will be fun I swear.
blank
nerdmann
9 years ago

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000361852/Datone-Jones-Highlights

Video of all Datone's sacks.

His first sack was a coverage sack. Datone drops back and McCown had no one open so he attempts to run but falls down and Jones was the first guy to touch him and gets awarded the sack.

His Second sack was almost the same thing as the first. Good coverage down field with Jones basically playing spy and Foles has nowhere to go and tries to run. Luckily for Datone, Foles is slower than crap and had no shot of getting away.

3rd Sack is the most impressive and something I hope to see more of. Easily Datone's best play of year. He really overpowers one of the best LT's in the game on this play.

His "3.5th" sack, Clay comes up the middle and forces Romo to try and run off, too bad for Romo because Jones was right there.

Again he had one really nice play vs Jason Peters but the rest of his "sacks" are pretty meh.

Originally Posted by: jlyons043 

3.5 sacks in very few snaps. If he plays 2/3 snaps he'll at least double his sack total.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I dig the conversation it's creating but I still feel the question is one season pre-mature.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
jlyons043
9 years ago

I dig the conversation it's creating but I still feel the question is one season pre-mature.

Agreed. I'd much rather read everyone's thoughts on guys like Perry and Worthy. Anyone in here feel these 2 guys are busts right now?
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Agreed. I'd much rather read everyone's thoughts on guys like Perry and Worthy. Anyone in here feel these 2 guys are busts right now?

Originally Posted by: jlyons043 

I like Perry's abilities but question his heart. Worthy was a worry from the moment we drafted him. Two guys who have been injured way too much. Worthy did not look good as a rook. Perry had his moments and was adjusting from DE to OLB so I can give him some grace for the transition. Worthy is set to be another monumental failure as another high draft choice. Our D is bad in large part to TT's inability to draft DL. He's not been very good in that area...or finding a complement to Clay Matthews. It's shameful Clay has been here these years and we have yet to find a decent piece opposite him. A major Ted Thompson failing.

Worthy is a bust I would say... Perry is not there...too many injuries and position switch. This is make or break for both.

UserPostedImage

OlHoss1884
9 years ago
I never label a guy with injury problems as a "bust" but I am disappointed with Worthy since he has never been healthy.

Something you guys have glossed over in your back and forth sniping is that you can't judge a 3-4 DE the same way you do a 4-3 guy. It's a different role and much closer to a traditional DT. The numbers from a 3-4 DE are going to look a lot more like Santana Dotson than Reggie White., The big sacks, etc. come from the OLB.

The only 3-4 end that comes to mind when I think of great pass rushers is Bruce Smith, and he is very much the exception.

Most of the time, no one even knows who the 3-4 end is even on a ghreat defense. Think of some of those great Steeler, Ravens and Giants defenses that ran 3-4 and tell me who the DE were.

I expect progress this year from Jones, but I am not expecting double digit sacks, nor should I.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.