Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<23456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 11:30:48 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Worried about Worthy. Could they try stashing him on IR again like they did last year? The fact that he hurt his back lifting weights is rather ominous.


Easily treated.

Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline StarrMax1  
#47 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 11:57:27 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 5/9/2014(UTC)
Location: Toledo

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 84

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason Go to Quoted Post
657 people have viewed this topic. Come on guys and gals, log in and show some support for Datone "the beast" jones. Or bash him. Either way it will be fun I swear.


650 of the 657 people who have viewed this thread have no desire to interact with the creator of said thread.

Why?

Simple they have learned , or soon will learn, subject and content does not matter, these threads are created just to show everyone here how much more superior the creator is than anyone else on these forums, and believe me when I say this, at some point as some continue to feed the troll, this thread will turn into a "we are all blinded by our green and gold glasses, and Ted Thompson is the worst GM in the league and it's unbelievable that he gets so much support"

Any knowledgeable fan realizes you can't judge a player after 1 year and 1 preseason game.

Especially when said player was injured the 1st preseason game of his rookie year. which set his 1st year development behind.

The problem since "The Creator" has already deemed him a bust, he will continue to bash him at any chance, because he is always right and anyone else is wrong.



thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 8/11/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#48 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 12:48:44 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post
650 of the 657 people who have viewed this thread have no desire to interact with the creator of said thread.

Why?

Simple they have learned , or soon will learn, subject and content does not matter, these threads are created just to show everyone here how much more superior the creator is than anyone else on these forums, and believe me when I say this, at some point as some continue to feed the troll, this thread will turn into a "we are all blinded by our green and gold glasses, and Ted Thompson is the worst GM in the league and it's unbelievable that he gets so much support"

Any knowledgeable fan realizes you can't judge a player after 1 year and 1 preseason game.

Especially when said player was injured the 1st preseason game of his rookie year. which set his 1st year development behind.

The problem since "The Creator" has already deemed him a bust, he will continue to bash him at any chance, because he is always right and anyone else is wrong.






Not exactly correct. People who view may well have already made a comment. They may come back to read more of the replies but don't always post another comment right away. They can do so later when they have more time. Not everyone who views and then doesn't immediately follow up with a comment is a lurker. The lack of comments probably has nothing to do with uffda udfa Offline creating this thread. I rather link it that he is willing to look outside the norm. There are a few on here who do, like nerdmann. That is one of the reason I come here is to see what other perspectives are. If I didn't want that I would read the AP homogenized version of an issue.

Kudos to jlyons043 Offline for posting.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline evad04  
#49 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 3:37:06 PM(UTC)
evad04

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/10/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 75
Applause Received: 132

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Easily treated.

Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan


This is why we can't have nice things, folks.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline voiceofreason  
#50 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:40:00 PM(UTC)
voiceofreason

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/4/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 33

People should realize that every packers fan opinion is important and valued. I felt I would be in the majority thinking that Datone should be given more time, and reached out for support. I am a notorious lurker. As pointed out by another member previously I only have 60 some posts but have been a member since 2009. I have been a member of too many forums that devolved into pure bashfests, and I have no desire to see this one go that way. We have much to be happy and excited for as packer fans. I recommend cherishing these moments because all good things come to an end eventually.
blank
Offline uffda udfa  
#51 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:09:18 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
I never label a guy with injury problems as a "bust" but I am disappointed with Worthy since he has never been healthy.

Something you guys have glossed over in your back and forth sniping is that you can't judge a 3-4 DE the same way you do a 4-3 guy. It's a different role and much closer to a traditional DT. The numbers from a 3-4 DE are going to look a lot more like Santana Dotson than Reggie White., The big sacks, etc. come from the OLB.

The only 3-4 end that comes to mind when I think of great pass rushers is Bruce Smith, and he is very much the exception.

Most of the time, no one even knows who the 3-4 end is even on a ghreat defense. Think of some of those great Steeler, Ravens and Giants defenses that ran 3-4 and tell me who the DE were.

I expect progress this year from Jones, but I am not expecting double digit sacks, nor should I.


You don't live in Wisconsin, apparently. JJ Watt? Think Big Grin

I have defended Worthy previously about him not being a bust due to injury concerns. Is Franklin a bust? I would've said...NO and NO. Franklin was incredible vs. Cincinnati. That was his only real opportunity as a RB for us and he nailed it, well, save for the game losing fumble. Face. Palm.

Worthy is an insanely likeable personality. If there is a guy I'd want to succeed for us, it'd probably be him. He didn't play very well year one, and now he has other issues. A guy who didn't play well when he did play...got hurt...then got hurt again and may likely never be the same because of his injuries is a bust to me because what we did see from him wasn't anything especially for where he was selected.

Perry has shown some incredible power... he's a strong dude who is clueless on how to play OLB after playing DE in college. I blame our org for projecting him improperly. He is supposed to be one our elephant ends this year ala KGB, so hopefully that ignites his career. I don't see the same hope for Worthy...he isn't going to be moved to a more natural position for him like Perry.

It is sad that Perry, Worthy and Jones ...3 very high picks are all failures as of this point. How badly does that affect our defensive performance? If just one of them would've been a solid player it would've helped a ton. Batting 0-3 there hurts.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:22:40 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
You don't live in Wisconsin, apparently. JJ Watt? Think Big Grin

I have defended Worthy previously about him not being a bust due to injury concerns. Is Franklin a bust? I would've said...NO and NO. Franklin was incredible vs. Cincinnati. That was his only real opportunity as a RB for us and he nailed it, well, save for the game losing fumble. Face. Palm.

Worthy is an insanely likeable personality. If there is a guy I'd want to succeed for us, it'd probably be him. He didn't play very well year one, and now he has other issues. A guy who didn't play well when he did play...got hurt...then got hurt again and may likely never be the same because of his injuries is a bust to me because what we did see from him wasn't anything especially for where he was selected.

Perry has shown some incredible power... he's a strong dude who is clueless on how to play OLB after playing DE in college. I blame our org for projecting him improperly. He is supposed to be one our elephant ends this year ala KGB, so hopefully that ignites his career. I don't see the same hope for Worthy...he isn't going to be moved to a more natural position for him like Perry.

It is sad that Perry, Worthy and Jones ...3 very high picks are all failures as of this point. How badly does that affect our defensive performance? If just one of them would've been a solid player it would've helped a ton. Batting 0-3 there hurts.


C'mon tell us who's fault it is, c'mon, you know you are dying to say it.

Someone as smart as you say you are should realize it takes time for players to develope.

But since waiting for the season to play out doesn't fit your agenda, I guess we will all have to be subject to your constant bashing of the organization and the GM of the team you say you love so much.

Keep the fun coming!!!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
beast on 8/12/2014(UTC), voiceofreason on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Offline beast  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:37:55 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 295


The simple answer is still, "HECK NO!!" ... it's stupid to give up on someone going into their second year unless they looked like complete crap that didn't even deserve to make the roster last year (aka QB Brohm)...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
voiceofreason on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:42:31 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post
650 of the 657 people who have viewed this thread have no desire to interact with the creator of said thread.

Why?

Simple they have learned , or soon will learn, subject and content does not matter, these threads are created just to show everyone here how much more superior the creator is than anyone else on these forums, and believe me when I say this, at some point as some continue to feed the troll, this thread will turn into a "we are all blinded by our green and gold glasses, and Ted Thompson is the worst GM in the league and it's unbelievable that he gets so much support"

Any knowledgeable fan realizes you can't judge a player after 1 year and 1 preseason game.

Especially when said player was injured the 1st preseason game of his rookie year. which set his 1st year development behind.

The problem since "The Creator" has already deemed him a bust, he will continue to bash him at any chance, because he is always right and anyone else is wrong.


Care to revisit this in light of Jerel Worthy?

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline StarrMax1  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:09:14 PM(UTC)
StarrMax1

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 5/9/2014(UTC)
Location: Toledo

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 84

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
Care to revisit this in light of Jerel Worthy?



Revisit what?

Oh I see, you are just happy as hell because Worthy was injured and Ted has decided to move on after one year.

Well congratulations, you got your wish.

Which player or players drafted this year do you hope get injured and have their Packer careers cut short just so you can come on this forum and keep running your mouth?

Clinton Dix?, Adams?, Thornton?, R. Rodgers?

Pretty sad, that you hope for injuries to try and convince others that Ted Thompson is bringing The Packer nation down.

I'll stick with Teds decisions, thank you very much.



thanks Post received 1 applause.
voiceofreason on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Offline uffda udfa  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:18:40 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post
Revisit what?

Oh I see, you are just happy as hell because Worthy was injured and Ted has decided to move on after one year.

Well congratulations, you got your wish.

Which player or players drafted this year do you hope get injured and have their Packer careers cut short just so you can come on this forum and keep running your mouth?

Clinton Dix?, Adams?, Thornton?, R. Rodgers?

Pretty sad, that you hope for injuries to try and convince others that Ted Thompson is bringing The Packer nation down.

I'll stick with Teds decisions, thank you very much.



It never ceases to amaze me how you keep this up. 24 hours ago you were slamming me and talking abou how dumb it would be to give up on a guy after one year... BOOM! What happens? Your hero gives up on a 2nd rounder who played one full year in Green Bay. Gone.

So, what body of evidence did we base this move on from Worthy off of? Hmmm... I believe the answer would be one year on the field. Yet, in this post, you and others are going bonkers about me suggesting that it might be time to call Datone a B U S T. I state my opinion I believe it's time. Hammered. Just hammered for it.

Today, TT, releases a guy with less than one full year of on field service. He started FOUR games... DONE. GONE.

Please, write or call Ted Thompson and complain he didn't do it the Packer way and give him 3 full years to develop. That is what I keep hearing here...the same old mantras spouted in defense of TT's philosophy. I will continue to cite example after example of the fallacy that is fed to the Packer faithful. Just go back and read his comments from the shareholder's meeting... the draft THIS YEAR was about WINNING NOW. LMAO. Right. Sure. Okay. I honestly can't believe the deference given to our GM because he's a GM. It's like the guy is infallible because he's the GM of the Packers. He utters an outright LIE and the sycophants quickly chime in to defend. It's odd, really.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:28:50 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 351

The bickering is useless. We got Jones and Boyd and Worthy became expendable. We knew he wasn't making the cut this year anyway so who cares?

And every year can be about winning now when you have a quarterback as good as Aaron Rodgers. There's no time like the present fellas.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline StarrMax1  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:34:54 PM(UTC)
StarrMax1

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 5/9/2014(UTC)
Location: Toledo

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 84

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post
It never ceases to amaze me how you keep this up. 24 hours ago you were slamming me and talking abou how dumb it would be to give up on a guy after one year... BOOM! What happens? Your hero gives up on a 2nd rounder who played one full year in Green Bay. Gone.

So, what body of evidence did we base this move on from Worthy off of? Hmmm... I believe the answer would be one year on the field. Yet, in this post, you and others are going bonkers about me suggesting that it might be time to call Datone a B U S T. I state my opinion I believe it's time. Hammered. Just hammered for it.

Today, TT, releases a guy with less than one full year of on field service. He started FOUR games... DONE. GONE.

Please, write or call Ted Thompson and complain he didn't do it the Packer way and give him 3 full years to develop. That is what I keep hearing here...the same old mantras spouted in defense of TT's philosophy. I will continue to cite example after example of the fallacy that is fed to the Packer faithful. Just go back and read his comments from the shareholder's meeting... the draft THIS YEAR was about WINNING NOW. LMAO. Right. Sure. Okay. I honestly can't believe the deference given to our GM because he's a GM. It's like the guy is infallible because he's the GM of the Packers. He utters an outright LIE and the sycophants quickly chime in to defend. It's odd, really.


There ya go, off on another rant, completely off topic.

The only reason Worthy is gone is because he couldn't stay on the field.

I think it's a shame, because Jerel showed talent.

You on the other hand use his injury as one of your many examples of "the fallacy that is fed to The Packer faithfull"

Again pretty damn sad.
Offline uffda udfa  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:39:06 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/25/2014(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 Go to Quoted Post
There ya go, off on another rant, completely off topic.

The only reason Worthy is gone is because he couldn't stay on the field.

I think it's a shame, because Jerel showed talent.

You on the other hand use his injury as one of your many examples of "the fallacy that is fed to The Packer faithfull"

Again pretty damn sad.


Sure. That is why Derek Sherrod is still here.

I do agree that Jerel showed talent...in COLLEGE.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:40:19 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 351

Not a fan of the ranting. I can only handle it in small doses.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.675 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
33m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

33m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Random Babble / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

14h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

16h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.