Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#51 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:49:09 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Boykin has shown he's fast enough to get deep. I don't consider him a speed blazer though.

His main asset is his size. Hands too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/15/2014(UTC)
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#52 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 9:18:34 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 160

Let's move on. Enough childishness.
Offline sschind  
#53 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 11:46:11 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

I am not sure if all this arguing in Boykin's favor is meant to elevate him to a status he has yet to achieve or what. He was a decent #3 receiver last season and right now he is nothing more than that. The Packers have 2 receivers that are in the top 15 in the league for sure, you might even be able to argue for the top 10 (not sure I would but I would listen to your arguments) but that is really it. The thing is they may not need more than that. Maybe having two stud receivers and a bunch of average guys will be enough. I hope it is because for now, slow, fast or in between, that is what we have.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 8/11/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 8/11/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#54 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 12:52:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,147
Applause Received: 1,517

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I am not sure if all this arguing in Boykin's favor is meant to elevate him to a status he has yet to achieve or what. He was a decent #3 receiver last season and right now he is nothing more than that. The Packers have 2 receivers that are in the top 15 in the league for sure, you might even be able to argue for the top 10 (not sure I would but I would listen to your arguments) but that is really it. The thing is they may not need more than that. Maybe having two stud receivers and a bunch of average guys will be enough. I hope it is because for now, slow, fast or in between, that is what we have.


With 2 stud receivers that will give the "average" ones more opportunities. If they run their routes and catch the ball they will have solid numbers no matter it hey are #3,4 or 5 on the depth chart. There is plenty of Aaron to go around.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 12:57:17 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,967
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I am not sure if all this arguing in Boykin's favor is meant to elevate him to a status he has yet to achieve or what. He was a decent #3 receiver last season and right now he is nothing more than that. The Packers have 2 receivers that are in the top 15 in the league for sure, you might even be able to argue for the top 10 (not sure I would but I would listen to your arguments) but that is really it. The thing is they may not need more than that. Maybe having two stud receivers and a bunch of average guys will be enough. I hope it is because for now, slow, fast or in between, that is what we have.


Two WR that are in the top 15? Did the Packers make a trade that I am not aware of??

Jordy Nelson and ... ???
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#56 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 1:25:40 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,147
Applause Received: 1,517

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Two WR that are in the top 15? Did the Packers make a trade that I am not aware of??

Jordy Nelson and ... ???


Cobb son. Cobb.

Walters #7 and 11

ESPN #7 & 10

FOX #10 & 9


These are the first 3 I looked at. I don't care what happened last year. I only care what people think this year will be like.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline musccy  
#57 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 2:51:56 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Cobb son. Cobb.
FOX #10 & 9


These are the first 3 I looked at. I don't care what happened last year. I only care what people think this year will be like.


I find it interesting that Boykin is ranked above Jennings and James Jones in the Fox rankings. Obviously those are just guesstimated projections, but interesting that non-Packer fans don't anticipate Greg and James and their 9 and 3 million dollar contracts to outperform a UDFA making about 570k this year.
Offline wpr  
#58 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:04:00 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,147
Applause Received: 1,517

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I find it interesting that Boykin is ranked above Jennings and James Jones in the Fox rankings. Obviously those are just guesstimated projections, but interesting that non-Packer fans don't anticipate Greg and James and their 9 and 3 million dollar contracts to outperform a UDFA making about 570k this year.


I think it is more respect of Rodgers than anything else.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline voiceofreason  
#59 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:44:30 PM(UTC)
voiceofreason

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 4/4/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 33

I don't think Boykin should be ranked ahead of Jennings, or Jones. My only point was that Boykin is a lock to start the season as our number 3, barring injury or off field trouble. That was it.
blank
Offline wpr  
#60 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:50:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,147
Applause Received: 1,517

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason Go to Quoted Post
I don't think Boykin should be ranked ahead of Jennings, or Jones. My only point was that Boykin is a lock to start the season as our number 3, barring injury or off field trouble. That was it.


I don't think he should be rated above them either. That is why I said those that rank him ahead of Jennings or Jones are out of respect of Aaron.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<4567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / gotarace

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob