Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online cheeseheads123  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 3:21:12 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 69
Applause Received: 113

I guess I am one of the few who likes the new PAT rule. It provides excitement and goosebumps! I like that!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 6:20:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

The two question marks I had going in were Tretter and Sherrod. I thought they both played really well! Should either Bacteria or Bulaga go down, we have a capable backup. Which leads me to a question, is Bahktiari's best position guard? He's a little short for the LT position.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:45:09 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 417

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
I guess I am one of the few who likes the new PAT rule. It provides excitement and goosebumps! I like that!

I like it. Its still pretty damned likely but it's not as automatic and I could see a few more two point tries especially in games where weather is a strong factor.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:54:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
The two question marks I had going in were Tretter and Sherrod. I thought they both played really well! Should either Bacteria or Bulaga go down, we have a capable backup. Which leads me to a question, is Bahktiari's best position guard? He's a little short for the LT position.

f*ck that. Linsley can back up anywhere on the inside. Then there's also Lane Taylor.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Offline hardrocker950  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 9:21:34 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 66
Applause Received: 74

Originally Posted by: shield4life Go to Quoted Post
If you can please enlighten me why would we cut a 24 year old that can be groomed to be a decent WR in the league?

Weather wasn't that great in this game, team never got into a groove. I'm sure the kid will groom up to be better then you expect. I don't think he sucks, I don't think his good either "a lot of work to be put in" well but for whatever the reason is I see something in him. I ain't ready to part ways with him yet that's all I'm saying.

Anyone else see some light at the end of the tunnel for this kid or it's only me?

I know what you mean. He can make plays, but lacks consistency. He surely has some upside to him, but he needs to be able to catch the ball regularly. I have been pulling for the guy with hopes that he will put it all together.
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 10:06:19 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

All the centers played well. Even Gerhart.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 10:19:05 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned elsewhere it was tough to judge in the weather but here's a few things I saw from Saturday's game

1) Tolzien can hit his targets
2) Starks looks fast
3) The O-Line and WR all did a good job of staying on their blocks
4) Our secondary looked a lot less lost than last year.
5) I know it was raining like all hell but CATCH THE DAMNED KICK

I like the new extra point thing, I hope they eventually go with it

I thought Tolzien improved in that he saw the open receiver. But his accuracy wasn't very good. I don't know if it was the rain, but he made what should have been easy catches very difficult. Some were dropped in spite of being catchable and some were actually caught.

The Quarless drop and the one by Harper in the extra point were poor throws. The big catch by Harper was over the wrong shoulder and forced him to spin around to make a great play on the ball. Getting it to the receiver is good, but hitting them in stride makes for a lot more YAC and a lot fewer drops.

He was also late on his throws to the outside. The receivers came out of their breaks and had to wait for the ball. If the DBs had been starters, they would have been knocked away or worse. He made those plays closer than they should have been. In a real game, you can't be that late with your throws.

He didn't look as sharp as his stats would suggest.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline OlHoss1884  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 11:44:27 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 159

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
f*ck that. Linsley can back up anywhere on the inside. Then there's also Lane Taylor.

Actually Bakhtiari was drafted to be a versatile backup as well. While I don't see the line as all that outstanding, it IS deep and I am not worried about it going to pieces if someone goes down.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
sschind on 8/13/2014(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:21:54 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Which leads me to a question, is Bahktiari's best position guard? He's a little short for the LT position.

No.

Offline beast  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:45:44 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

I agree with nerdmann and would say, "So what?!?" to Bahktiari being shorter... I don't give two sh*ts about who's taller... I want the better player to play and right now they have Bahktiari as the starter and I assume there is a very good reason for that.

If you're gonna move someone move the back-up... not the starter.

And I don't think Bahktiari is physical enough for OG, just like Sherrod (as a rookie) wasn't physical enough for OG.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline sschind  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 417

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
Actually Bakhtiari was drafted to be a versatile backup as well. While I don't see the line as all that outstanding, it IS deep and I am not worried about it going to pieces if someone goes down.

The fact that he was able to step up and perform admirably when required to was simply a bonus for us. I don't think anyone would mind (except for him and his mom) if Bakhtiari was beat out by Sherrod for the starting LT job as long as it meant the best man for the job was on the field.

I also agree with the skill level of the line but I will go you one further which you simply may not have stated. I agree that it is not outstanding but it is not awful and I think more playing time will only make it better if they can stay together as a unit and I also agree with the depth. We seem to finally have backups at one position that are not starters at another so that one injury forces the shift of several players and that will be key for further consistency and development.

As far as height goes that was mentioned in another post I'd rather have a short man that could get the job done than a tall one who couldn't.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:13:46 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 351

Bahktiari has looked really good so far this year too. The sky is the limit for him. I truly believe he can and will be our franchise left tackle.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Dexter_Sinister on 8/13/2014(UTC)