musccy
9 years ago
This isn't necessarily directed towards Uffda, but is Johnathan Franklin a bust? Whether you think he is, or he isn't, shouldn't your "categorization" of Worthy and Sherrod be similar to this point?

As far as the importance of draft positioning, w/o looking, I can't tell you where Brooks, Newsome, Evans, Butler, Winters, Bennett, Levins, or Chmura were picked. However, that's my point. Wherever Datone or Boyd were picked, does it really matter so long as the job is getting done? No doubt that to this point Datone has been a let down, but if the job is getting done on the line (admittedly that's a big "if") it's not that big of a deal, especially with a cap number under 2 million.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
way too soon to make any kind of judgement.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

Worthy is a bust I would say... Perry is not there...too many injuries and position switch. This is make or break for both.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Worthy did ok his rookie year. Never really stood out, but didn't really suck.

Thing with him is, he got hurt at the end of that year, and so missed much of last year rehabbing the knee. Now he needs to get healthy and show he can get back at it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

Worthy did ok his rookie year. Never really stood out, but didn't really suck.

Thing with him is, he got hurt at the end of that year, and so missed much of last year rehabbing the knee. Now he needs to get healthy and show he can get back at it.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Worried about Worthy. Could they try stashing him on IR again like they did last year? The fact that he hurt his back lifting weights is rather ominous.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
musccy
9 years ago

Worried about Worthy. Could they try stashing him on IR again like they did last year? The fact that he hurt his back lifting weights is rather ominous.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I was thinking the same, and that it's probably the only way he "makes the team" this year. If I'm not mistaken he missed all of OTAs and now 2+ weeks of TC?
nerdmann
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Easily treated.

Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
StarrMax1
9 years ago

657 people have viewed this topic. Come on guys and gals, log in and show some support for Datone "the beast" jones. Or bash him. Either way it will be fun I swear.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

650 of the 657 people who have viewed this thread have no desire to interact with the creator of said thread.

Why?

Simple they have learned , or soon will learn, subject and content does not matter, these threads are created just to show everyone here how much more superior the creator is than anyone else on these forums, and believe me when I say this, at some point as some continue to feed the troll, this thread will turn into a "we are all blinded by our green and gold glasses, and Ted Thompson is the worst GM in the league and it's unbelievable that he gets so much support"

Any knowledgeable fan realizes you can't judge a player after 1 year and 1 preseason game.

Especially when said player was injured the 1st preseason game of his rookie year. which set his 1st year development behind.

The problem since "The Creator" has already deemed him a bust, he will continue to bash him at any chance, because he is always right and anyone else is wrong.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

650 of the 657 people who have viewed this thread have no desire to interact with the creator of said thread.

Why?

Simple they have learned , or soon will learn, subject and content does not matter, these threads are created just to show everyone here how much more superior the creator is than anyone else on these forums, and believe me when I say this, at some point as some continue to feed the troll, this thread will turn into a "we are all blinded by our green and gold glasses, and Ted Thompson is the worst GM in the league and it's unbelievable that he gets so much support"

Any knowledgeable fan realizes you can't judge a player after 1 year and 1 preseason game.

Especially when said player was injured the 1st preseason game of his rookie year. which set his 1st year development behind.

The problem since "The Creator" has already deemed him a bust, he will continue to bash him at any chance, because he is always right and anyone else is wrong.

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

Not exactly correct. People who view may well have already made a comment. They may come back to read more of the replies but don't always post another comment right away. They can do so later when they have more time. Not everyone who views and then doesn't immediately follow up with a comment is a lurker. The lack of comments probably has nothing to do with uffda udfa creating this thread. I rather link it that he is willing to look outside the norm. There are a few on here who do, like nerdmann. That is one of the reason I come here is to see what other perspectives are. If I didn't want that I would read the AP homogenized version of an issue.

Kudos to jlyons043 for posting.

UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago

Easily treated.

Du Huo Ji Sheng Wan 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This is why we can't have nice things, folks.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
voiceofreason
9 years ago
People should realize that every packers fan opinion is important and valued. I felt I would be in the majority thinking that Datone should be given more time, and reached out for support. I am a notorious lurker. As pointed out by another member previously I only have 60 some posts but have been a member since 2009. I have been a member of too many forums that devolved into pure bashfests, and I have no desire to see this one go that way. We have much to be happy and excited for as packer fans. I recommend cherishing these moments because all good things come to an end eventually.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.