DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Real impressed overall with the majority of our players tonight. Raiders d-line was on fire for sure. There is a lot of talent in that front 7. Elliot was a wrecking ball and constantly in the backfield. He made the team tonight. Another poor showing for Bradford. What to do there...

Tolzien was killing it. The zip on the ball passed the eye test without a doubt. Lacy was great and Harris gets an A+ tonight. He ran hard as hell.

It was pretty obvious tonight that the team is trying to run as many plays as possible to evaluate the talent for the cut down to 53 after this game. No job will be won or lost next game.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I want to see what they do with Rolle. He looks to have made it to me.

Bradford and his draft position...yes, it matters... is interesting also. Cutting a precious 4th rounder? Could Ted Thompson stomach that? I truly wonder about the hands our D is in when they draft a guy with the worst measurables for an OLB yet insist on trying him there. Why, why, why? They wasted him at OLB. I was excited about the pick, at the time, because I thought he would play ILB.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I like Rolle too. I hope he makes the team. I am curious how the numbers shake out to allow him to have a spot. Bradford is a mess of a situation. Perhaps he clears and we stick him on the PS. No way would I use a roster spot for that guy.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I like Rolle too. I hope he makes the team. I am curious how the numbers shake out to allow him to have a spot. Bradford is a mess of a situation. Perhaps he clears and we stick him on the PS. No way would I use a roster spot for that guy.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I wouldn't either...but... we never got to see him at ILB. If we're truly draft and develop he will stick. We've carried guys who have shown less due to draft status than Bradford.

Overall, I'm really disappointed in how our defense is shaping up this season. It's hard to believe but I think we're going to be worse, especially considering Raji is likely finished. The silver lining is this should be it for Dom and the gang. Next year we can clean house and start fresh. My big fear is we're going to suck, again, and, again, injuries will be the excuse and Dom and company will stick around while Aaron's career ticks down.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago

I wouldn't either...but... we never got to see him at ILB. If we're truly draft and develop he will stick. We've carried guys who have shown less due to draft status than Bradford.

Overall, I'm really disappointed in how our defense is shaping up this season. It's hard to believe but I think we're going to be worse, especially considering Raji is likely finished. The silver lining is this should be it for Dom and the gang. Next year we can clean house and start fresh. My big fear is we're going to suck, again, and, again, injuries will be the excuse and Dom and company will stick around while Aaron's career ticks down.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

With how good Peppers is looking and no more Mcmillian/Jennings at S I have a hard time seeing how our D will be worse this year especially if Matthews doesn't miss significant time.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

With how good Peppers is looking and no more Mcmillian/Jennings at S I have a hard time seeing how our D will be worse this year especially if Matthews doesn't miss significant time.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Who is playing nose? Guion? That guy wasn't retained in Minnesota and their D is soft in the middle without the Williams around anymore. I believe it will be worse... Last year, our DL was pretty good early in the season. Jolly was a big reason why. He's gone...Raji's apparently gone...Pickett is gone. Now, it's the underperforming Datone Jones, undersized Mike Daniels and who? Tell me you feel confident in the DL... I don't.

I have to try and get boarded in the Pennel Kennel. He's my main dog, now. This kid has the weight of the world on him, now. Going into Seattle with no clear idea of who your starting NT is? No idea who your safeties are going to be....who your starting TE is going to be?

Boyd is a player I like but I believe he was at nose last night and was wholly ineffective. Pickett better get in right now... he has 13 days to get himself in shape and probably won't be able to play a whole game if that's who we turn to.
UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
!st cuts:

45 DOUGHTY, JAKE ILB
43 WHITE, RYAN CB
74 GRAY, CARLOS DE/DT
48 THOMAS, JOE ILB
62 MCCRAY, JORDAN G/T
80 PERILLO, JUSTIN TE
49 HUBBARD, ADRIAN OLB
36 PERKINS, LADARIUS RB
40 MILLER, TANNER S
25 CLAY, CHARLES S
97 ROBINSON, LUTHER DE
41 LIAINA, INA FB
22 HILL, MICHAEL RB
79 FULLINGTON, JOHN OT
9 SHEPPARD, GERRARD WR

2nd cuts: I know some of the players I have listed on PS will not make it through waivers, but thought it would be an easy way of separating them from rest of cuts.

2ND CUTS
35 DENNARD, ANTONIO CB
19 WHITE, MYLES WR
68 TILLER, ANDREW G
60 VUJNOVICH, JEREMY OT
PRACTICE SQUAD WISH LIST
77 ADAMS, AARON T
72 GERHART, GARTH C
91 BRADFORD, CARL OLB
51 PALMER, NATE OLB
20 ROLLE, JUMAL CB
39 GOODSON, DEMETRI CB
32 BANJO, CHRIS S
13 HARPER, CHRIS WR
01 GILLETT, ALEX WR
7 RETTIG, CHASE QB
IR/PUP
67 BARCLAY, DON T/G
46 LYERLA, COLT TE
84 ABBREDERIS, JARED WR
34 NEAL, RAJON RB
98 GUION, LETROY DT
86 BOSTICK, BRANDON TE

FINAL 53: 25 OFFENSE - 25 DEFENSE - 3 SPECIAL TEAMS
EDIT: Just saw where Raji has torn bicep, my bet is Ted is already on the phone to Ryan Pickett, he will take Raji's spot on final 53.
63 LINSLEY, COREY C/G
73 TRETTER, JC C
65 TAYLOR, LANE G
70 LANG, T.J. G
71 SITTON, JOSH G
69 BAKHTIARI, DAVID OT
75 BULAGA, BRYAN OT
78 SHERROD, DEREK OT
10 FLYNN, MATT QB
12 RODGERS, AARON QB
16 TOLZIEN, SCOTT QB
26 HARRIS, DUJUAN RB
27 LACY, EDDIE RB
44 STARKS, JAMES RB
30 KUHN, JOHN FB
81 QUARLESS, ANDREW TE
82 TAYLOR, RYAN TE
85 STONEBURNER, JAKE TE
89 RODGERS, RICHARD TE
87 NELSON, JORDY WR
18 COBB, RANDALL WR
11 BOYKIN, JARRETT WR
17 ADAMS, DAVANTE WR
83 JANIS, JEFF WR
06 DORSEY, KEVIN WR
94 THORNTON, KHYRI DE
95 JONES, DATONE DE
93 BOYD, JOSH DE/DT
64 PENNEL, MIKE DE/DT
76 DANIELS, MIKE DT
90 RAJI, B.J. DT
96 NEAL, MIKE LB/DE
56 PEPPERS, JULIUS LB/DE
50 HAWK, A.J. ILB
57 LATTIMORE, JAMARI ILB
58 BARRINGTON, SAM ILB
59 JONES, BRAD ILB
52 MATHEWS, CLAY OLB
53 PERRY, NICK OLB
55 MULUMBA, ANDY OLB
47 ELLIOT, JAYRONE OLB
31 HOUSE, DAVON CB
37 SHIELDS. SAM CB
38 WILLIAMS, TRAMON CB
24 BUSH, JARRET CB
29 HAYWARD, CASEY CB
33 HYDE, MICAH S/CB
21 CLINTON-DIX, HA HA S
28 RICHARDSON, SEAN S
42 BURNETTE, MORGAN S
02 CROSBY, MASON K
61 GOODE, BRETT LS
08 MASTHAY, TIM P
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
steveishere
9 years ago

Who is playing nose? Guion? That guy wasn't retained in Minnesota and their D is soft in the middle without the Williams around anymore. I believe it will be worse... Last year, our DL was pretty good early in the season. Jolly was a big reason why. He's gone...Raji's apparently gone...Pickett is gone. Now, it's the underperforming Datone Jones, undersized Mike Daniels and who? Tell me you feel confident in the DL... I don't.

I have to try and get boarded in the Pennel Kennel. He's my main dog, now. This kid has the weight of the world on him, now. Going into Seattle with no clear idea of who your starting NT is? No idea who your safeties are going to be....who your starting TE is going to be?

Boyd is a player I like but I believe he was at nose last night and was wholly ineffective. Pickett better get in right now... he has 13 days to get himself in shape and probably won't be able to play a whole game if that's who we turn to.

Well someone on the line was effective last night considering they dominated the other offensive line. Even on MJDs big run Datone Jones had a great push and it should have ended in no more than a couple yard gain. Who is the NT going to be? No idea but I'm not convinced that a defense - Raji/Jennings and + Matthews/Peppers/Hyde = worse. Especially considering how dreadful Raji was last year. Raji had looked pretty good so far this year but compared to last years NTs Boyd or Pennell would ahve to be a heck of a lot worse than "ineffective" to be as bad as the play we had at that position last year.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Well someone on the line was effective last night considering they dominated the other offensive line. Even on MJDs big run Datone Jones had a great push and it should have ended in no more than a couple yard gain. Who is the NT going to be? No idea but I'm not convinced that a defense - Raji/Jennings and + Matthews/Peppers/Hyde = worse. Especially considering how dreadful Raji was last year. Raji had looked pretty good so far this year but compared to last years NTs Boyd or Pennell would ahve to be a heck of a lot worse than "ineffective" to be as bad as the play we had at that position last year.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yes, Raji was terrible last year. He was at DE where he didn't want to be. A player in the wrong frame of mind isn't going to produce like one who is. He got moved back where he wanted to be and was playing on a one year deal to prove himself and he was. I didn't want to bring him back but felt he was some insurance when we did. Then, he played so well that I was glad he was back, only to see him be done before one real game.

You are talking about Matthews and Peppers. I'm talking about the DL. Daniels, Jones and ???? Honestly, that's incredibly underwhelming. You're level headed and can't be too excited about the prospects for our DL this season. Thornton looks to be another defensive...BUST. Just way too many busts on D to be competitive there. We're counting on Datone Jones who has been pedestrian, at best, as one of our starters. I love Mike Daniels but don't feel too good about him as an every down player. Teams are going to run on us in the 1st through 3rd quarters like they did in the 4th last season.

On the bright side it will be like watching NBA basketball...up and down back and forth...us scoring and getting scored on... a lot. Start all your Packer FF guys and any who play against our defense. You can't lose.

UserPostedImage

steveishere
9 years ago

Yes, Raji was terrible last year. He was at DE where he didn't want to be. A player in the wrong frame of mind isn't going to produce like one who is. He got moved back where he wanted to be and was playing on a one year deal to prove himself and he was. I didn't want to bring him back but felt he was some insurance when we did. Then, he played so well that I was glad he was back, only to see him be done before one real game.

You are talking about Matthews and Peppers. I'm talking about the DL. Daniels, Jones and ???? Honestly, that's incredibly underwhelming. You're level headed and can't be too excited about the prospects for our DL this season. Thornton looks to be another defensive...BUST. Just way too many busts on D to be competitive there. We're counting on Datone Jones who has been pedestrian, at best, as one of our starters. I love Mike Daniels but don't feel too good about him as an every down player. Teams are going to run on us in the 1st through 3rd quarters like they did in the 4th last season.

On the bright side it will be like watching NBA basketball...up and down back and forth...us scoring and getting scored on... a lot. Start all your Packer FF guys and any who play against our defense. You can't lose.

I'm talking about Matthews and Peppers because they make our defense significantly better than it was last year. Pickett, Jolly, and Raji were all really bad last year. Jolly had like 1 or 2 good games then the rest of the season he was still bad. Losing Raji now probably makes our defense worse than it was going to be with him this year but I still don't see the D as a whole being worse than last year Raji or no Raji. Jones and Daniels at least in preseason have looked a hell of a lot better than the other 3 I mentioned looked in the Reg season last year.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.