DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Bryan Bulaga is a starting tackle on this football team and playing well. Anything else is water under the bridge. Let's be happy he is playing well instead of lamenting where he was drafted. What do ya say?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
steveishere
9 years ago
I don't get the RT/LT thing, pressure off the RT will screw up your play just as badly as pressure off the LT. People just significantly overrate the LT position because of the "blindside" stuff.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
NFL teams routinely pay out HUGE contracts to ... LEFT tackles...not right ones.

With Bulaga it goes to the AJ Hawk argument which you're well aware of how I feel about that.

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
9 years ago

NFL teams routinely pay out HUGE contracts to ... LEFT tackles...not right ones.

With Bulaga it goes to the AJ Hawk argument which you're well aware of how I feel about that.

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. :)

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I think Bulaga was rated as a top 3 RT in the NFL one year and his numbers didn't look too bad against the LT either.

Hawk is average... Bulaga can be extremely good at times, just hasn't been healthy and has struggled with injuries.
UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago

Bryan Bulaga was a waste of FIRST round selection. Tell me why he was drafted by us in the 1st round? ... To play...?????... Yup, LEFT tackle, which he was NOT...ever...no how no way. So, he turns into an adequate RT and you chalk that up as a win? Not me. A fail...major fail. I remember the clock ticking on our pick just feeling sick that Ted Thompson would draft "Bustaga" as I called him then. Dez is sitting there. All the talent in the world. Just a special player. Nope...we get the plodder who can't play LT at the NFL level. Yes, disappointed...still.

You're doing it wrong. You add milk, not piss, to your Cheerios. It tastes much better. Well, I can only imagine -- I haven't tried it your way.

Your freakish obsession with draft position continues on. Bryan Bulaga was drafted with the intention to play left tackle. True statement. As it turned out, he was a better fit on the right side. Never possessed the arm length that fits with prototype left tackle. But he's played well on the right side. He's a quality starter on the right side for an emerging offensive line.

That's not a first-round bust. A first-round bust is a guy who doesn't contribute -- a guy who doesn't start.

We did, however, draft a guy in the 4th round who appears to be a solid fit at left tackle: David Bakhtiari. He played well for a rookie and got stronger in the offseason. Sounds like great value to me. Another mid-round selection for the Pack on the offensive line who we fans can be excited about (Lang, a solid guard, and Sitton a All-Pro caliber guard).

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
StarrMax1
9 years ago

Uffda or others who criticize the team for missing in early rounds have a point. As I've stated in other threads, there are tangible consequences for missing early, especially for a team that doesn't utilize F.A. often.

With that said, it ultimately comes down to fielding the best team by whatever means necessary. The same scouts missing in the early rounds are the ones finding Shields, Elliot, Barclay, Pennel, etc. so you can't solely criticize them for the misses.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

That is not what this thread is about, he is calling a 3rd and 4th rnd 2014 pick busts, which in turn makes the whole 2014 draft a bust.

Anybody with any sense knows you can't judge a player let alone a whole draft class in 1 training camp.

Anything that uffda thinks will make Ted Thompson look bad he will post and bend the truth as much as he wants just to move his one and only agenda forward.
musccy
9 years ago

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. :)

As has been said, the Cowboys also had to hire personal babysitters for Dez to keep him from shooting himself in the foot (figuratively speaking). The Packers now have a solid starting RT that they're paying an avg of about 3 mil/year for. When in the last 5 years have the Packers not adequately addressed the WR position? I don't see your Dez v. Bulaga argument.

musccy
9 years ago

That is not what this thread is about, he is calling a 3rd and 4th rnd 2014 pick busts, which in turn makes the whole 2014 draft a bust.

Anybody with any sense knows you can't judge a player let alone a whole draft class in 1 training camp.

Anything that uffda thinks will make Ted Thompson look bad he will post and bend the truth as much as he wants just to move his one and only agenda forward.

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

I understand, I was just stating that I agreed with a portion of what I believed Uffda was saying. Anyway, the thread has moved on, and yes, I certainly agree that it's hard to call a mid-round pick a bust 4 weeks into camp when they're still on the roster.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

I understand, I was just stating that I agreed with a portion of what I believed Uffda was saying. Anyway, the thread has moved on, and yes, I certainly agree that it's hard to call a mid-round pick a bust 4 weeks into camp when they're still on the roster.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

How many hundreds of guys will be judged and cut over the next few days off of one training camp?

You don't remember Ricky Elmore, do you? Guy had clips on YouTube of his uber athleticism. Some were thinking he was the next Clay Matthews. He was a 6th rounder if memory serves... CUT. Guy couldn't play a lick... much like Bradford and Thornton.

I thought this draft was horrific after it was completed. Does it mean the entire draft is a bust because Thornton and Bradford are likely to be busts? No. However, when you draft and claim it was about "winning now" and your guys don't look anywhere near ready to contribute, I'd say that's a big time bust.

Rich Rod will be starting along with Linsley so you can claim we got two starters from the draft. When Dix isn't good enough to beat out what we've had at safety that isn't very encouraging. Same for Davante Adams... Mr. Catch in college can't catch in the pros and will be lucky to find himself ahead of Jeff Janis. So, I would conclude that Dix and Adams are quite disappointing as our 1st and 2nd rounders. Goodson has been a JAG.

Right now... Rodgers and Linsley...starting due to injury to Bostick and Tretter. Two very weak positions on this team. Shame about Abby. Jeff Janis may be the best player from our draft this year. Remember, this draft was a "win now" draft. Let's see what we get from this class when all is said and done this year. It certainly doesn't look too promising as of today and the season is just around the corner.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

evad04
9 years ago

I thought this draft was horrific after it was completed. Does it mean the entire draft is a bust because Thornton and Bradford are likely to be busts? No. However, when you draft and claim it was about "winning now" and your guys don't look anywhere near ready to contribute, I'd say that's a big time bust.

Ted Thompson saying the draft is about winning now is a Ted Thompson type of thing to say. It's right up there with phrases like, "We think he can help our team" and "We think he can be a good player."

You are the only person that has taken it literally. I imagine your room looking like the dude from "A Beautiful Mind" where the are articles cut out everywhere and taped to the wall with red pen and strings criss-crossing and papers strewn about. And on big red letters scribbled over the mass of it all is "WINNING NOW"

Get a grip, dude. Take Thompson's comments with a heap of salt. Or, you could reference "winning now" in every other post. The latter would seem to be your strategy, and at least in its ability to make me want to jam a fork into my eye, its highly successful.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.