DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Bryan Bulaga is a starting tackle on this football team and playing well. Anything else is water under the bridge. Let's be happy he is playing well instead of lamenting where he was drafted. What do ya say?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
steveishere
9 years ago
I don't get the RT/LT thing, pressure off the RT will screw up your play just as badly as pressure off the LT. People just significantly overrate the LT position because of the "blindside" stuff.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
NFL teams routinely pay out HUGE contracts to ... LEFT tackles...not right ones.

With Bulaga it goes to the AJ Hawk argument which you're well aware of how I feel about that.

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
9 years ago

NFL teams routinely pay out HUGE contracts to ... LEFT tackles...not right ones.

With Bulaga it goes to the AJ Hawk argument which you're well aware of how I feel about that.

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. :)

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I think Bulaga was rated as a top 3 RT in the NFL one year and his numbers didn't look too bad against the LT either.

Hawk is average... Bulaga can be extremely good at times, just hasn't been healthy and has struggled with injuries.
UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago

Bryan Bulaga was a waste of FIRST round selection. Tell me why he was drafted by us in the 1st round? ... To play...?????... Yup, LEFT tackle, which he was NOT...ever...no how no way. So, he turns into an adequate RT and you chalk that up as a win? Not me. A fail...major fail. I remember the clock ticking on our pick just feeling sick that Ted Thompson would draft "Bustaga" as I called him then. Dez is sitting there. All the talent in the world. Just a special player. Nope...we get the plodder who can't play LT at the NFL level. Yes, disappointed...still.

You're doing it wrong. You add milk, not piss, to your Cheerios. It tastes much better. Well, I can only imagine -- I haven't tried it your way.

Your freakish obsession with draft position continues on. Bryan Bulaga was drafted with the intention to play left tackle. True statement. As it turned out, he was a better fit on the right side. Never possessed the arm length that fits with prototype left tackle. But he's played well on the right side. He's a quality starter on the right side for an emerging offensive line.

That's not a first-round bust. A first-round bust is a guy who doesn't contribute -- a guy who doesn't start.

We did, however, draft a guy in the 4th round who appears to be a solid fit at left tackle: David Bakhtiari. He played well for a rookie and got stronger in the offseason. Sounds like great value to me. Another mid-round selection for the Pack on the offensive line who we fans can be excited about (Lang, a solid guard, and Sitton a All-Pro caliber guard).

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
StarrMax1
9 years ago

Uffda or others who criticize the team for missing in early rounds have a point. As I've stated in other threads, there are tangible consequences for missing early, especially for a team that doesn't utilize F.A. often.

With that said, it ultimately comes down to fielding the best team by whatever means necessary. The same scouts missing in the early rounds are the ones finding Shields, Elliot, Barclay, Pennel, etc. so you can't solely criticize them for the misses.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

That is not what this thread is about, he is calling a 3rd and 4th rnd 2014 pick busts, which in turn makes the whole 2014 draft a bust.

Anybody with any sense knows you can't judge a player let alone a whole draft class in 1 training camp.

Anything that uffda thinks will make Ted Thompson look bad he will post and bend the truth as much as he wants just to move his one and only agenda forward.
musccy
9 years ago

Dez Bryant vs. Bryan Bulaga... One is a top 3 WR in the NFL... the other is a middling RT. Yes, I'm partying like it's 1999, Darkane. :)

As has been said, the Cowboys also had to hire personal babysitters for Dez to keep him from shooting himself in the foot (figuratively speaking). The Packers now have a solid starting RT that they're paying an avg of about 3 mil/year for. When in the last 5 years have the Packers not adequately addressed the WR position? I don't see your Dez v. Bulaga argument.

musccy
9 years ago

That is not what this thread is about, he is calling a 3rd and 4th rnd 2014 pick busts, which in turn makes the whole 2014 draft a bust.

Anybody with any sense knows you can't judge a player let alone a whole draft class in 1 training camp.

Anything that uffda thinks will make Ted Thompson look bad he will post and bend the truth as much as he wants just to move his one and only agenda forward.

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

I understand, I was just stating that I agreed with a portion of what I believed Uffda was saying. Anyway, the thread has moved on, and yes, I certainly agree that it's hard to call a mid-round pick a bust 4 weeks into camp when they're still on the roster.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

I understand, I was just stating that I agreed with a portion of what I believed Uffda was saying. Anyway, the thread has moved on, and yes, I certainly agree that it's hard to call a mid-round pick a bust 4 weeks into camp when they're still on the roster.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

How many hundreds of guys will be judged and cut over the next few days off of one training camp?

You don't remember Ricky Elmore, do you? Guy had clips on YouTube of his uber athleticism. Some were thinking he was the next Clay Matthews. He was a 6th rounder if memory serves... CUT. Guy couldn't play a lick... much like Bradford and Thornton.

I thought this draft was horrific after it was completed. Does it mean the entire draft is a bust because Thornton and Bradford are likely to be busts? No. However, when you draft and claim it was about "winning now" and your guys don't look anywhere near ready to contribute, I'd say that's a big time bust.

Rich Rod will be starting along with Linsley so you can claim we got two starters from the draft. When Dix isn't good enough to beat out what we've had at safety that isn't very encouraging. Same for Davante Adams... Mr. Catch in college can't catch in the pros and will be lucky to find himself ahead of Jeff Janis. So, I would conclude that Dix and Adams are quite disappointing as our 1st and 2nd rounders. Goodson has been a JAG.

Right now... Rodgers and Linsley...starting due to injury to Bostick and Tretter. Two very weak positions on this team. Shame about Abby. Jeff Janis may be the best player from our draft this year. Remember, this draft was a "win now" draft. Let's see what we get from this class when all is said and done this year. It certainly doesn't look too promising as of today and the season is just around the corner.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

evad04
9 years ago

I thought this draft was horrific after it was completed. Does it mean the entire draft is a bust because Thornton and Bradford are likely to be busts? No. However, when you draft and claim it was about "winning now" and your guys don't look anywhere near ready to contribute, I'd say that's a big time bust.

Ted Thompson saying the draft is about winning now is a Ted Thompson type of thing to say. It's right up there with phrases like, "We think he can help our team" and "We think he can be a good player."

You are the only person that has taken it literally. I imagine your room looking like the dude from "A Beautiful Mind" where the are articles cut out everywhere and taped to the wall with red pen and strings criss-crossing and papers strewn about. And on big red letters scribbled over the mass of it all is "WINNING NOW"

Get a grip, dude. Take Thompson's comments with a heap of salt. Or, you could reference "winning now" in every other post. The latter would seem to be your strategy, and at least in its ability to make me want to jam a fork into my eye, its highly successful.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (33m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (46m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.