Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthquake  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 8:23:21 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Don't think that's true, he got it looked at by trainers then went back in so he was obviously in some sort of pain. Also they already said there was no ligament damage and no surgery needed so I doubt something "popped" he probably had a fracture of some sort.

Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s...ltiple-weeks-knee-injury

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 8:39:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: earthquake Go to Quoted Post
Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s...ltiple-weeks-knee-injury

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.

That's actually (relatively) good news to me. I'd rather have a fracture than a damaged joint or ligament.

Quote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he did not know if the team would use the injured reserve/designated to return distinction, but according to a league source, Tretter's injury should not keep him out any longer than six weeks. A player on temporary IR has to miss eight weeks.

The source said Tretter has a slight fracture and did not sustain any ligament damage. He will not require surgery.

Should not keep him out longer than 6 weeks? We'll see about that, but it would be nice to get him back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Here's how I see it.....if the backup plays exceptional while Tretter is out, then they will stick with him. They can always use the "Tretter could return now, but we feel it's in his best interest to rehab longer so he doesn't reinjure the knee". That saves face, and allows them to keep him on the sidelines without making it look like he lost his position due to injury.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:29:12 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Just seems odd to me. AND, it's a pattern. Iirc, he stated it didn't really start to hurt until after the game, correct?

Anyway I haven't even seen the game yet.

On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 8/26/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:55:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.

All right then, if he got rolled up on, it's a real injury. Still frustrating, but at least it's not something that popped for no reason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:58:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Seahawks claim center Patrick Lewis

Quote:
Lewis was an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M in 2013 that initially signed with the Green Bay Packers. After being released, he was signed by the Cleveland Browns to their practice squad. He was then signed off the practice squad to Jacksonville’s active roster last December.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:59:53 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post

Vince quote

I think this is one Vince does not get credit for. If I'm not mistaken, it came from Woody Hayes.

The Tretter/Linsley situation when Tretter comes back kinda reminds me of Bowman/Curry back in the day.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline beast  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

Seahawks wrote:
The Seattle Seahawks have released... guard Greg Van Roten... and claimed center Patrick Lewis

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline steveishere  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:35:46 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

lol who knows. EDS was released from the seahawks before he came back here and had his breakout season.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:51:52 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Despite the recent events that have taken place to our o-line. I am glad EDS is not our center. He just didn't have the physical dominance necessary to carry on as our center for the long term.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed