Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
earthquake  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 8:23:21 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Don't think that's true, he got it looked at by trainers then went back in so he was obviously in some sort of pain. Also they already said there was no ligament damage and no surgery needed so I doubt something "popped" he probably had a fracture of some sort.

Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s...ltiple-weeks-knee-injury

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.
nerdmann  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 8:39:51 PM(UTC)
earthquake said: Go to Quoted Post
Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s...ltiple-weeks-knee-injury

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.

That's actually (relatively) good news to me. I'd rather have a fracture than a damaged joint or ligament.

Quote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he did not know if the team would use the injured reserve/designated to return distinction, but according to a league source, Tretter's injury should not keep him out any longer than six weeks. A player on temporary IR has to miss eight weeks.

The source said Tretter has a slight fracture and did not sustain any ligament damage. He will not require surgery.

Should not keep him out longer than 6 weeks? We'll see about that, but it would be nice to get him back.
Cheesey  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
Here's how I see it.....if the backup plays exceptional while Tretter is out, then they will stick with him. They can always use the "Tretter could return now, but we feel it's in his best interest to rehab longer so he doesn't reinjure the knee". That saves face, and allows them to keep him on the sidelines without making it look like he lost his position due to injury.
Dexter_Sinister  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:29:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Just seems odd to me. AND, it's a pattern. Iirc, he stated it didn't really start to hurt until after the game, correct?

Anyway I haven't even seen the game yet.

On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.
nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:55:40 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister said: Go to Quoted Post
On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.

All right then, if he got rolled up on, it's a real injury. Still frustrating, but at least it's not something that popped for no reason.
nerdmann  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:58:22 PM(UTC)

Seahawks claim center Patrick Lewis

Quote:
Lewis was an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M in 2013 that initially signed with the Green Bay Packers. After being released, he was signed by the Cleveland Browns to their practice squad. He was then signed off the practice squad to Jacksonville’s active roster last December.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:59:53 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post

Vince quote

I think this is one Vince does not get credit for. If I'm not mistaken, it came from Woody Hayes.

The Tretter/Linsley situation when Tretter comes back kinda reminds me of Bowman/Curry back in the day.

beast  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:05:43 PM(UTC)

And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

Seahawks said:
The Seattle Seahawks have released... guard Greg Van Roten... and claimed center Patrick Lewis

steveishere  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:35:46 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

lol who knows. EDS was released from the seahawks before he came back here and had his breakout season.
DarkaneRules  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:51:52 PM(UTC)
Despite the recent events that have taken place to our o-line. I am glad EDS is not our center. He just didn't have the physical dominance necessary to carry on as our center for the long term.
Rss Feed