nyrpack
9 years ago
i dont think lacy will lead the league in yardage, he is a great runner but the problem is a guy named aaron, the pack are a passing team 1st, teams that cant throw are more apted to run, thats not the pack, ill be happy with lacy around 1300 and aaron over 4000 !!
jimmy b.
nerdmann
9 years ago

Did you watch the game from last Thursday?

1st drive, 7 plays 80+ yards, 3:06, 1 pass - 6 runs.

I guess Lacy should have laid down a couple of times instead of rolling over the defense so The Packers could take more time off the clock.

Or maybe Rodgers(the tight end), should have just caught the ball on the one pass attempt and just fell down after he got the 1st down yardage.

BTW short pass over the middle he broke for 32 yds.

Another year of this stat-whoring bullshit, I guess it never gets old for some.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

lol well you're in the minority.

Everyone else says the Packers will pass more than they run. I guess we'll see starting next Thursday!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

lol well you're in the minority.

Everyone else says the Packers will pass more than they run. I guess we'll see starting next Thursday!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

So if Lacy carries the ball 25 times for say 125yds, and Aaron is say 25-30 for 300 yds, you are going to be pissed because They ran 5 more pass plays than run plays?

Is that Stat-whoring?

BTW That is only 55 plays.

The goal is 75 plays a game, I don't give a damn what the ratio is, if they hit their target, there's a damn good chance The Packers are going to win the game.

For the 1st time since Ryan Grant was in his prime The Packers have viable options at QB, WR, and RB.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this team, not worry about the pass/rush ratio.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
bozz_2006
9 years ago
my friend, sports writer and editor of a city newspaper says, "Did he ever even lead the SEC?" Nope, I don't think so. But definitely stay focused on what he did or didn't do years ago, i'm gonna watch him tear it up!
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

So if Lacy carries the ball 25 times for say 125yds, and Aaron is say 25-30 for 300 yds, you are going to be pissed because They ran 5 more pass plays than run plays?

Is that Stat-whoring?

BTW That is only 55 plays.

The goal is 75 plays a game, I don't give a damn what the ratio is, if they hit their target, there's a damn good chance The Packers are going to win the game.

For the 1st time since Ryan Grant was in his prime The Packers have viable options at QB, WR, and RB.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this team, not worry about the pass/rush ratio.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

When are you ever going to realize that people just like to press your buttons? Yeah, it's cruel but as long as you allow it, people will keep doing it. I'll try very hard not to anymore, and I'm sorry for doing it in the past.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
9 years ago
In a pass first offense - not likely. I hope this isn't a challenge within the team to set silly records. I don't care if we get our yards on the ground or through the air - as long as the chains keep moving. Reaching new individual achievements - great, but championships are even better.

I like knowing that we have three quality RBs and I hope they all see the field to keep the trio fresh and healthy.
sschind
9 years ago

In a pass first offense - not likely. I hope this isn't a challenge within the team to set silly records. I don't care if we get our yards on the ground or through the air - as long as the chains keep moving. Reaching new individual achievements - great, but championships are even better.

I like knowing that we have three quality RBs and I hope they all see the field to keep the trio fresh and healthy.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

I don't think it is a challenge or any sort of indication that the offensive strategy will change at all. All it was was a comment indicating that whoever said it (I'm not even sure who did, all headlines I saw simply said coaches) thinks Lacy has the talent and the ability, if he were to be given the chance, to lead the league in rushing. I happen to agree with him. I also happen to think that probably any one of 15 or 20 RBs could lead the league in rushing if their team was hell bent on making it happen. In a lot of ways leading the league is as much a team decision and a team accomplishment as an individual one. Guys like Peterson or Charles or McCoy probably wouldn't have as many yards if they had had the Packers passing game. I mean just look at the vikings and the Chiefs passing game over the careers of Peterson and Charles. If you said "what passing game" you get a cookie, it is in the mail. Philadelphia may have been a bit more suited to throwing the ball but even they had their limitations (their QB couldn't pass even though he thought he could) .

If you have a RB like Lacy, and to a lesser extent Harris and Starks and you don't use them it would be flat out stupid. It only makes your entire offense better. However, this was, is and always will be Aaron Rodgers' team and he will lead the team in stats. Some people might mistakenly call this stat whoring but what do they know. Stat whoring is leaving your QB in to throw his 5th TD pass when you are up by 35 points with 4 minutes left to go in the game. It is not going deep down field on a third and 1 from your own 35 midway through the first quarter when the score is tied at 7 all. While this may be frustrating at times it is not stat whoring, it is called a game plan I wonder if the Packers decided to give Lacy the ball 30 times a game and he gained 1800 yards would some people be saying that he was stat whoring? Probably, there is no pleasing some people. Anyway, using Lacy more doesn't mean the Packers are turning into a run first team. Heck, even if they run more than they pass I wouldn't call them a run first team because this team will live and die by Rodgers and the pass. Lacy may get 1200-1300 yards and 10-12 TDs but people will always look at what Rodgers did first and teams will always fear Rodgers more. Of course the improved running game will be a big part of that fear.

Cheesey
9 years ago
Just having that option, of a supurb RB, takes a load of pressure off of the passing game. Defenses can't just pin their ears back and rush the passer.
I'm so looking forward to the REAL games!
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago
Operation Red Herring is in effect.

Phase 1. Hype the running game. Make the Seahawks think we are setting rushing goals.

Phase 2. Run the crap out of the ball with the first string O. in preseason. Don't bother throwing it. Just run it 6 or 8 times and get a TD. Make sure the nation sees the Packers as a RUN FIRST team.

Phase 3. Show up at the Seahawks and play action them to death.

When they figure it out, and pull the safeties back into coverage, drop the Hulk on them.

Here comes the boom.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.