Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#46 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 7:06:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,880
Applause Received: 1,393

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 8/23/2014(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#47 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:36:23 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 394

I've told this in a hundred different ways. When you send in the Marines, you have sent the United States of America.

Marines know this. They don't work at backing that up, they back that up. We did go backwards at the Chosin, but the President made us do it. Otherwise, we would have stayed, I have no doubt. That would have been expensive, but we would have, trust me. Hitler had nothing on a Marine battalion commander when it comes to the no retreat rule.

No way I'm going backwards. No way my men are. We all know this. We di di mao a position, but we are not moving from that fight and line. No way. We are not girls. We are not REMFS. We are not doggies. We are Marines. We hold a line, period. (Apologize Wade, that's how we roll- nothing wrong per se with the Army - I'm just telling you what motivates, and by the time any soldier sees us, we are raggedy and the fight is over)

You send in the Marines you have sent the Navy and Air Force also. We will bring all that ordnance to bear. Marine aviators do not fly jets or helicopters, for example. (Also, ask a Navy man if HE could have been a Marine Aviator) They fly "ordnance platforms" - ask one if you ever meet one. I guarantee it will be the Marines that strike back when this PC pussy country gets nailed by the latest Islamist threat. Your squid SEALS can't bring any substantive firepower to the fight, as an example. Even this dumbass President wouldn't put the Army in before the Marines un-f*cked it first. Your country sent the SEALS to get Osama Bin Laden. They came quite close to f*cking that mission up, with a budget much larger than the entire Marine Corps. Can you believe they crashed and burned one of their fantsy schmantzy choppers going in? I'll never understand why these squids don't leave the killing business to us pros. I know the answer, and it's recruiting 17 year olds that think they are going to be SEALS, but wind up on some awful base schleppin' Navy shit around. It's a very effective recruiting tool. All those 17 year olds are going to be heroes, and mom and dad don't have to hear that the kid is going into the Marines. There is nothing more depressing than a Naval base, imo, and 99.99% wind up there, or on some ship as a paint-scraper. I assure you that you will get your war and chances for heroism in the Marines. Rare one does not, in the infantry, over 75% go there. and you will be that "hero". Good luck with that.

Very stubborn bunch, the Marines. You'd have liked being one...to most, in the past tense. I did, and I remain proud. It was not easy work. You go be one, then get back to me on it. Otherwise, I have to be impressed in other ways, if you have a story you want to tell to me. Just sayin'.

Edited by user Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:27:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Gilligan  
#48 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 12:29:05 PM(UTC)
Gilligan

United States

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 13

For a Marine's attitude and beliefs, I agree with you dfosterf, but you are a bit over the top on some of those comments Marine.

There is no need to put down the Navy SEALS. You would be hard pressed to find tougher guys one-on-one or the likes of the Army Spec operators or the Airborne guys.
I’ve been out after tangos with all of them and they have my deepest respect.
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/25/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 8/25/2014(UTC), wpr on 8/25/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#49 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 2:32:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Gilligan Go to Quoted Post
For a Marine's attitude and beliefs, I agree with you dfosterf, but you are a bit over the top on some of those comments Marine.

There is no need to put down the Navy SEALS. You would be hard pressed to find tougher guys one-on-one or the likes of the Army Spec operators or the Airborne guys.
I’ve been out after tangos with all of them and they have my deepest respect.

Gilligan that is Gunny being the Jarhead he is. The world begins and ends with his Devil Dogs. We let him grunt for a while then he takes a nap.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:38:45 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

They have my deepest respect, also, but, as Wayne mentioned, I like to bitch. Not talking and I am all about my Corps. Hell, even Wayne gives me a pass, along with an explanation to you- and his son served very honorably in Afghanistan, as - (God forbid!) a doggie. He absolutely knows I mean nothing by it, respect very much his son's service, and sweated with him when his son was there.

Some of my best friends are squid-assed SEALS. Friggin' over-indulged, hyped, ridiculously TO&E'd asset -sucking prima-donna's that they are. Don't get bent out of shape about my comments, I assure you they do not, nor do I at the crap they give me. I'm taking a nap now, lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

wpr on 8/27/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:48:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,887
Applause Received: 2,086

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Don't get bent out of shape about my comments ....

... because he's gonna edit the shit out of them another 47 times before you submit your response to the version you first read.

Big Grin
UserPostedImage
DakotaT on 8/31/2014(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:52:40 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
... because he's gonna edit the shit out of them another 47 times before you submit your response to the version you first read.

Big Grin

All right, Ill leave this one alone--- for you, Kev
UserPostedImage

Offline Gilligan  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:05:40 PM(UTC)
Gilligan

United States

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 13

...I like to bitch. Not talking and I am all about my Corps......

Ha!

You remind me of a crusty old Marine Gunner that I ran into one time.
Everything was “my Corps” this and “my Corps” that.
Not our Corps, it strictly belonged to him. Lived, ate and breathed the Corps
Kind of a crazy old coot, but a good Marine.

And what is with zero2cool's comment about "editing"?

I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
Offline dfosterf  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:19:25 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Ha!

You remind me of a crusty old Marine Gunner that I ran into one time.
Everything was “my Corps” this and “my Corps” that.
Not our Corps, it strictly belonged to him. Lived, ate and breathed the Corps
Kind of a crazy old coot, but a good Marine.

I drive him nuts with that. Apparently, he gets e-mail and such every time I edit or some such. FYI, I am a crusty old Gunner, not Gunny, notwithstanding the assignment by my fellow posters. They all know that, btw. If you hang around, it will be "our" Corps, that's a promise.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:46:27 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Ha!

Gilligan, Sir!

After you post something if you want to add to it or correct the spelling or something click the edit button. Some boards only let you edit for 15 min or so. Zero (Kevin) lets us come back anytime and change our post.

Some people are slow thinkers and they come back and "improve" their original post. I am always correct my spelling or syntax. GUNNY I mean dfoster may change his 6 times in 10 minutes. It's cool but is fun to give him some flack about it. he don't mind.

Edit- I just did it to add the photo.
wpr attached the following image(s):
Gilligan.png (134kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:05:15 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

My profundity may take a little while, and I readily admit the criticism is warranted from the perspective of all the tekkie's that have to revisit a thread simply because I came to my senses, as I see them, but a jarhead should be the 1st to give me a waiver, as I was shot in the friggin' head as a semi- lad. My biggest critics haven't so much as been in a really serious fist-fight since middle school. Just sayin'...Face. Palm.

I diss many in GENERALITIES, mostly in tongue-in-cheek humor- that serve. I defend ALL that do, individually. (Sorry, Kev, an edit)

Edited by user Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:31:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:01:24 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 663
Applause Received: 670

All good writers edit as a matter of habit.

Even the ones who like those silly blue pants.Big Grin
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:09:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,887
Applause Received: 2,086

I drive him nuts with that. Apparently, he gets e-mail and such every time I edit or some such.

I am amused by it. I do not get any emails.

I'm thinking you just might be ... Duh!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 7:52:56 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I am amused by it. I do not get any emails.

I'm thinking you just might be ... Duh!

Let's review. 3 marriages, all with kids, less time on this continent than on board a ship during my adult life- and the places those boats sent me- crazy people telling me what to do, did it, and new crazy people telling me that what I did was wrong. I howl at the moon, in here. Ultimately, who cares?

You got it. I'm crazy, and I like to share. Laughing

Edited by user Sunday, August 31, 2014 8:06:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed