Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 8:11:40 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I'd much rather have it than my wife. I bet you feel the same. You guys are going to pull through.

Definitely. I can relate to this. She is a much better person than me. More sincere, friendly, kind, and overall brings more happiness, joy, and love to the world than I do. I'm not saying I'm a bad person by any means, I'm just saying that she is better. Definitely doesn't deserve this, but then again, no one does. Cancer doesn't discriminate. That doesn't make it much easier to cope with, though.
Offline Wade  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:42:13 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 676

Dodd,

Sorry it's taken me so long to say anything in this thread. As you know, I'm a damn self-centered person, and I am bad at noticing and helping with other people's problems.

And any mention of Hodgkins still leaves self-centered me into unproductive self-pity about losing my big brother to the disease forty years ago when he was only 27.

But know that my prayers and thoughts have been with you and your fiancee.

And know that this particular disease is one where the treatment has advanced by leaps and bounds over those forty years. As Kevin says, cancer in any form is scary and imposes so much horrible stuff on both the sick person and those close to her; I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's crapola, and there's no sugarcoating that.

But this is one where there is light at the end of the tunnel you're currently deep in.

It may get worse for a while, but it will get better. I truly believe this, and you must believe it, too.

All my best.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DoddPower  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 8:48:24 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Dodd,

Sorry it's taken me so long to say anything in this thread. As you know, I'm a damn self-centered person, and I am bad at noticing and helping with other people's problems.

And any mention of Hodgkins still leaves self-centered me into unproductive self-pity about losing my big brother to the disease forty years ago when he was only 27.

But know that my prayers and thoughts have been with you and your fiancee.

And know that this particular disease is one where the treatment has advanced by leaps and bounds over those forty years. As Kevin says, cancer in any form is scary and imposes so much horrible stuff on both the sick person and those close to her; I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's crapola, and there's no sugarcoating that.

But this is one where there is light at the end of the tunnel you're currently deep in.

It may get worse for a while, but it will get better. I truly believe this, and you must believe it, too.

All my best.

Oh wow, Wade, I'm so sorry to hear that about your brother! Was it Hodgkin's or non-Hodgkin's? Your reaction is completely understandable. I'm honestly not really fearing death in my fiance's situation at all, based on the doctors opinions of the treatment. It doesn't mean it is easy, but she SHOULD be OK, at least for now. But losing someone at 27 is something hard to get over, I'm sure. Truly a tragedy.

Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 9:01:02 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,048

Just reading this now.. and over the years of getting to know you a bit, I am glad she has a person like you in her life to travel this path with. Sorry to hear that she has to endure this disease.. but I pray not only for a recovery but a building of even a stronger bond.

Way to many people, families and loved ones are affected by the disease.

On a personal note.. it sure grounds one firmly of how trivial some of lives little nuances and struggles are in comparison.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage