earthquake
9 years ago

so far practice squad is Banjo, Perillo, Rolle, and Myles White

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

And there we go, looks like the Packers figured they could sneak Rolle and Banjo onto the PS, and they were correct.

Lang can always swing out to T in an emergency. He's done it before.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, I think lang is the #3 center as well, I don't think Sitton would be moved as mentioned above.
blank
steveishere
9 years ago

Final list. Rolle wasn't claimed so he must have chosen another teams practice squad.
luigis
9 years ago
Rolle is not signed to any team. Report is that Rolle is headed for GB and will be added to the PS releasing someone on Monday.
Luis
DakotaT
9 years ago
I feel bad for Rolle. I'm sure he is a better Dback than "nine lives" Bush - but Bush is a freaking animal on special teams so he keeps his job another year. Another reason to feel bad for Rolle is the stacked deck at corner he had to compete against.

I'm a little bit taken back by keeping three quarterbacks. In my opinion, if we are keeping Tolzien, then Flynn should have been cut, but I suppose the coaches are a little buckshye from last year's experience.
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

I'm sure he is a better Dback than "nine lives" Bush

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Bush looked better than Rolle in preseason to me... especially when you look at the second half of the Chiefs game... where Rolle made some BIG mistakes...

I'm a little bit taken back by keeping three quarterbacks. In my opinion, if we are keeping Tolzien, then Flynn should have been cut, but I suppose the coaches are a little buckshye from last year's experience.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

1) Mike McCarthy said Flynn is the back-up... so I guess Tolzien is the 3rd QB.

2) According to one of the Packers writers (via twitter) one of their sources said Packers were planning on going with only 2 QBs but serious injuries in the Chiefs game lead to players being IRed for the season which opened up a spot for the 3rd QB.

T Aaron Adams, LB Nate Palmer, TE Jake Stoneburner and DT Khyri Thornton were all injured in the Chiefs game which lead to being on the IR... so one or more of these guys were expected to make the roster but got injured and IRed and opened up a spot for the 3rd QB, according to some unknown Packers writers source.

UserPostedImage
earthquake
9 years ago
I was all for going with 2 QBs, but with injuries to various backup and fringe level players, I think its a lot easier to keep all 3. I mean honestly, which player that didn't make the 53 is better than either Flynn or Tolzien? I would say nobody is even close.

The point could be made that the #3 QB is unlikely to see any meaningful playing time, but the same point stands for the #53 player on the roster.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
I am thinking keeping the extra QB opens up trade possibilities should some other team lose a QB. We seem to have some fortunate IR situations this year. Thorton should have been cut, but I guess since we invested in him Ted will try and save a bit of face and not cut him so soon.
beast
9 years ago

Honestly, which player that didn't make the 53 is better than either Flynn or Tolzien? I would say nobody is even close.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Maybe Rolle, Banjo, Dorsey and White... also maybe any decent fresh 300lbs DL that can play in a decent back-up role.

The point could be made that the #3 QB is unlikely to see any meaningful playing time, but the same point stands for the #53 player on the roster.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Rolle, Banjo and Dorsey could probably see a number of ST plays.

I am thinking keeping the extra QB opens up trade possibilities should some other team lose a QB.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Maybe if Flynn or Tolzien have trade value... which brings us to the point... do either of them have any trade value?

I'm thinking Flynn does not as he went to a number of other teams and none of them worked out... and anyone who wanted him could of picked him via FA.

Tolzien after last year's showing probably has some people interested in working him out but I doubt they'd trade for him unless they've worked for him in the past like the Texan's head coach worked with QB Ryan Mallett a season and traded a conditional 7th round pick for him (and I'm not sure if Ted Thompson would trade a healthy player in the Packers plans for that low of a price).

Looking at some of Tolzien's coaching ties, the coaches he has worked under (mainly as a PS player) are now on the Vikings, Panthers, 49ers, Giants... a number of them seem to have 3 QBs already (of course not sure if that's their 53 man roster I looked at but I think it was).
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago
I'm glad they kept three QBs, and completely agree with the decision. Keep the 53 best players, or at least the 53 POTENTIALLY best players. The Packers have a dependable backup QB in Flynn, and can continue to develop Tolzien as the future quarterback. Tolzien has an arm, but Flynn is still better at this point, imo. Tolzien could get there though, so it's best he stay on the roster for now. Let's not forget, things could always change as a few more injuries occur.

Overall, I think Flynn and Tolzien are better and more important players than Banjo/Rolle, etc. Plus, those guys are likely to stay on the practice squad. If they go elsewhere, no big loss. There will always be similar players to replace them.
nerdmann
9 years ago

I'm glad they kept three QBs, and completely agree with the decision. Keep the 53 best players, or at least the 53 POTENTIALLY best players. The Packers have a dependable backup QB in Flynn, and can continue to develop Tolzien as the future quarterback. Tolzien has an arm, but Flynn is still better at this point, imo. Tolzien could get there though, so it's best he stay on the roster for now. Let's not forget, things could always change as a few more injuries occur.

Overall, I think Flynn and Tolzien are better and more important players than Banjo/Rolle, etc. Plus, those guys are likely to stay on the practice squad. If they go elsewhere, no big loss. There will always be similar players to replace them.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I predicted Ted would trade Tolzien for a NT. Still could happen.

I guess Seattle isn't the strongest up the middle on offense, so maybe Ted wants to take his time. Does anyone think that both Boyd and Perrillo are better than say, Pickett? I don't, and that's what's weird. That's why I think Ted makes a move there. He's not going for Pickett, so maybe he's got something else in mind. Then again, maybe that's the position at which he's gonna leave the cupboards bare this year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.