uffda udfa
9 years ago
Scared is absolutely 100% correct. Packers played as if they were unworthy to be on same field and they were right. That is why Mike McCarthy is fake tough among many other reasons and examples. "We're going there to kick their A$$." Yup. Sure. Okay, MM. Internet tough guys and you have a lot in common...could never back it up.

The factions on this board are interesting. We have those who see it as it is and those who wish it not to be as they see. The idealists on this board go to great lengths to rip realists for reality. Oh, 31 teams are disappointed...we're spoiled...etc. PUKE! PUKE! Sports are played for one reason and one reason only...to...WIN. If you don't watch with an expectation to be the best you should spend your time doing crafts or yardwork where you can entertain yourself.

I really wonder what Vince Lombardi would think of fans who type some of the excuses and enabling perspectives. I can't imagine he'd have a thing in common with someone like that.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Scared is absolutely 100% correct. Packers played as if they were unworthy to be on same field and they were right. That is why Mike McCarthy is fake tough among many other reasons and examples. "We're going there to kick their A$$." Yup. Sure. Okay, MM. Internet tough guys and you have a lot in common...could never back it up.

The factions on this board are interesting. We have those who see it as it is and those who wish it not to be as they see. The idealists on this board go to great lengths to rip realists for reality. Oh, 31 teams are disappointed...we're spoiled...etc. PUKE! PUKE! Sports are played for one reason and one reason only...to...WIN. If you don't watch with an expectation to be the best you should spend your time doing crafts or yardwork where you can entertain yourself.

I really wonder what Vince Lombardi would think of fans who type some of the excuses and enabling perspectives. I can't imagine he'd have a thing in common with someone like that.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Shi-i-i-i-t!!!

I suppose you're claiming that the stinking negativists are REALISTS? Oh woe is us; All is lost; We're UNWORTHY? Where do you get off peddling idiocy like that and calling it REALISM? Sheesh!

There were elements of being scared/more like too much respect for Seattle's D on the part of our coaching staff. Hopefully they will get off that crap. But to extrapolate from THAT to all this stupidity about the Packers being patently lousy, and calling it realism? That's nothing but panicky bullshit.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Panicky? Who is panicky? I watch to see a winner. We're not a winner unless you define a winner as a team who wins it's divison and gets dumped routinely in the playoffs.

There is no crazy emotional reaction on my part...this is the same stuff I talked about prior to the season so how could I be panicking or overreacting? This is just the realization of my concerns heading into the season.

We're down 1 game in the NFCN. Yup, it's early...don't worry...we'll win the divsion because we always do, right? I wonder at what point you will acquiesce to the fantasy that past results guarantee future performance. You can't have the brutal drafts we've had over the past few years and lose the coaches and front office personnel and pretend like nothing has changed but that is exactly what some of you do here.

My expectation was we'd win all our home games. I still think we can do that. I'm now no longer sure we can bat .500 on the road.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago

Shi-i-i-i-t!!!

I suppose you're claiming that the stinking negativists are REALISTS? Oh woe is us; All is lost; We're UNWORTHY? Where do you get off peddling idiocy like that and calling it REALISM? Sheesh!

There were elements of being scared/more like too much respect for Seattle's D on the part of our coaching staff. Hopefully they will get off that crap. But to extrapolate from THAT to all this stupidity about the Packers being patently lousy, and calling it realism? That's nothing but panicky bullshit.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

So do you really think the packers are going to beat Seattle or San Francisco this year? Seriously?

blank
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

So do you really think the packers are going to beat Seattle or San Francisco this year? Seriously?

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Uh, I'm pretty sure neither of them is on the remaining schedule ........ oh, you meant the playoffs? To read the crap some are posting in here, we don't even have a chance of making the playoffs hahahaha.

I saw the Niners against the Cowboys, and they didn't look all that hot - except for a bunch of blunders mainly from Romo, the Niners probably woulda lost.

Do I think the Packers WILL beat Seattle? I sure wouldn't bet against it hahahaha. I won't go so far at this point to predict a victory, but I certainly don't see the Packers as hopelessly outclassed or whatever some of these panicky fools would say.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago
Check out this video on YouTube:
[url=
]
[/url]

First take saying it plainly.

Sent from my iPad
blank
nerdmann
9 years ago

[url=

]
[/url]

Sent from my iPad

Disgraceful and shameful. Vince Lombardi is rolling over in his grave.

Not EVEN a finesse team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

[url=

]
[/url]

Sent from my iPad

"Brett Favre would have thrown at Richard Sherman." 😆
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

"Brett Favre would have thrown at Richard Sherman." 😆

Originally Posted by: wpr 

He did it against Deion and got picked at least once every time it seems. Iirc there were at least 2-3 pick 6's there too.

That Seahawks game was just F'n weird.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
9 years ago
So what if Aaron Rodgers was "scared?" How much can we really blame the guy, especially once Bulaga went out. The guy was under a lot of pressure in a hostile environment. Nothing rattles a QB more than constant pressure.

The First Take video stresses that Aaron Rodgers "wasn't even looking" at Sherman's side of the field. Is this true? Did he not even go through the progression on that side of the field? I truly don't know because I wasn't focusing on a single player. I find it hard to believe that he didn't even look to that side of the field though, as stated in that video. There was obviously a lot of hyperbole in the video, anyway. Moreover, I'm sure Aaron Rodgers played within the game plan, unless he for some reason went rogue. The blame is simply shared all the way around, not one player or one coach. Singling any one player out is silly, imo.

Either way, I don't really see how any of this matters. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had a very bad game. It was pretty embarrassing and they got spanked. No one is debating that. It happens sometimes. There's nothing to do about it now. The only thing that can be done is to prepare and correct the mistakes to ensure that it doesn't happen again. There's nothing else to do. The past can't be changed. Own the mistakes and the bad performances, and don't let it happen again. It's not going to be the Packers or Aaron Rodgers last bad game, either. If it makes anyone feel better to say the Packers were playing scared, than so be it. It doesn't achieve anything. I'm more concerned about improvements and corrections. I think the offense would be fine, but as usual, I'm most concerned about the defense. That is the Packers biggest problem, not Aaron Rodgers. Admittedly, he could play better often, but that's always going to be the case.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (3h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (3h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (3h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (19h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
45m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.