Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
This is my first post in this forum. So far from what I have read , it is more progressive than the one I just left. I find it refreshing that opinions are voiced, intelligently, and all seem to have a voice here. I will add my voice to this song as well.
I am very excited about most of what I see in the 2014 Packers, however I also see areas that IMO need improvement. I will be posting about both.
I like the format in this forum, but like the Packers, I will from time to time make comments improve it. I welcome making new friends, and will try not to start an enemies list. One thing that I've found that works well in other forums is the ability to "IGNORE" the post of members that one finds offensive.
The smileys in here are great, I salute this forum in this area ! [twocents]
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
9 years ago

This is my first post in this forum. So far from what I have read , it is more progressive than the one I just left. I find it refreshing that opinions are voiced, intelligently, and all seem to have a voice here. I will add my voice to this song as well.
I am very excited about most of what I see in the 2014 Packers, however I also see areas that IMO need improvement. I will be posting about both.
I like the format in this forum, but like the Packers, I will from time to time make comments improve it. I welcome making new friends, and will try not to start an enemies list. One thing that I've found that works well in other forums is the ability to "IGNORE" the post of members that one finds offensive.
The smileys in here are great, I salute this forum in this area ! [twocents]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Please direct comments to Zero2Cool, our king whom gives us harbor from disturbing non-packer things.

Things that may be considered "offensive" usually political/religious/blah is regulated to the "back alley" forum.

But if you just want packer talk, your in the right hole.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Smokey
  • Smokey
9 years ago

Please direct comments to Zero2Cool, our king whom gives us harbor from disturbing non-packer things.

Things that may be considered "offensive" usually political/religious/blah is regulated to the "back alley" forum.

But if you just want packer talk, your in the right hole.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

Thanks for your warm welcome. Religion/politics/blah are not on the agenda for a sports forum. Posting an opinion that may not be popular and not being persecuted for it is. I just left another forum because a jerk named "Longtimefan" is their S.Mod and likes to Ban members that he considers inappropriate.

As far as the Packers Defence is concerned, it is currently one of the leagues worst at giving up points. The bottom line is to score more than your scored on. The heart of the problem is the heart of the D-line, the Nose Tackle. The next man up philosophy just aint working (or at ROT either). Yet we hear the winning of " we don't have the cap money".
If a more flexible strategy were possible, we could have the cap money and get the players the team needs. Other teams do it, look at the teams that do it well, they have deep second and sometimes third team players that really can step up. [duh]
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
This is more of a "welcome" type post, so I moved it into the appropriate section and gave it a awesome flashy neat title! 🙂

This was done so you can have the proper welcome and it doesn't get swallowed up by that silly Packers discussion stuff! [grin1]

Welcome aboard! And Laser, thank you. Yes, we are quite open with opinions here and regardless of a few turds, we DO NOT attack the person, but rather we target the OPINION as that is the goal of discussion.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
glad to have you on board Smokey. I look forward to reading more of your opinions. So far I like what I have read.

BTW- f you agree with me on all things we will be good friends. [sarcasm]
As for the smilies, Z2C has been adding to them for awhile.

Edit- of course you can feel free to applaud me every chance you get. 😆
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
That is funny Smokey. I will try and be worthy of your applause in the future.

Side note-

Whenever I see or hear the name Smokey I think of my old uncle's dog Smokey. It was a rather large German Shepard and he was a pretty neat dog. Pretty smart too.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
Zero if Smokey does any more recruiting you are going to have to give him a year's free subscription to PackersHome.com.

Maybe a nice set of luggage too.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
9 years ago

Zero if Smokey does any more recruiting you are going to have to give him a year's free subscription to PackersHome.com.

Maybe a nice set of luggage too.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Luggage I got, send a fifth of Jack Daniels ! 👍
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.