buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

[wallme]

[roflmao] [roflmao] [roflmao] [roflmao]

You all just keep falling for huffy's tactics.

The only flaws are the ones writers and fans make up.

[zipmouth]
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Thank you, Dodd... He was the "single biggest contributor". Finally, you validate me.

Yes, Steve a team has 45 active on gameday. There was more than just Aaron. Those talking about Philly and Chicago... Aaron wasn't all that good in either game. He was the reason we filleted Atlanta and beat Pittsburgh. Hence, we won the SB because of his greatness validated by the SB MVP that day. The MVP to Aaron was a no brainer. One of the best performances in a SB you'll ever see by a QB. I can, with extreme confidence, say we do not win the SB without Aaron Rodgers. Why anyone would try diminishing his vital role to the one ring we have in his era is puzzling. I guess that is the difference between how we view TT. You think Ted Thompson is the reason we're an above average franchise. I have no doubt it's Aaron Rodgers.

Tell me...what have the Packers been minus Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers going back to the 60's? Tell me.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago
There were a lot of other guys like Greg Jennings, Desmond Bishop, Tramon Williams, and Nick Collins who had they not played as well as they did a Superbowl probably doesn't happen either. Trying to Give Aaron Rodgers all the credit for winning the Superbowl that year is just dumb and giving those guys some credit doesn't diminish his role in any way. Like I said he's not the only reason we won the Superbowl by a longshot. It has nothing to do with Ted Thompson other than the fact that the team he built in 2010 was a championship caliber TEAM not just Rodgers dragging along a bunch of scrubs.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

There were a lot of other guys like Greg Jennings, Desmond Bishop, Tramon Williams, and Nick Collins who had they not played as well as they did a Superbowl probably doesn't happen either. Trying to Give Aaron Rodgers all the credit for winning the Superbowl that year is just dumb and giving those guys some credit doesn't diminish his role in any way. Like I said he's not the only reason we won the Superbowl by a longshot. It has nothing to do with Ted Thompson other than the fact that the team he built in 2010 was a championship caliber TEAM not just Rodgers dragging along a bunch of scrubs.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yes! There DOES need to be a team around Aaron...but that team doesn't win minus Rodgers. Our team...NOW...is not good enough around Rodgers.

The question went unanswered so I'll ask it again... What have the Packers been minus Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers going back to the 60's? A: Not very good

Our QB defines us... he was why we won it in 2010. Yes, decent supporting cast. It was nowhere near the defense Favre had under Wolf when he won his.

I can't help but think of the Colts with Peyton Manning when I think of the Packers. Manning hurts his neck and the team moves on... they become the worst in the league. The team then drafts a stud QB and is good again. Bill Polian got a ton of credit for Indy's run under Manning. Minus Manning he wasn't what everyone thought he was with him. The same applies to TT. He gets Rodgers and he's a GM worthy of an extension while his defense has been falling apart little by little year after year. I will never understand that. I won't.

Tomorrow may be a changing of the guard for how even Packers fans view their Packers. If Detroit does to us what they did last year, the eyes may finally start opening. Shoot, these next 3 games vs. the division should say alot about us. Chicago isn't very good... and Minnesota is in total uncharted territory with the AD situation. Should be interesting to see how we look the next 3 games. A loss at Detroit isn't the end of the world but if they don't look good at all in the loss I'll be terribly concerned as I am right now.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago
2010 defense is actually not far off from 1996 especially if you account for the higher amount of scoring leaguewide between the 2 years. They allowed 1.8 more points per game than in 1996 while the league as a whole allowed 1.6 more points per game. They ranked 2nd in the league while in 1996 they ranked 1st. Yeah not even close...
uffda udfa
9 years ago

2010 defense is actually not far off from 1996 especially if you account for the higher amount of scoring leaguewide between the 2 years. They allowed 1.8 more points per game than in 1996 while the league as a whole allowed 1.6 more points per game. They ranked 2nd in the league while in 1996 they ranked 1st. Yeah not even close...

The 2010 version had no Reggie White... Cullen Jenkins a nice player, but not Reggie White. You think the Packers D of 2010 was anywhere in the same league as the one in '96? The 2010 version barely got us into the playoffs at all. The 1996 version was pretty formidable.

If you could pick a D to play for the current Packers, would you choose the '96 D or the 2010 D? Yeah, not even close.

UserPostedImage

steveishere
9 years ago

The 2010 version had no Reggie White... Cullen Jenkins a nice player, but not Reggie White. You think the Packers D of 2010 was anywhere in the same league as the one in '96? The 2010 version barely got us into the playoffs at all. The 1996 version was pretty formidable.

If you could pick a D to play for the current Packers, would you choose the '96 D or the 2010 D? Yeah, not even close.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Cullen Jenkins wasn't an edge rusher like Reggie White Clay Matthews was. Funny how you completely ignored the numbers I posted. Also funny how you say it was the defense that barely got us to the playoffs when they performed a lot better during the season than the offense did. You keep touting yourself as "realistic" but all I'm really seeing is blind hate. You are so all-in against Ted Thompson that you can't even bring yourself to admit he built a great team for one season. It seems you've gone too far in the other direction bud.
nerdmann
9 years ago

Cullen Jenkins wasn't an edge rusher like Reggie White Clay Matthews was. Funny how you completely ignored the numbers I posted. Also funny how you say it was the defense that barely got us to the playoffs when they performed a lot better during the season than the offense did. You keep touting yourself as "realistic" but all I'm really seeing is blind hate. You are so all-in against Ted Thompson that you can't even bring yourself to admit he built a great team for one season. It seems you've gone too far in the other direction bud.

Cwood was our "Reggie White" type leader on D.

His halftime speech went a long way toward sealing that victory.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
9 years ago

Yes! There DOES need to be a team around Aaron...but that team doesn't win minus Rodgers. Our team...NOW...is not good enough around Rodgers.

The question went unanswered so I'll ask it again... What have the Packers been minus Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers going back to the 60's? A: Not very good

Our QB defines us... he was why we won it in 2010. Yes, decent supporting cast. It was nowhere near the defense Favre had under Wolf when he won his.

I can't help but think of the Colts with Peyton Manning when I think of the Packers. Manning hurts his neck and the team moves on... they become the worst in the league. The team then drafts a stud QB and is good again. Bill Polian got a ton of credit for Indy's run under Manning. Minus Manning he wasn't what everyone thought he was with him. The same applies to TT. He gets Rodgers and he's a GM worthy of an extension while his defense has been falling apart little by little year after year. I will never understand that. I won't.

Tomorrow may be a changing of the guard for how even Packers fans view their Packers. If Detroit does to us what they did last year, the eyes may finally start opening. Shoot, these next 3 games vs. the division should say alot about us. Chicago isn't very good... and Minnesota is in total uncharted territory with the AD situation. Should be interesting to see how we look the next 3 games. A loss at Detroit isn't the end of the world but if they don't look good at all in the loss I'll be terribly concerned as I am right now.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What would you have said in 2010 when the Packers were sitting at 3-3, coming off a Rodgers concussion and a pair of overtime field goal losses. It's a hypothetical, but I'd bet everything in my pockets against everything in your pockets that you'd say "this team is not good enough to win a Super Bowl."

But then things started clicking for that team. By season's end, James Starks had emerged as at at least some semblance of a rushing threat. The running defense had shored up, good enough for top two in the league. Green Bay was making plays on the QB (finished 2nd in that category too, I believe) and an opportunistic secondary lead the league in takeaways.

And in the playoffs Starks powered the Packer run game to 100+ yards against Philly.

Then Tramon had the enormous pick-6 before half against Atlanta and Rodgers was virtuoso -- with huge plays by Jordy and James Jones, to boot.

And in Chicago, Rodgers' best play was tackling Urlacher after the pick. And then Raji gets his INT for a TD a dance lesson for all big men. And Shields sealed the deal with a pick of Haney.

And in the Super Bowl, big Howard Green busts his fat ass through the line, forcing a lame duck for the great Nick Collins, who brought it back to the house.

And Jordy overcame a pair of drops for a monster game. And Matthew forces the fumble. And Rodgers continues his postseason mastery. Along the way, nobodies named Zombo and Quarless made impact plays.

That's how the script was written. It was totally improbable in 2010, but the team pulled it together and by the time the Pack had their plane tickets to Dallas, there were plenty of believers. Not so much in Week 6

The script doesn't get fucking written in Week 2. So while you hold passionately the idea that the Packers can't hack it, I and several others would rather ride the wave every week without shitting on the thing that we love.

And it IS true that many of us recognize the weaknesses of the team. Trust me. I'm a very realistic fan. Most Packer fan friends I have refuse to watch games with me for that reason.

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
uffda udfa
9 years ago

What would you have said in 2010 when the Packers were sitting at 3-3, coming off a Rodgers concussion and a pair of overtime field goal losses. It's a hypothetical, but I'd bet everything in my pockets against everything in your pockets that you'd say "this team is not good enough to win a Super Bowl."

But then things started clicking for that team. By season's end, James Starks had emerged as at at least some semblance of a rushing threat. The running defense had shored up, good enough for top two in the league. Green Bay was making plays on the QB (finished 2nd in that category too, I believe) and an opportunistic secondary lead the league in takeaways.

And in the playoffs Starks powered the Packer run game to 100+ yards against Philly.

Then Tramon had the enormous pick-6 before half against Atlanta and Rodgers was virtuoso -- with huge plays by Jordy and James Jones, to boot.

And in Chicago, Rodgers' best play was tackling Urlacher after the pick. And then Raji gets his INT for a TD a dance lesson for all big men. And Shields sealed the deal with a pick of Haney.

And in the Super Bowl, big Howard Green busts his fat ass through the line, forcing a lame duck for the great Nick Collins, who brought it back to the house.

And Jordy overcame a pair of drops for a monster game. And Matthew forces the fumble. And Rodgers continues his postseason mastery. Along the way, nobodies named Zombo and Quarless made impact plays.

That's how the script was written. It was totally improbable in 2010, but the team pulled it together and by the time the Pack had their plane tickets to Dallas, there were plenty of believers. Not so much in Week 6

The script doesn't get f*cking written in Week 2. So while you hold passionately the idea that the Packers can't hack it, I and several others would rather ride the wave every week without sh*tting on the thing that we love.

And it IS true that many of us recognize the weaknesses of the team. Trust me. I'm a very realistic fan. Most Packer fan friends I have refuse to watch games with me for that reason.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

First, to the "blind hate" comment. It is neither blind nor hate.

Your question is a good one... What did I think in 2010 at 3-3? I was hopeful for an ascending team off the disappointing loss vs. Arizona in the playoffs the following year. There was a ton of momentum coming into 2010. Finley's infamous proclamation at Family night comes to mind. I was very much looking forward to that season. At 3-3, clearly, I was disappointed and wondered where we were headed. All the injuries that year were crippling.

We BARELY got into the playoffs that year. To say we were a "great" team is a little much. It took a win over a Bears team who was in rest mode to even get in. I'll bet Lovie Smith regrets to this day not trying harder to take the Packers out. I would quantify what happened that year as more of the luck scenario than anything. As much as I expected we could go on a SB run, after all the injuries it really was improbable. I think it was the best coaching job ever done. I really do. I think Mike McCarthy is below average as a HC but that year was just insanely good. We had a feeling of greatness heading into the year and it carried all the way through to a ring.

I hate to revert here but I did not and do not feel any of that same buzz I did back in 2010 regarding this team. I truly believe it's headed the wrong direction and will be fortunate to achieve the 1 and done it has the past few years.

Yes, is it within the realm of possibility we could get a 2010 in 2014? Sure...however, it is very unlikely. 2010 stands as an anomaly when weighed vs. the body of evidence of the other recent seasons.

Glad you're a realist but sorry to hear people won't watch Packers games with you. I'm pretty low key when it comes to my disappointment during games. Yes, I unleash it in writing but my persona isn't changed much. I do get pumped when I see something I like. I've yet to get there this year. Perhaps, tomorrow is the day.

The practice of optimism is a good one. However, you have to strain well beyond the bounds of likelihood to really have any regarding this defense. It simply is not good enough. Some will argue the 2010 vs. 1996 thing and that's fine... the truth is that our current defense isn't close to either one of those defenses nor will it magically become it as the season rolls along. My ONLY hope is Mike Pennel and Jayrone Elliott add something and somehow Ha Ha turns into a real factor...things not very likely to happen.

We'll know a lot about this D tomorrow. Tore up by Seattle... embarrassed by the Jets... let's see what it does in that dome environment of Detroit. I'm cringing just thinking about that.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.