Yerko
9 years ago

Detroit has no running game so if we can manage to cuadruple-cover megatron they won't be able to score.
Stafford is also the kind of QB that we like, he is not mobile and he is emotional. He is on my list of best friends with Cutler and Romo.

The only problem for our defense is covering the TEs, we usually suck very badly at that.

There's no way the Lion's secondary can stop Rodgers in a dome game. Cobb has very good games in domes and I think somebody will step up from the TE group in this game.

My prediction:

Packers 28
Detroit 17

Originally Posted by: luigis 

While I do not disagree about the lack of a run game for the Lions, I still think the Packers will struggle with it. The Lions have speed all over and speed kills this defense. If Bush or Bell get the ball in open space, it could be a very long game for the Packers defense. I foresee Dom calling a 3 man blitz through gap A and baby face Stafford dropping a screen to a wide open RB. Hope they prove me wrong.

Offensively, I think the Packers are going to excel in all aspects. While the Lions have a good rush defense, I think Lacy is really going to step his game up. He is due. All I can hope for is that McCarthy calls a better run game. That means not running that damn toss/pitch play that gains nothing. You have to play smashmouth football against these guys in the run game. No way the Lions secondary is going to keep up with Rodgers and Co.

Rodgers will throw a minimum of 4 TDs on Sunday afternoon.
UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago
Detroit's already shaky secondary is really banged up. That's where the Pack stand to do the most damage. Still, would be nice if the running game shakes a few cobwebs and returns to 2013 form. Lacy doesn't need to go off, but needs to run the ball well enough to keep us in favorable down and distances.

The Lions have a nasty front four. As Bob McGinn said in recent JS podcast, even their reserve DE George Johnson is a "whirling dervish." If the Packers o-line can hold up, there should be opportunity for some big gains. I think this is a week where it could mean a lot to establish the middle of the field with one or more of our tight ends. That's the hope, at least.

Defensively Green Bay needs to come out on the better side of the explosive plays. Megatron is a monster, everyone knows that. But they can't let Reggie Bush or Golden Taint or Ebron to shred 'em either. Tramon has allowed a QB rating of 7 to QBs who throw it his way. That means Sammy Shields and our safeties are going to have to do their part to keep Megatron from murdering us.

Not too worried about stopping the Detroit run. They aren't committed to it, anyway.

Packers are the better team. I don't fear Detroit as much as others, though, I'll admit. The Lions have talent but don't often put it all together. Outside of their playmakers and D-line, that's not a very good team.

Packers pull it out on the road 30-24.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
luigis
9 years ago

While I do not disagree about the lack of a run game for the Lions, I still think the Packers will struggle with it. The Lions have speed all over and speed kills this defense. If Bush or Bell get the ball in open space, it could be a very long game for the Packers defense. I foresee Dom calling a 3 man blitz through gap A and baby face Stafford dropping a screen to a wide open RB. Hope they prove me wrong.

Offensively, I think the Packers are going to excel in all aspects. While the Lions have a good rush defense, I think Lacy is really going to step his game up. He is due. All I can hope for is that McCarthy calls a better run game. That means not running that damn toss/pitch play that gains nothing. You have to play smashmouth football against these guys in the run game. No way the Lions secondary is going to keep up with Rodgers and Co.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Yes, the screens and the short RB routes also scare me. We usually have no defense at all against that kind of gameplan. I think this is because our ILBs are not very good in lateral speed. I've never seen Hawk or Jones stop a screen pass near the LOS.

What do you think?
Luis
nerdmann
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

The offense will go into a lull for two quarters. But we'll score on their pass defense. They have a better run D than we do, but the rules favor the passing game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Smokey
9 years ago
Green Bay - 17
Detroit - 16

UserPostedImage
Gilligan
9 years ago
Rogers will spread out that weak Secondary and exploit the mismatches.
Packers on defense will probably blitz that right side like crazy, forcing Stafford to throw check down passes to the guys that drop too many passes.

Lions DL vs Packers OL has me concerned though, that could be a very key weakness.

Still think that turnovers (no cheesey, not the apple ones), will be a telling tale.
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Bush and Bell and maybe even Riddick are a major concern on that turf. I think the Lions running game is quite formidable and will be a huge problem for us today as we try very hard to slow Megatron which we almost never do.

Stafford's immobility is a key into him forcing throws for INT's.

On O, I don't expect anything from Eddie. Our OL is horribly overmatched vs. Detroit's DL especially on that turf.

This is a spread them out game and keep the TE in to protect. If Aaron has time he will slice and dice their putrid secondary. All WR's in this game should have nice games, IF Aaron doesn't get drilled which is a big concern. Ansah, Suh, Fairley... Levy... Ugh. That could be very ugly.

Detroit is coming off an embarrassing performance vs. Carolina while we're coming off a win that felt like a loss. I expect the Lions very best today. This is their moment to show that Schwartz is gone and it's a new era in the NFCN. Lions are going to be dialed in today.

Special teams should be a factor today also. Jeremy Ross vs. his former team with something to prove. Will we get Jeff Janis, today? Nate Freese, the Lions K, blew some FG's last week. He's shaky for sure and may be the difference today.

What I really want to see is will Aaron tuck and run when it's there or will he be fearful against this D and knowing what happened a few years ago with the concussion? Will we be like we were in Seattle...scared on O? We'll know right away if we're there to play or cower.

These Lions games have so much ability to go to extremes either direction. I had this one as a loss, I believe, before the season. Rodgers is undefeated vs. Detroit when he starts and finishes the game. Only loss was the concussion game at Detroit.

Lions at home makes me believe this one will be too much for our boys who don't look ready this year.

Take Detroit 40-28.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Green Bay Packers Inactives
16 QB Scott Tolzien
39 CB Demetri Goodson
54 LB Carl Bradford
59 LB Brad Jones
64 DT Mike Pennel
83 WR Jeff Janis
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago
Another week, another tough test for the oline (I think some people underrated the Jets front 7 due to the fact that well, they're the Jets). Detroit's secondary looks like swiss cheese with all the injuries. Should be able to take advantage of that.

Time for the D to start being more consistent. Why on earth is Pennel inactive with the way our run defense has been the past two games?
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Another week, another tough test for the oline (I think some people underrated the Jets front 7 due to the fact that well, they're the Jets). Detroit's secondary looks like swiss cheese with all the injuries. Should be able to take advantage of that.

Time for the D to start being more consistent. Why on earth is Pennel inactive with the way our run defense has been the past two games?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

This means that Jayrone Elliott is active...that's exciting to me. Why Janis and Pennel are inactive every week is puzzling. Janis was behind due to his shingles in pre-season. Perhaps, it's taking him time to get up to speed.

Also, this means Bulaga is going to give it a go.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (2h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.