uffda udfa
9 years ago

Ok he is a scout in the NFC North division. A scout for San Diego for example would be familiar with the GB organization but would not scout them every single year extensively enough to have an accurate opinion on every player on the team. So what do you want a scout for divisional rival to say publicly? That GB has the greatest team around? Not really he is going to criticize it as much as he can. He will down play their abilities and magnify their weaknesses.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I completely disagree with this conclusion. I think it's the exact opposite. If he is a NFCN related individual he would be wise to oversell the Packers. All this piece did if our players are motivated at all anymore is give bulletin board material. If I'm Mike Daniels I cut out what he said about me and tape it inside my locker.

Knowing this will be unpopular, I have to say that this piece is going to rankle those who, like our GM, have overvalued our own. This team is not that talented and this piece just points out what I consider to be a reality.

It is always hard coming to grips with an unpopular reality. We've gotten a taste of it through 2 weeks so far.

You optimists will be tested mightily. Let's see if you pass or fail.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Knowing this will be unpopular, I have to say that this piece is going to rankle those who, like our GM, have overvalued our own. This team is not that talented and this piece just points out what I consider to be a reality.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If you have read any of my posts you will know this is not me. I don't fit into your preconceived pigeon hole ideas for other members here. I have questioned the job of Uncle Teddy. I have questioned the play calling from Mike and his DC. I have questioned the heart and toughness of this team. I question the validity of the draft and develop philosophy. I question the lack of FA acquisitions. I question the success of the draft. I have questioned it all.

And yet I still say McGinn is self serving and looked for someone who would support his view point rather than finding the "real facts" and modifying his point of view to reflect them.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

If you have read any of my posts you will know this is not me. I don't fit into your preconceived pigeon hole ideas for other members here. I have questioned the job of Uncle Teddy. I have questioned the play calling from Mike and his DC. I have questioned the heart and toughness of this team. I question the validity of the draft and develop philosophy. I question the lack of FA acquisitions. I question the success of the draft. I have questioned it all.

And yet I still say McGinn is self serving and looked for someone who would support his view point rather than finding the "real facts" and modifying his point of view to reflect them.

Didn't McGinn say in the piece that he predicted 12-4 for the Packers before the season? I think Bob has seen what we are, so far, and has amended in his mind where we're really at. I happen to agree with him on this. Hard to see a 12-4 from what we've seen the first two weeks. Seems we overrated our Packers.

Today, is the day we'll know a lot more. I really agree with that scout about how this is a major indicator of how this season is ultimately going to turn out. Buckle up.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
9 years ago

Whatever McGinn did, I disagree with the analysis.

We do have some depth issues, but that's more on the training staff than Ted. And I think Sherrod's coming along ok. He needs to get his foot quickness back up to speed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I find some of the replies interesting. One of my biggest pet peeves in the posting world is when I read someone type that they just defer to Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy because they know more than they do.

However, when it comes to something they disagree with all of a sudden they do know more and throw up all kinds of objections. This is not directed at anyone specific but it is a mindset you'll find on fan boards everywhere. See something you don't like and get into a debate with someone? Just throw out the Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy know more than you or I so I'll just defer to them. Read someone in the professional ranks offer something that you don't agree with and all of a sudden they're wrong and you actually know something.

Bottom line...this is a professional opinion of the Packers. It doesn't mean it's correct, but it does show that we're not some type of consensus great team. There are doubters and I'm sure that number is quite high.
UserPostedImage

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
No we are average at the moment. 1-1 is a pretty good indicator that you are average or good as a whole at that particular moment. 2-1 sounds a lot better than 1-2. We'll know which one we are later today 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
Err 8-8 looks optimistic

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
9 years ago
We're shitting ourselves, but it's not due to the personnell.

It's due to the offensive game plan, and general offensive philosophy.

The biggest question on this team is the NT position, followed by the ILB position. But the defense held up it's part of the bargain today.

It's the high vaunted offense that continues to self shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

We're sh*tting ourselves, but it's not due to the personnell.

It's due to the offensive game plan, and general offensive philosophy.

The biggest question on this team is the NT position, followed by the ILB position. But the defense held up it's part of the bargain today.

It's the high vaunted offense that continues to self sh*t.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

We don't have enough offensive weapons. Finley's loss was a major concern of mine heading into this season. He was gameplanned for and now we have NOTHING at TE. NOTHING. James Jones is gone. Boykin is okay.
Adams needs to get his head into the game. Our OL is BAD. Lacy barely has 100 yards in 3 games.

If the D played like this every week we'll win plenty of games. Just a horrific offensive performance vs. a very poor Lions secondary. Pitiful. It was the Jets game minus the comeback today.

UserPostedImage

macbob
9 years ago

Our OL is BAD. Lacy barely has 100 yards in 3 games.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Don't know if you can blame that ALL on the OL. Yes, they haven't been good, but part of it is playcalling.

Lacy's had 25 carries in the 3 games--that's 8 carries a game, or two carries per quarter. There's no way to generate a ton of yards if that's all you're touching the ball.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.