uffda udfa
9 years ago

Ok he is a scout in the NFC North division. A scout for San Diego for example would be familiar with the GB organization but would not scout them every single year extensively enough to have an accurate opinion on every player on the team. So what do you want a scout for divisional rival to say publicly? That GB has the greatest team around? Not really he is going to criticize it as much as he can. He will down play their abilities and magnify their weaknesses.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I completely disagree with this conclusion. I think it's the exact opposite. If he is a NFCN related individual he would be wise to oversell the Packers. All this piece did if our players are motivated at all anymore is give bulletin board material. If I'm Mike Daniels I cut out what he said about me and tape it inside my locker.

Knowing this will be unpopular, I have to say that this piece is going to rankle those who, like our GM, have overvalued our own. This team is not that talented and this piece just points out what I consider to be a reality.

It is always hard coming to grips with an unpopular reality. We've gotten a taste of it through 2 weeks so far.

You optimists will be tested mightily. Let's see if you pass or fail.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Knowing this will be unpopular, I have to say that this piece is going to rankle those who, like our GM, have overvalued our own. This team is not that talented and this piece just points out what I consider to be a reality.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If you have read any of my posts you will know this is not me. I don't fit into your preconceived pigeon hole ideas for other members here. I have questioned the job of Uncle Teddy. I have questioned the play calling from Mike and his DC. I have questioned the heart and toughness of this team. I question the validity of the draft and develop philosophy. I question the lack of FA acquisitions. I question the success of the draft. I have questioned it all.

And yet I still say McGinn is self serving and looked for someone who would support his view point rather than finding the "real facts" and modifying his point of view to reflect them.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

If you have read any of my posts you will know this is not me. I don't fit into your preconceived pigeon hole ideas for other members here. I have questioned the job of Uncle Teddy. I have questioned the play calling from Mike and his DC. I have questioned the heart and toughness of this team. I question the validity of the draft and develop philosophy. I question the lack of FA acquisitions. I question the success of the draft. I have questioned it all.

And yet I still say McGinn is self serving and looked for someone who would support his view point rather than finding the "real facts" and modifying his point of view to reflect them.

Didn't McGinn say in the piece that he predicted 12-4 for the Packers before the season? I think Bob has seen what we are, so far, and has amended in his mind where we're really at. I happen to agree with him on this. Hard to see a 12-4 from what we've seen the first two weeks. Seems we overrated our Packers.

Today, is the day we'll know a lot more. I really agree with that scout about how this is a major indicator of how this season is ultimately going to turn out. Buckle up.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
9 years ago

Whatever McGinn did, I disagree with the analysis.

We do have some depth issues, but that's more on the training staff than Ted. And I think Sherrod's coming along ok. He needs to get his foot quickness back up to speed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I find some of the replies interesting. One of my biggest pet peeves in the posting world is when I read someone type that they just defer to Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy because they know more than they do.

However, when it comes to something they disagree with all of a sudden they do know more and throw up all kinds of objections. This is not directed at anyone specific but it is a mindset you'll find on fan boards everywhere. See something you don't like and get into a debate with someone? Just throw out the Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy know more than you or I so I'll just defer to them. Read someone in the professional ranks offer something that you don't agree with and all of a sudden they're wrong and you actually know something.

Bottom line...this is a professional opinion of the Packers. It doesn't mean it's correct, but it does show that we're not some type of consensus great team. There are doubters and I'm sure that number is quite high.
UserPostedImage

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
No we are average at the moment. 1-1 is a pretty good indicator that you are average or good as a whole at that particular moment. 2-1 sounds a lot better than 1-2. We'll know which one we are later today 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
Err 8-8 looks optimistic

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
9 years ago
We're shitting ourselves, but it's not due to the personnell.

It's due to the offensive game plan, and general offensive philosophy.

The biggest question on this team is the NT position, followed by the ILB position. But the defense held up it's part of the bargain today.

It's the high vaunted offense that continues to self shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago

We're sh*tting ourselves, but it's not due to the personnell.

It's due to the offensive game plan, and general offensive philosophy.

The biggest question on this team is the NT position, followed by the ILB position. But the defense held up it's part of the bargain today.

It's the high vaunted offense that continues to self sh*t.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

We don't have enough offensive weapons. Finley's loss was a major concern of mine heading into this season. He was gameplanned for and now we have NOTHING at TE. NOTHING. James Jones is gone. Boykin is okay.
Adams needs to get his head into the game. Our OL is BAD. Lacy barely has 100 yards in 3 games.

If the D played like this every week we'll win plenty of games. Just a horrific offensive performance vs. a very poor Lions secondary. Pitiful. It was the Jets game minus the comeback today.

UserPostedImage

macbob
9 years ago

Our OL is BAD. Lacy barely has 100 yards in 3 games.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Don't know if you can blame that ALL on the OL. Yes, they haven't been good, but part of it is playcalling.

Lacy's had 25 carries in the 3 games--that's 8 carries a game, or two carries per quarter. There's no way to generate a ton of yards if that's all you're touching the ball.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.