evad04
9 years ago

The last time Rodgers got off to a slow start they won the Super Bowl [grin1]

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Yeah but that was back before he A) Lost the chip on his shoulder 😎 Got a ring C) Got a bunch of commercial deals D) Won an MVP E) Starting banging Olivia Munn F) Lost his motivation G) Turned into Jim Everett

Rodgers played like poo today, compared to HIS standard. Missed too many throws. Probably held on to the ball too long.

But based on a few comments you'd swear his time as an elite player is over. Ridiculous.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
DakotaT
9 years ago

The depths of your a$hole-ness know no bounds. Starting with generalization about "complacent" fans and leading down to backhanded comment about how folks on this board don't know our issues.

They played like trash today on offense. There's no excuse for that. But rather than grasping at straws or fabricating motivation theories (do you read tarot cards, too?), I chalk it up to an ugly day. And they need to get it straightened out in a hurry.

Rodgers didn't bring his A-game today. Or even his B-game. But I wasn't left with the impression that it was because he's unmotivated.

And congratulations for patting yourself on the back about why this team is underperforming. Self-serving sonuvabitch.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

You talk to Uffda like I do Gunny and Texas, and I like that. 😂
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

The depths of your a$hole-ness know no bounds. Starting with generalization about "complacent" fans and leading down to backhanded comment about how folks on this board don't know our issues.

They played like trash today on offense. There's no excuse for that. But rather than grasping at straws or fabricating motivation theories (do you read tarot cards, too?), I chalk it up to an ugly day. And they need to get it straightened out in a hurry.

Rodgers didn't bring his A-game today. Or even his B-game. But I wasn't left with the impression that it was because he's unmotivated.

And congratulations for patting yourself on the back about why this team is underperforming. Self-serving sonuvabitch.

I hope you feel better. There's no excuse? There is ALWAYS a reason why things happen as they do. Your allegation is "they played like trash" ... "it was an ugly day"??? Wow. That's some deep analysis.

Please, compare Rodgers motivation prior to winning the SB to what it is now. Is he more motivated, less motivated or the same? Tell me. I think you know the answer...you just don't like it's extrapolation.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

evad04
9 years ago

I hope you feel better. There's no excuse? There is ALWAYS a reason why things happen as they do. Your allegation is "they played like trash" ... "it was an ugly day"??? Wow. That's some deep analysis.

Please, compare Rodgers motivation prior to winning the SB to what it is now. Is he more motivated, less motivated or the same? Tell me. I think you know the answer...you just don't like it's extrapolation.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I'm not even going to dignify your motivation bullshit with a response. And as for cutting insight, you provide a worthless theory. Thanks for nothing.

Yeah, they played like trash. If I'm required to cite specifics, why not lead with an offensive line that opened no holes. You've got Boykin and Cobb each with a pair of critical drops. You've got Rodgers holding on to the ball too long at times. And 12 missed Nelson on the crucial 4th and 5. Had he led Nelson to the inside, 87 probably makes that play and they score.

I don't have a huge problem with the offensive playcalling because as we've had explained the Lions were in a two-deep shell basically the entire game. That's a front the Packers *should* be able to make gains against on the ground. Run blocking was once again horrid. Green Bay maybe should have used Starks more, as his running style seemed a better fit against the Lions.

Time of possession swung dramatically in favor of Detroit in the second half. All things considered, they enter the 3rd quarter down just five after surrendering 9 points on a fumble and a safety. I was confident they'd get it turned around. They clearly didn't. Worst offensive performance I've seen in a while.

Do I still need to "wake up," you condescending piece of crap? I'm not above being critical of the Packers. But I don't go around espousing ludicrous conjecture about a player's motivation. Give me a break.

And "it's" means "it is"

It's not possessive.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Cheesey
9 years ago
I don't think it's desire. I think he wants to win.
He's just playing lousy.
My opinion is that he's "gun shy". Afraid to get hurt again.
And that is affecting his concentration.
The defense played good today. Put pressure on their QB. Gave up only 10 points.
This loss is 100% on the offense.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
People please discuss the issues without personal attacks and name calling. There will be suspensions handed out for those who fail to adhere to this.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I'm not even going to dignify your motivation bullsh*t with a response. And as for cutting insight, you provide a worthless theory. Thanks for nothing.

Yeah, they played like trash. If I'm required to cite specifics, why not lead with an offensive line that opened no holes. You've got Boykin and Cobb each with a pair of critical drops. You've got Rodgers holding on to the ball too long at times. And 12 missed Nelson on the crucial 4th and 5. Had he led Nelson to the inside, 87 probably makes that play and they score.

I don't have a huge problem with the offensive playcalling because as we've had explained the Lions were in a two-deep shell basically the entire game. That's a front the Packers *should* be able to make gains against on the ground. Run blocking was once again horrid. Green Bay maybe should have used Starks more, as his running style seemed a better fit against the Lions.

Time of possession swung dramatically in favor of Detroit in the second half. All things considered, they enter the 3rd quarter down just five after surrendering 9 points on a fumble and a safety. I was confident they'd get it turned around. They clearly didn't. Worst offensive performance I've seen in a while.

Do I still need to "wake up," you condescending piece of crap? I'm not above being critical of the Packers. But I don't go around espousing ludicrous conjecture about a player's motivation. Give me a break.

And "it's" means "it is"

It's not possessive.

I understand what it's means...thank you. The 2 deep shell... the same shell we struggled against last year? You mean we STILL can't beat that? What you need vs. that is...SPEED. Who offers that? Janis. Where was he? Inactive.

If you didn't like today, I'm sorry...get used to it. EVERY team that plays us is going to play 2 deep... the only time we'll beat it is when we play an inferior DL and that won't be often considering our OL.

How can we continue to struggle vs. a certain defense that hindered us all last season? How? What did we do to fix that in the off season with personnel and scheme? It appears...NOTHING. The mark of a great organization for sure. No wonder Rodgers is hot. No help. None. Meanwhile the guy responsible for not helping him gets an extension.

IT'S TERRIBLE! IT IS!

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
9 years ago
I've said Rodgers hasn't played good enough in multiple key losses the past few seasons. He has to be better. I personally don't think he's consistently good enough to win against some defenses without more help. But it's not unreasonable to hope/expect that he gets more help. The Packers offensive line isn't good enough. The receivers aren't getting enough separation and have butterfingers too often. The running backs are making poor decisions. Unless Aaron Rodgers plays absolutely perfectly, the Packers aren't going to overcome those odds. Even if he does, they may not.

Fortunately, the defense looked good today. That's about as good as you can expect from this squad against a team like Detroit at home. I think the offense will sort itself out pretty soon. If the defense can keep playing like they did today, the Packers should be fine. I really can't imagine Aaron Rodgers continuing to play as bad as he did today. He's been missing throws and being horribly inaccurate on several of the quick throws. It's just not like him. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to return to form at some point.

The Packers have a pass rush! Julius Peppers is proof that free agency CAN be incredibly useful for this team. When Ted Thompson seriously dabbles in free agency (e.g. not bottom dwellers), he's actually pretty successful at it. I'm just not sure why he doesn't do it more. It generally helps the team (Pickett, Woodson, Peppers). This defense would NOT be as good without Julius Peppers. Especially now that Clay is already getting dinged up. How available will Clay be throughout the season?

Rodgers has to play better though. There's no excuses for it. But he also needs more help, especially from the offensive line. It seems like that has been the case for his entire starting career as a Packer. Personally, I'm looking forward to getting Tretter back and I think Starks has looked much better and more decisive than Lacy so far this season. I miss Finley.
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago
I started this thread to discuss the poor play of the Offensive and the Defensive lines. Not the entire Defence or the entire Offence. The speciality players can't perform their jobs without the lines doing theirs first. Just saying you blame the coaches or the players or the management without anymore than that is a poor argument. Why do you place the blame where you do ? Today I saw the Defence playing 2-5 because of lack of quality D-linemen. I saw TE's and RB's trying to block and protect our QB because the O-linemen were getting schooled by Detroit. It's time to remove the rose colored glasses and see the truth. The Packers are losing due to poor line play. Now who recruited these guys? 🇹🇹
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Today I saw the Defence playing 2-5 because of lack of quality D-linemen.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Or because part of that 5 is DL in the Packers mind... such as Peppers and Neal who have basically been DL their whole careers and still used mostly as DL types going forwards. Same for Matthews other than not playing DL.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.