Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The Packers have started off 1 - 2 the last three seasons.

2014 finished ? - ?

2013 finished 8 - 7 - 1
'Won' division title
Lost Wild Card round vs 49ers

2012 finished 11 - 5
Won division title
Won Wild Card round vs Vikings
Lost Division round vs 49ers

I'm not liking this trend.

Then there is this. "McCarthy didn't put the blame on Rodgers and said he felt he didn't stay committed to the run enough to take pressure off the quarterback in the passing game. McCarthy indicated that he allowed Rodgers to do most of the play-calling in the second half."

Again, the same post game flavor of comments. This is just another rerun ho-hum.
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Packers seem to start off slow most years... and then follow it with a winning streak that gets them back on track...

2014: 1-2
2013: 1-2 in Sept followed by 4-0 in Oct
2012: 2-3 followed by 5-0
2011: 13-0 followed by 2-1 (I said most not all)
2010: 3-3 followed by 4-0 (and if I remember right didn't the Falcons rob the game of that game? Other wise it would of been 6-0).
2009: 4-4 followed by 5-0
2008: 2-3 followed by 4-7 in Rodgers first year as starter...
2007: 4-1 followed by 5-0
2006: 1-4 followed by 3-1
2005: 0-4 followed by 2-3 year Sherman
2004: 1-4 followed by 6-0
2003: 3-4 followed by 7-2
2002: 6-1 followed by 6-3
2001: 4-2 followed by 5-1

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
I hate it that he apparently still thinks "staying committed to the run" is what is needed. A big hell no to that! Over and over and over early in the game, they ran it on first and usually second down too - mostly off tackle, mostly to the left side behind damn Bakhtiari. We need to stay committed to THAT?

If we had a half decent O Line, it might be different, but we don't. Lacy can't take a step before the D is on him; Rodgers has zero time to throw - he really never did even in previous years. I watch Peyton Manning and others, and I can only dream of what Aaron Rodgers would do if he ever had a decent O Line.

Assuming that ain't gonna happen - if we are gonna go down, I'd rather it be with a "puncher's chance" - letting Aaron be Aaron - doing what won a Super Bowl and got us to 15-1 the next year. Let him roll out/scramble as needed, and throw it down the field. Use the pass to set up the run - not stupidly vice versa.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

The Packers have started off 1 - 2 the last three seasons.

I'm not liking this trend.

Then there is this. "McCarthy didn't put the blame on Rodgers and said he felt he didn't stay committed to the run enough to take pressure off the quarterback in the passing game. McCarthy indicated that he allowed Rodgers to do most of the play-calling in the second half."

Again, the same post game flavor of comments. This is just another rerun ho-hum.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Except we don't have a Jennings, Driver, Jones, or Finley on Offense this time around. Outside of Jordy, we don't have any playmaking receiver. Cobb has been anything but explosive slot receiver, and for some odd reason Bostick needs "more time" to be ready, despite being physically good enough to play on Special Teams. In short, we seem to lack playmaking options this time around, unless Lacy and/or Cobb suddenly start playing up to last year. Or Bostick is a revelation.

I suppose that means it'll be on Aaron to step up his game and make those around him better. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be likely either given his play of late.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
beast
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Mike McCarthy is a numbers guy... and Lions were stacking against the pass, only having 6 in the box (instead of the normal 7), which is why Mike McCarthy wanted to run more because normally teams should be able to run it with only 6 in the box.

Of course it's a bit harder with Suh and Fairley are 2 of those 6 as well as another top 5 overall DL and good run stopping DE in Jason Jones.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

MM is a numbers guy... and Lions were stacking against the pass, only having 6 in the box (instead of the normal 7), which is why Mike McCarthy wanted to run more because normally teams should be able to run it with only 6 in the box.

Of course it's a bit harder with Suh and Fairley are 2 of those 6 as well as another top 5 overall DL and good run stopping DE in Jason Jones.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Seemed like they were keying on Lacy, but Starks was getting some room to run.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
9 years ago

Seemed like they were keying on Lacy, but Starks was getting some room to run.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Seemed like Starks was moving north and south a little better. Lacy was moving side to side, but I can't totally blame him because it just didn't seem like anything was there.

With how well the Packers ran it at times last year, I admit I'm baffled at how poorly the run blocking has been this season. Granted, the Seahawks/Jets/Lions all have good fronts. Still, biggest disappointment on offense, in my opinion, has been the huge step back in the running game.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Cheesey
9 years ago
Yes, the season isn't over yet.
And I can surely understand people being frustrated with the awful play.
I don't know if the talent is there to turn it around.
I HOPE they do.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

Seemed like Starks was moving north and south a little better. Lacy was moving side to side, but I can't totally blame him because it just didn't seem like anything was there.

With how well the Packers ran it at times last year, I admit I'm baffled at how poorly the run blocking has been this season. Granted, the Seahawks/Jets/Lions all have good fronts. Still, biggest disappointment on offense, in my opinion, has been the huge step back in the running game.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

There's something wrong with Lang.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
9 years ago

Yes, the season isn't over yet.
And I can surely understand people being frustrated with the awful play.
I don't know if the talent is there to turn it around.
I HOPE they do.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We'll still beat the shit teams and the middle of the road teams. Detoilet was only tough, because it's at their house and theyre a division rival.

And for the record, they didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.