walleye
15 years ago
(Injury update?)
Junius Coston had a knee injury and did not return. Jansen had a knee and did not return. That's all the information I have right now.

(Why just one series for the starters?)
That was the goal going into it and I didn't think it was going to be one play. I thought about putting them back out there but our number one priority for the first group was to come out of the game healthy. We felt like our body of work to this point was enough information to answer the questions that we have. This game for us was about the evaluation of a number of our younger players, particularly the players that played most of the game.

(Has your pecking order changed after Aaron (Rodgers) tonight? If not, can you assess?)
I think both our young quarterbacks were in some tough spots, particularly early in the game - probably the whole first half. Frankly, I liked the way they went about their business. I thought they both attacked the game for as tough as it got in certain spots in the game I've already alluded to. They kept battling. They did some good things. I thought Matt (Flynn) made some big plays down at the end, but once again it's information that you're using to develop the quarterbacks and we'll continue to do that and we'll say it for about the 100th time. It takes time to develop young quarterbacks and that's where we are. I'm excited about their future, but we've got work to do.

(What do you think you've learned about Aaron as a starter now that you've seen him through training camp as a starter?)
I think Aaron's ready to play. I felt that before the preseason started. I think he's done all the things needed to prepare himself for this opportunity. I think he's had a very productive preseason as far as his production in the game in the preseason games. He's had a very good week of practice even with the cut back reps. He's ready to go, so I have no concerns about Aaron Rodgers.

(With the season starting next weekend, how comfortable are you with your backup quarterbacks?)
I'm as comfortable as I was going into the game. I thought they took another step forward and they need time, and we'll continue to develop them. I think they both have a great future.

(Even though it does take time do you give them that time during their rookie seasons or do you bring in a veteran that can finish a game for you)
Those are all options. There is a lot more information than tonight's game that will determine the answer to your question.I'm in charge in coaching the players that are here. These particular quarterbacks, I'm excited about it. Once again they need time to develop. And we are developing them and they are doing a good job and will continue to get better. So, I'm comfortable with our three quarterbacks.

(Can you still say definitively Brian is the number two quarterback and Matt is the number three quarterback?)
That's why we play the games. We'll come in tomorrow just like we have every preseason games. We'll grade the games, talk about it as a staff. Walking off the field tonight, I feel that they both did a number of positive things. I think there's things they can learn from. There's mistakes they made they can learn from. I think they played to the speed of the game as they did the past three games. Those are all things to talk about. I understand Matt throw a couple touchdown passes and I'm excited for him. But it's a process. It's not about one game, it's not about one day. It's a process to get the young quarterbacks ready to play and develop at the same time. It's a challenge.

(If J.J. Jansen couldn't make it next week is Rob Davis an option?)
I don't have enough information on J.J. And I think Rob is comfortable in his position. You'd have to ask Rob that.

(Did you consider not going for two to not extend the game and possibly get someone hurt?)No, we're going to go for two. It's important to win the game.

(You said you gave it some thought to putting the starters back out there. Did you give any more thought about sending Ryan Grant out there and get him some carries?)
Thought about it, decided against it, obviously. I don't what else to tell you.

(What did you think about Lumpkin?)
I thought Lumpkin did a good job. He runs physical. He continues to improve. He breaks tackles. He's a better player when he gets past the line of scrimmage than I originally thought. He gets more comfortable. ... You see the physicality of his play has increased and I thought he did some good things tonight. Our ballcarriers and quarterbacks were put in some tough spots now. They had free runners running at them. The quarterbacks were getting hit and the running backs were avoiding people in the backfield. I thought they did a nice job for the most part.

(Did the catch by Jennings happen right in front of you? Did you see what the safety did?)
It was cloud. It was half. And I thought he came out of his break flat from what I saw out on the field. But that's all I got for you.

(Did you get a good enough look at Desmond Bishop?)
I thought Desmond Bishop played well. That second defense...If we didn't turn that ball over, we're hanging right in there. I thought the lack of productivity on offense wore our defense down. That long drive in the third quarter took a lot out of that group. But I was very pleased with the way the second defense played. :magnifyglass: :magnifyglass:

Interesting!!!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Heh. Could you imagine Rob Davis coming back?
Would be interesting to see.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Cheesey
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I really liked Davis.
I watched him, as it always seemed he was in on the play when he snapped for punts. He would be down the field and in on the tackle most of the time.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

I really liked Davis.
I watched him, as it always seemed he was in on the play when he snapped for punts. He would be down the field and in on the tackle most of the time.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I thought right after the injury happened. " Wherever Rob Davis is, suit him up NOW!"
blank
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

I really liked Davis.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I thought right after the injury happened. " Wherever Rob Davis is, suit him up NOW!"

"zombieslayer" wrote:

May I add that I rarely saw a bad snap from Rob Davis. This is something most people didn't notice, but I think we have been kind of spoiled with his consistency.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I really liked Davis.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Yeah. That was another cool thing about him.

By the way, isn't Davis your age?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
longtimefan
15 years ago

I really liked Davis.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yeah. That was another cool thing about him.

By the way, isn't Davis your age?

"Cheesey" wrote:

rob is older πŸ˜‰ :thumbright:
mkapp
15 years ago
my 2 cents:

Brett Swain should be cut. The fair catch he called was ridiculous...there was nobody within 15 yards! There was another play that he totally boned, but I cant remember now.

Flynn is our #2 QB.

The 2pt conversion looked good to me. I didnt get to see the slo-mo replay but it looked as though he was pushed out.

Driver likes to dance on the sidelines.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

my 2 cents:

Brett Swain should be cut. The fair catch he called was ridiculous...there was nobody within 15 yards! There was another play that he totally boned, but I cant remember now.

Flynn is our #2 QB.

The 2pt conversion looked good to me. I didnt get to see the slo-mo replay but it looked as though he was pushed out.

"mkapp" wrote:

You might be tinking about the horrible attempt of a tackle on the fake punt.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

my 2 cents:

Flynn is our #2 QB.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

You might be tinking about the horrible attempt of a tackle on the fake punt.

"mkapp" wrote:

Or the two dropped passes.

The two-point conversion was no good, by the way. They did away with the force-out rule after last season.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? πŸ₯Ί I think that means you missed more than half of them 😒
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead πŸ€ͺ
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.