walleye
15 years ago
(Injury update?)
Junius Coston had a knee injury and did not return. Jansen had a knee and did not return. That's all the information I have right now.

(Why just one series for the starters?)
That was the goal going into it and I didn't think it was going to be one play. I thought about putting them back out there but our number one priority for the first group was to come out of the game healthy. We felt like our body of work to this point was enough information to answer the questions that we have. This game for us was about the evaluation of a number of our younger players, particularly the players that played most of the game.

(Has your pecking order changed after Aaron (Rodgers) tonight? If not, can you assess?)
I think both our young quarterbacks were in some tough spots, particularly early in the game - probably the whole first half. Frankly, I liked the way they went about their business. I thought they both attacked the game for as tough as it got in certain spots in the game I've already alluded to. They kept battling. They did some good things. I thought Matt (Flynn) made some big plays down at the end, but once again it's information that you're using to develop the quarterbacks and we'll continue to do that and we'll say it for about the 100th time. It takes time to develop young quarterbacks and that's where we are. I'm excited about their future, but we've got work to do.

(What do you think you've learned about Aaron as a starter now that you've seen him through training camp as a starter?)
I think Aaron's ready to play. I felt that before the preseason started. I think he's done all the things needed to prepare himself for this opportunity. I think he's had a very productive preseason as far as his production in the game in the preseason games. He's had a very good week of practice even with the cut back reps. He's ready to go, so I have no concerns about Aaron Rodgers.

(With the season starting next weekend, how comfortable are you with your backup quarterbacks?)
I'm as comfortable as I was going into the game. I thought they took another step forward and they need time, and we'll continue to develop them. I think they both have a great future.

(Even though it does take time do you give them that time during their rookie seasons or do you bring in a veteran that can finish a game for you)
Those are all options. There is a lot more information than tonight's game that will determine the answer to your question.I'm in charge in coaching the players that are here. These particular quarterbacks, I'm excited about it. Once again they need time to develop. And we are developing them and they are doing a good job and will continue to get better. So, I'm comfortable with our three quarterbacks.

(Can you still say definitively Brian is the number two quarterback and Matt is the number three quarterback?)
That's why we play the games. We'll come in tomorrow just like we have every preseason games. We'll grade the games, talk about it as a staff. Walking off the field tonight, I feel that they both did a number of positive things. I think there's things they can learn from. There's mistakes they made they can learn from. I think they played to the speed of the game as they did the past three games. Those are all things to talk about. I understand Matt throw a couple touchdown passes and I'm excited for him. But it's a process. It's not about one game, it's not about one day. It's a process to get the young quarterbacks ready to play and develop at the same time. It's a challenge.

(If J.J. Jansen couldn't make it next week is Rob Davis an option?)
I don't have enough information on J.J. And I think Rob is comfortable in his position. You'd have to ask Rob that.

(Did you consider not going for two to not extend the game and possibly get someone hurt?)No, we're going to go for two. It's important to win the game.

(You said you gave it some thought to putting the starters back out there. Did you give any more thought about sending Ryan Grant out there and get him some carries?)
Thought about it, decided against it, obviously. I don't what else to tell you.

(What did you think about Lumpkin?)
I thought Lumpkin did a good job. He runs physical. He continues to improve. He breaks tackles. He's a better player when he gets past the line of scrimmage than I originally thought. He gets more comfortable. ... You see the physicality of his play has increased and I thought he did some good things tonight. Our ballcarriers and quarterbacks were put in some tough spots now. They had free runners running at them. The quarterbacks were getting hit and the running backs were avoiding people in the backfield. I thought they did a nice job for the most part.

(Did the catch by Jennings happen right in front of you? Did you see what the safety did?)
It was cloud. It was half. And I thought he came out of his break flat from what I saw out on the field. But that's all I got for you.

(Did you get a good enough look at Desmond Bishop?)
I thought Desmond Bishop played well. That second defense...If we didn't turn that ball over, we're hanging right in there. I thought the lack of productivity on offense wore our defense down. That long drive in the third quarter took a lot out of that group. But I was very pleased with the way the second defense played. :magnifyglass: :magnifyglass:

Interesting!!!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Heh. Could you imagine Rob Davis coming back?
Would be interesting to see.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I really liked Davis.
I watched him, as it always seemed he was in on the play when he snapped for punts. He would be down the field and in on the tackle most of the time.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

I really liked Davis.
I watched him, as it always seemed he was in on the play when he snapped for punts. He would be down the field and in on the tackle most of the time.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I thought right after the injury happened. " Wherever Rob Davis is, suit him up NOW!"
blank
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

I really liked Davis.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I thought right after the injury happened. " Wherever Rob Davis is, suit him up NOW!"

"zombieslayer" wrote:

May I add that I rarely saw a bad snap from Rob Davis. This is something most people didn't notice, but I think we have been kind of spoiled with his consistency.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I really liked Davis.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Yeah. That was another cool thing about him.

By the way, isn't Davis your age?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
longtimefan
15 years ago

I really liked Davis.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yeah. That was another cool thing about him.

By the way, isn't Davis your age?

"Cheesey" wrote:

rob is older 😉 :thumbright:
mkapp
15 years ago
my 2 cents:

Brett Swain should be cut. The fair catch he called was ridiculous...there was nobody within 15 yards! There was another play that he totally boned, but I cant remember now.

Flynn is our #2 QB.

The 2pt conversion looked good to me. I didnt get to see the slo-mo replay but it looked as though he was pushed out.

Driver likes to dance on the sidelines.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

my 2 cents:

Brett Swain should be cut. The fair catch he called was ridiculous...there was nobody within 15 yards! There was another play that he totally boned, but I cant remember now.

Flynn is our #2 QB.

The 2pt conversion looked good to me. I didnt get to see the slo-mo replay but it looked as though he was pushed out.

"mkapp" wrote:

You might be tinking about the horrible attempt of a tackle on the fake punt.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

my 2 cents:

Flynn is our #2 QB.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

You might be tinking about the horrible attempt of a tackle on the fake punt.

"mkapp" wrote:

Or the two dropped passes.

The two-point conversion was no good, by the way. They did away with the force-out rule after last season.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.