Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Everyone is doing it, why not? We'll base these grades off how the Packers rank vs other teams.

Grading Scale
A = 1 - 5
B = 6 - 10
C = 11 - 16
D = 17 - 24
F = 25 - 32

Offensive:- A =d>
Defense: B+ [wasntme]
Special Teams: B+ 🤔

The Packers offense has been able to put points on the board. The running game is junk, but running efficiency is not correlated to a godo team, its correlated to a balanced team. The Packers not balanced and yet continue to put up points.

The Packers defense has been good against the passing game and vacant for the running game. This is a higher than deserved grade, but when compared to other teams it is how it fits in.

The Packers special teams has been very good. Mason Crosby's only miss was a block, he's doing well on touchbacks and Tim Masthay has had two games he wasn't even needed. That's more a credit to the offense. The return game is what takes this grade down from an A to a B+.

The Zero has spoken!!
hmm sounded better in my head
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
Packer Offense is A. Running game isn't so good but it is good enough.

Defense is a C at best. Rushing defense is F. Pass defense is probably a B. They have some turnovers so I will bump the over Def to the C.

ST has a a lot of facets.

KO Return averages 23.6 per return. Tied for 18th. Total yards for returns 20th. Is a bit of a misnomer because if the other team doesn't score you don't get KO returns and then there is also the teams who have had their bye impacted. I give a C -.

Punt Returns averages 9.6 yards. That is 11th best. Total yards 14th. B-.

Defense KO returns 21st. 24.6 average and 25th for total yards given up. The question is is it better to kick the ball 7 yards deep and let the guy run it out to the 19 for a total of 26 yards or kick it to the 3 and let him bring it back 20 yards to the 23? The first team looks like they are doing a worse job but they are giving up poorer field position. There are stats out there that show the average starting field position. In my quick look I didn't see them. From what I have the Packers return coverage team is below average so they get a D.

Defense punt returns. 5th best in average yards allowed also total yards allowed. A.

Kicking- FGs. 20th best. I would rather score a TD than a FG. Many teams have 0 or 1 missed FG. I will still give a B.

Punting. Net avg 13th best. 41.4 avg. gave a B.

1 A
2 B
2 C
1 D

averages to a C.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago
To me, offense so far gets a B. The inability to run the ball effectively keeps it from an A. At some point it could end up costing big time.

Defense, a D+. Run defense is horrible. Pass D so so.
Special teams, C.
That's how I see it at least.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
9 years ago

Packer Offense is A. Running game isn't so good but it is good enough.

Defense is a C at best. Rushing defense is F. Pass defense is probably a B. They have some turnovers so I will bump the over Def to the C.

ST has a a lot of facets.

KO Return averages 23.6 per return. Tied for 18th. Total yards for returns 20th. Is a bit of a misnomer because if the other team doesn't score you don't get KO returns and then there is also the teams who have had their bye impacted. I give a C -.

Punt Returns averages 9.6 yards. That is 11th best. Total yards 14th. B-.

Defense KO returns 21st. 24.6 average and 25th for total yards given up. The question is is it better to kick the ball 7 yards deep and let the guy run it out to the 19 for a total of 26 yards or kick it to the 3 and let him bring it back 20 yards to the 23? The first team looks like they are doing a worse job but they are giving up poorer field position. There are stats out there that show the average starting field position. In my quick look I didn't see them. From what I have the Packers return coverage team is below average so they get a D.

Defense punt returns. 5th best in average yards allowed also total yards allowed. A.

Kicking- FGs. 20th best. I would rather score a TD than a FG. Many teams have 0 or 1 missed FG. I will still give a B.

Punting. Net avg 13th best. 41.4 avg. gave a B.

1 A
2 B
2 C
1 D

averages to a C.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Well done. I think you are spot on with this.

I have to believe that our D is the only major question as far as postseason success. If our D could be just above average - we would be able to beat anyone anywhere.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago
I love the continuing optimism.

Even if I still consider it unwarranted.

(shrug)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nyrpack
9 years ago
zero your being way too generous giving the dee a b+

they give up way too many big plays esp. on 3rd downs, they have had alot of recent injurys but they have to get better in the 2nd half of the yr. !!
jimmy b.
RaiderPride
9 years ago

Grading Scale
A = 1 - 5
B = 6 - 10
C = 11 - 16
D = 17 - 24
F = 25 - 32

Offensive:- A =d>
Defense: B+ [wasntme]
Special Teams: B+

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

GREAT THREAD CONCEPT.

My thoughts..

Fact is, if the season ended today this Packers team are out of the playoff picture. That is right. They are all hunting, fishing, heading to a disco on Saturday night. They are on a plane to Hawaii, or Fiji, or the North Island of New Zealand.

Ok.. They are not heading to a disco. Well, Aaron with that stash might have one in his basement including the spinning glass mirror ball.

But, the point is... they are out of the playoff picture.

For that reason..

I give them an over all C- rating.

They still are going to the NFC Championship game.. I am confident about that. BUT this great thread is about a present Report Card.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
DoddPower
9 years ago

GREAT THREAD CONCEPT.

My thoughts..

Fact is, if the season ended today this Packers team are out of the playoff picture. That is right. They are all hunting, fishing, heading to a disco on Saturday night. They are on a plane to Hawaii, or Fiji, or the North Island of New Zealand.

Ok.. They are not heading to a disco. Well, Aaron with that stash might have one in his basement including the spinning glass mirror ball.

But, the point is... they are out of the playoff picture.

For that reason..

I give them an over all C- rating.

They still are going to the NFC Championship game.. I am confident about that. BUT this great thread is about a present Report Card.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Yeah, I can see your perspective. But personally, I could care less how the playoff picture looks right now. It's largely meaningless. It's a fun thing to think about for a minute here and there, but nothing else. That's why teams play 16 games. I think the Packers will be in the playoffs, but I'll worry about it then if they are not.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Yeah, I can see your perspective. But personally, I could care less how the playoff picture looks right now. It's largely meaningless. It's a fun thing to think about for a minute here and there, but nothing else. That's why teams play 16 games. I think the Packers will be in the playoffs, but I'll worry about it then if they are not.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Dodd this is the perspective after 8 weeks. Certainly where they are after the full schedule means more bit this is what we have to look at right now.

After all, anyone of us can easily say the running game is a little weak but when it gets cold the Packers tens to do a better job of running the ball so let's move their grade from a B or C to an A or B. We can say the defense is lousy but we really really think that is going to be better later int he year so let's give then an A.

Not being a playoff eligible team at after 8 weeks does merit consideration in mid year grades.

But as you said "personally" so I have no problem with you grading in one manner, Zero in his own and I with yet a different set of standards.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

Dodd this is the perspective after 8 weeks. Certainly where they are after the full schedule means more bit this is what we have to look at right now.

After all, anyone of us can easily say the running game is a little weak but when it gets cold the Packers tens to do a better job of running the ball so let's move their grade from a B or C to an A or B. We can say the defense is lousy but we really really think that is going to be better later int he year so let's give then an A.

Not being a playoff eligible team at after 8 weeks does merit consideration in mid year grades.

But as you said "personally" so I have no problem with you grading in one manner, Zero in his own and I with yet a different set of standards.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I mean, it's an interesting exercise. But it's just not a full representation of the team. It's like mock drafts or preseason power rankings. They can be interesting, but they don't mean much.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.