Zero2Cool
9 years ago
If the playoffs started today, Packers (7 - 3) would visit Atlanta (4 - 6) in the playoffs. Remember how that went in 2010? :)

The Eagles game was a very top to bottom win and it sure looks like the defense is starting to come together. I'm definitely starting to get the fever now.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago
So far so good!

Let's maintain this next week against the Queens, then we have another "test" game against New England. Should build our confidence if all goes well.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

If the playoffs started today, Packers (7 - 3) would visit Atlanta (4 - 6) in the playoffs. Remember how that went in 2010? :)

The Eagles game was a very top to bottom win and it sure looks like the defense is starting to come together. I'm definitely starting to get the fever now.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The team is showing vibes of the "every week a different guy makes a play" which is always good to have.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
hardrocker950
9 years ago

The team is showing vibes of the "every week a different guy makes a play" which is always good to have.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Very good point. When you are getting results from multiple players, it really does make them look better. One trick pony teams don't tend to fair well in the postseason. My biggest question now - can they do this consistently? The next two games will answer that.

Next week we will see if they are capable of playing this way outside of Lambeau. Even knowing that Minnesota is not a strong team right now, to play at a high level on the road would be encouraging.

The difference between a contender and a pretender is determined by playing against a high quality opponent - which ironically is just around the corner. A win against the Pats would be huge for a defense that people (including me) have been questioning the past few seasons.

Things are looking up as of late. At least I can give my co-worker a hard time tomorrow, as he has been bragging up his Eagles all season.
Smokey
9 years ago
The Packers host the NE Patriots on Nov. 30th . The game will answer this threads big question. I believe that the Packers can win this game, but only if they can harass Tom Brady. It is the key element to defeating the Patriots. The game will rest with the defence.

"to be the man, you've got to beat the man"

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
I am more sold in the thorough top to bottom Eagles domination than I am concerned about a 3 point win over division rivals. It did appear the Packers played down to their competition a little. And it seemed they were forcing the run, and it worked.

I'm still leaning more towards CONTENDER than pretender.

If the Playoffs started now, Packers have 2nd seed.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I love the streak we've been on but get real for a few seconds...

Jay Cutler...Mark Sanchez and Teddy Bridgewater? LOL.

The Saints and Drew Brees just destroyed us. In fact, New Orleans scored more points vs. the Packers than in any other game this season including the putrid Bucs when they mustered 37.

The Bengals and Ravens both went into New Orleans and beat them...the Bengals soundly so. Only impressive Saints win all season was vs. the Packers. Otherwise, the Panthers, Bucs, and Vikings.

So, the Saints are a BAD football team and put 44 on us. Why? They have a real QB...we haven't played many of those all season. Brees might be the only legit one and he destroyed us.

The Patriots are a much better football team than we've faced all year and Tom Brady is not going to miss WR's like the slop we've seen play against us the past few weeks.

Love the move of Matthews inside. Genius. I'm not sure that's enough vs. a team like New England.

This is the kind of game you have to at least compete in to prove you're worthy of the praise you've been receiving. Only after a game like this can you truly get excited about what this team is or might be...not before like some of you have taken the bait on, anointing this team way too soon.

The Pats could very well leave Lambeau a victor of 21+ points...then what? R-E-L-A-X because we don't have to face another team with a great QB for the rest of the regular season?

I'm curious to see what we are on Sunday. I don't feel real good about what our D is going to do and I'm concerned about our O as well.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
It was probably a few avatars ago, but you had one that was really awesome. I think it was a shield or something like that.

Losing to the Patriots by 20+ isn't the end of the world. Losing by 20+ to the Patriots and failing to rebound, now that would be a problem.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

It was probably a few avatars ago, but you had one that was really awesome. I think it was a shield or something like that.

Losing to the Patriots by 20+ isn't the end of the world. Losing by 20+ to the Patriots and failing to rebound, now that would be a problem.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Was it Packers themed? I'm sure I could dig it up. The Ted Thompson Draft Develop Repeat?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Was it Packers themed? I'm sure I could dig it up. The Ted Thompson Draft Develop Repeat?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No, not Ted anything. It was just a very well designed graphic. I can't picture fully enough to describe, but I remember seeing it and each time thinking "now that's a nice graphic". I believe it had the Packers logo on it and was gray-ish.

BTW, these power rankings are spot on accurate. Notice no one wants to chirp up now. HA!
UserPostedImage