Rockmolder
15 years ago
Came up with this idea (With the help of NonStop) after talking with some PH members in the chat.

Superbowl predicitions always seem to be somewhat empty, just throwing some random teams in there. This thread is about who deserves to win the SB and why.

I'd like either the Cardinals or the Eagles to win the SB.

The Cards deserve some winning after their years of mediocrity and I love Kurt Warner's story. He worked in a grocery store, played in Amsterdam, gets a SB with the Rams, gets dumped by both the Rams and Giants in favor of other QBs and now coming back to win another SB. That would be great.

The Eagles because McNabb is getting critizised about pretty much everything, yet, he played, and is still playing, great for years. They'll be in trouble and wishing for him to get back once he retires or leaves. Reid also deserves a ring, he's a great coach, getting his team in great position to get a ring, yet, always lose it eventually.

Keep posting, people!
dfosterf
15 years ago
I'm going Eagles for several reasons. As was mentioned, McNabb got a bad rap, along with Reid. The downside to this is that I live in what now will become Eagles country yet again. (fair weather fans personified). The upside is that I will at least have the personal satisfaction of knowing that I defended both of them when they were at the low point this year. ( :icon_smile: Just ask Pack93z :icon_smile: ) and will be able to throw it in the faces of all the Eagle/Steeler fans that I know around these parts. I am also going to root for the Chargers, and this is where it gets a little strange, because of all the teams left I would actually prefer to see the Steelers take it. My motivation is that I want to see just how many of the green jerseys come back out of the closets of all of these dual team/dependent upon record fans I must endure living here in Pa.

I recognize that what I am asking/rooting for actually rewards these clowns, and a less-deserving fanbase I cannot think of. The only redeeming quality is that I did make it a strong point to point... I pointed out this possibility of a playoff run, and further pointed out that (insert Eagle fan here) would live to eat the words, "McNabb and Reid have got to go."

It's complicated... Wishing a SB victory on behalf of these butt-head fans...never said I was right in the head. (Vikesrule is gonna run with that, lol)
HoustonMatt
15 years ago
I'll start with an anti-focus and pick two teams that don't deserve to win the Super Bowl.

Arizona - This is a team that managed to make its way into the playoffs despite scoring only one more point than they allowed over the course of the regular season. On the whole, they were slightly above mediocre, as their 9-7 record would suggest. They're a team that benefited from playing in the sorriest division in the NFL. If you continue to follow this logic, you'll have no problem guessing which team comes next.

San Diego - A team with as much talent as any team in the league, the Chargers backed into the playoffs with an 8-8 record by virtue of playing in an equally bad division as did the Cardinals. Color me unimpressed.

Once my team has been eliminated from the post-season, I generally root for the teams that I think are best to win the championship - because I feel that they "deserve" it. While there's not a better alternative, the current playoff structure in the NFL isn't very good at selecting the best team as the eventual champion.

Eliminating those two teams leaves Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Philadelphia in play. On the surface you could argue the Eagles, with a 9-6-1 record, belong in the above group, but given their point differential (+127 - good for 4th in the league), I think their record is more a result of bad breaks and playing in a good division than anything else. Pittsburgh is one of the most well run franchises in all of sports and Baltimore was solid all year long. I'd say all three of those teams are "deserving" of a Super Bowl title.
blank
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Nice, pretty good analysis from a statistical point of view.
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's hard for me to come up with reasons for any of them to win....WE should be there!
I don't like the Eagles because of the "4th and 26" fiasco, and their fans. I don't want to see those jerks have a reason to be even bigger jerks.

Baltimore........having a rookie QB, that would be fun to see Flacco win it.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
But Flacco won't have won it. Flacco is a kid on roller blades, holding onto a string tied to his dad's bicycle, rolling down the street screaming "Wheeee!" as his dad does all the hard work.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I'm changing my mind. (You know, like an "eagles fan" would). I'm saying Steelers.
Formo
15 years ago
I'm with Rockmolder.

Only, Iggles first, THEN Cards.

I want the Iggles to win so I can say the Vikes only lost to the eventual Super Bowl winners.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

It's hard for me to come up with reasons for any of them to win....WE should be there!
I don't like the Eagles because of the "4th and 26" fiasco, and their fans. I don't want to see those jerks have a reason to be even bigger jerks.

Baltimore........having a rookie QB, that would be fun to see Flacco win it.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree, the Packers are the only team that deserves to hold the Lombardi trophy.

So with the 4 left I am down to Ravens also. But not because of Falco.

My reasoning is pretty simple. First I like defense, so that eliminates the Cards.

The other reason is, which team has players that I like. And that gets me to the Ravens. Ed Reed, is just an incredible player. Then add that they now have Jim Leonhard.

But Flacco won't have won it. Flacco is a kid on roller blades, holding onto a string tied to his dad's bicycle, rolling down the street screaming "Wheeee!" as his dad does all the hard work.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1.

This has to be about the best analogy of a QB coasting.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
vegOmatic
15 years ago
Cardinals deserve to win the Superbowl.

Why?

Because I hate the other remaining three teams more.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.