musccy
9 years ago

I don't go to bars. Never had a drink in my life.

Yes, we beat SF...we also beat them many times after that. Those Niners were a good matchup for us. Dallas wasn't. Seattle is not a good matchup for us and you know that.

This charge of disappearing when we win or times are good is a misnomer. I left for clear reasons...I guess you missed that post of mine. Again, it fits your narrative better when you force your desired reality into real reality. It doesn't fit but that's okay.

Superior fan? Nope...I'm probably a pretty poor one but I follow closely and know a few things. I only wish I could be more like you... it's more fun that way.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The reference to the bar was that you were using some random fan none of us know to validate your predictions. My girlfriend thinks the Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Granted, she still thinks "that Donovan guy" is their quarterback, but hey, I know her, she said it so it's fact.

I never said Seattle was a good matchup. As I mentioned, I feel there are a number of teams the Packers wouldn't be favored against, they're one of them. Detroit is another, IMO.

I don't know why you left. I leave as well for long periods of time due to undulating time constraints with my job. My point is that all we seem to read is your Chicken Little predictions. When you're right, or if the odds don't seem to favor the Packers, or a draft pick of Ted's isn't working, you're repeatedly preaching from the highest of mountains. If the Packers pull the upset, their 5th rounder pans out, etc....crickets and tumbleweed.

If by "being like me," you're lumping me in with your mischaracterization of people on this site being blissfully naive fans slurping the Ted/Mike/Murphy Kool-aid specially formulated to elicit applause for moral victories and mediocrity, then you too are writing your own narrative to fit your chosen reality.
dhazer
9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Sorry i always have to give an applaud to the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

The reference to the bar was that you were using some random fan none of us know to validate your predictions. My girlfriend thinks the Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Granted, she still thinks "that Donovan guy" is their quarterback, but hey, I know her, she said it so it's fact.

I never said Seattle was a good matchup. As I mentioned, I feel there are a number of teams the Packers wouldn't be favored against, they're one of them. Detroit is another, IMO.

I don't know why you left. I leave as well for long periods of time due to undulating time constraints with my job. My point is that all we seem to read is your Chicken Little predictions. When you're right, or if the odds don't seem to favor the Packers, or a draft pick of Ted's isn't working, you're repeatedly preaching from the highest of mountains. If the Packers pull the upset, their 5th rounder pans out, etc....crickets and tumbleweed.

If by "being like me," you're lumping me in with your mischaracterization of people on this site being blissfully naive fans slurping the Ted/Mike/Murphy Kool-aid specially formulated to elicit applause for moral victories and mediocrity, then you too are writing your own narrative to fit your chosen reality.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I only brought up these folks that you don't know because it shows that the common perception among fans who are educated, because you know that's the only kind who I would be friends with, think the same as I do. One guy works for the NFL on SIrius/XM the other is a hardcore Broncos fan who coaches football and gets it.

Oh, I don't have any idea if you're a TT/MM sycophant... I haven't studied you enough to know.

The charge of all gloom and doom is errant. There are plenty of things I like. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not things I enjoy about the Packers. It's well established how I feel. Mike McCarthy is a dimwit. Did you happen to see his quote after the Bills game about having a different play called where Tretter had help and went away from it? It's things like that... he does dumb things. Why did he go away from helping Tretter when we're on the goalline? Not a good time for that. Next, he names playoff captains now because he's in "playoff mode" now? I'd say he was a week too late with that.

I'm a big Randall Cobb fan...I really like Jeff Janis. Was excited about Abbrederis. Linsely looks like a long term answer at C. I like Clay and Mike Daniels...Casey Hayward. Enjoyed the 1st half of the New England game immensely.

Not a fan of what happened in Buffalo and the implications. Typical Packers football though. Frustrating. Maybe, you're right... Detroit is a bad matchup for us... but HOME is the great equalizer for us with wins going back to 1991. HOME may have been just enough to help slide us past Seattle even though they're a terrible matchup for us. Seattle is not a great road team. We all know what an excellent home team they are.

I will say this... Seattle is not impressive to me overall. Defensively...yeah, they're good. Offensively? Not so much. I saw them lose to the Chiefs. Who have they beaten recently? A putrid SF team, twice, and Arizona with their backup QB? I don't see a single impressive win outside of beating Denver at home. You could count us, too, I suppose. Seattle has barely gotten by Oakland by 6 and Carolina by 4. Struggled vs. Giants before turning it on late. Maybe, I've oversold them a bit? Still, Packers are a poor road team this year and certainly aren't built to play well in Seattle.

Just can't get over the fact we had the Seattle issue taken care of and then we undid it with a mystifying performance in Buffalo.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
9 years ago

I only brought up these folks that you don't know because it shows that the common perception among fans who are educated, because you know that's the only kind who I would be friends with, think the same as I do. One guy works for the NFL on SIrius/XM the other is a hardcore Broncos fan who coaches football and gets it.

Oh, I don't have any idea if you're a TT/MM sycophant... I haven't studied you enough to know.

The charge of all gloom and doom is errant. There are plenty of things I like. Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not things I enjoy about the Packers. It's well established how I feel. Mike McCarthy is a dimwit. Did you happen to see his quote after the Bills game about having a different play called where Tretter had help and went away from it? It's things like that... he does dumb things. Why did he go away from helping Tretter when we're on the goalline? Not a good time for that. Next, he names playoff captains now because he's in "playoff mode" now? I'd say he was a week too late with that.

I'm a big Randall Cobb fan...I really like Jeff Janis. Was excited about Abbrederis. Linsely looks like a long term answer at C. I like Clay and Mike Daniels...Casey Hayward. Enjoyed the 1st half of the New England game immensely.

Not a fan of what happened in Buffalo and the implications. Typical Packers football though. Frustrating. Maybe, you're right... Detroit is a bad matchup for us... but HOME is the great equalizer for us with wins going back to 1991. HOME may have been just enough to help slide us past Seattle even though they're a terrible matchup for us. Seattle is not a great road team. We all know what an excellent home team they are.

I will say this... Seattle is not impressive to me overall. Defensively...yeah, they're good. Offensively? Not so much. I saw them lose to the Chiefs. Who have they beaten recently? A putrid SF team, twice, and Arizona with their backup QB? I don't see a single impressive win outside of beating Denver at home. You could count us, too, I suppose. Seattle has barely gotten by Oakland by 6 and Carolina by 4. Struggled vs. Giants before turning it on late. Maybe, I've oversold them a bit? Still, Packers are a poor road team this year and certainly aren't built to play well in Seattle.

Just can't get over the fact we had the Seattle issue taken care of and then we undid it with a mystifying performance in Buffalo.

I generally give Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy the benefit of the doubt. As one example, the Tretter play. Mike talked about a different coverage. We don't know what he meant by that...maybe having another TE or OL on the line which they had been doing. The problem is the more protection you have, the worse your ratio of receiving threats is to their 7 in coverage which already proved to be a problem all day long. I actually don't think he has anything to apologize for.

I'm not trying to comment on the specifics of that play...just touching on the bigger concept that we don't consider the rationale or alternatives when a play doesn't work. Furthermore, I believe good execution always trumps good play calling so I point the fingers at the players a lot more than I do the coaches. The Packers have been consistently successful for a long time, yes, AR/BF have had a large role in that, but not the only reason and I don't think it's coincidental that Ted and Mike have been here during this fairly successful run.

As far as playoff captains...he's nominating them weeks before other teams. Others are pissed it's too soon. We're not in the locker room gauging the mentality of the team...either way, we're looking for something to squabble about as fans.

As for Seattle, 20 points in a 3 week span and 153 yards allowed to Philly. They're extremely good. They're still the best in the league in my opinion. No team is perfect 64 quarters so I don't care that the struggled against the Raiders. They've recently dominated AZ, San Fran, and Philly.

On that note, Buffalo was a dud for GB, no arguing there, the last half of Atl was awful too. They also had a generally solid stretch from Week 4 until Buffalo. There aren't a lot of other teams that can say that.
macbob
9 years ago

Who have we beaten on the road this year or any recent year? Who? NOBODY.

Why, in 2012 we beat Seattle in Seattle.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Why, in 2012 we beat Seattle in Seattle.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Oh, that. [puke]

To the question posed in the subject title... Look who Lavar Arrington thinks is going where for the NFC Playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445431/article/arians-pumps-up-game-with-hawks-for-division-title 

I think it's pretty safe to say he thinks we're a...
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Bailey.[grin1]
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Oh, that. [puke]

To the question posed in the subject title... Look who Lavar Arrington thinks is going where for the NFC Playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445431/article/arians-pumps-up-game-with-hawks-for-division-title 

I think it's pretty safe to say he thinks we're a...

And why should anyone care what he thinks? He was already proven wrong with Eagles losing to the Redskins.

He simply just picked the
Seahawks over the Cards (because the Cards injury at starting QB)
Colts over Cowboys (because the Cowboys injury at starting RB)
Eagles over Redskins (wrong) and Giants (saying the Eagles are going to beat his former teams)
And the Lions over the Packers (because he's stupid 😝 )

Okay maybe he's not stupid, but I was just meaning to throw in a playful jab.
But as far as I know, only 3 teams ever offered him a contract (probably more, but I just don't know about it)... the Redskins, Giants and Packers and he predicted all of them to lose. And so far he's 0-1 in that.

UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Bailey.[grin1]

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Common misconception. Pearl Bailey was bombed but it was on Irish cream.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Everything is riding on SNF... there are more than a few who think Arizona can win this game...I am not one of them, but the Cards are undefeated at home.

UserPostedImage